Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

Jeeze, here in CA we pay 9.75% sales tax which is $82.78 on top of $849. You, going to pass it up for a guitar that is hard to get? IMHO, the longer you wait the less chance you will get it. I took a chance on shopping around and being presistant and it paid off, even though I had t pay the sales tax. Got my GT with no pre order from Sam Ash in Hollywood, CA.

Good point bluesguitar, I think you have convinced me. Now I will try to see if I can get one even at the $910 price.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point bluesguitar, I think you have convinced me. Now I will try to see if I can get one even at the $910 price.

IMHO, when the opportunity of that hard to find guitar presents itself in front of you, you grab it. At least you are only paying the sales tax on top of the going price instead of some outrageous price from a shark. I was just on the phone with Gibson Customer Service and they stated that only 126 tributes per color will be made, so get them when it presents itself in front of you. The pre orders are no guarantee of getting one, so don't rely on your pre order. I just called Sam Ash Ontario, and they have a GT!!!

IMHO, when the opportunity of that hard to find guitar presents itself in front of you, you grab it. At least you are only paying the sales tax on top of the going price instead of some outrageous price from a shark. I was just on the phone with Gibson Customer Service and they stated that only 126 tributes per color will be made, so get them when it presents itself in front of you. The pre orders are no guarantee of getting one, so don't rely on your pre order. I just called Sam Ash Ontario, and they have a GT!!!

That number sounds incredibly low. 630 total guitars in all colors? They've shipped 479 per the opening thread, and that leaves a mere 150 to complete the whole run? There's going to be a seriously LARGE amount of disappointed people if only 630 are made.

That number sounds incredibly low. 630 total guitars in all colors? They've shipped 479 per the opening thread, and that leaves a mere 150 to complete the whole run? There's going to be a seriously LARGE amount of disappointed people if only 630 are made.

I agree, though he says it came straight form Gibson (would be nice-or NOT- to get some corroboration). If that is indeed true, than I don't think GC will get the 38 GT's they say they are expecting. But we've heard other misinformation before too... what the heck, I'm not playing (as I should be) at the moment. I'll give them a call (what can it hurt?).

Well, just got off the phone with M123 and the CSR told me they just adjusted their anticipated delivery date from 8/31 to 9/30. She also told me "June orders are good." I guess we'll see in a month.

Just got a return call from my GC contact. Warehouse did NOT get the order as expected, and like M123, they've automatically (I think [confused] ) adjusted theirs also to 9/30. Even he wasn't happy with that answer, and is going to call his Gibson contact to try to get a better idea (I don't hold a lot of hope for that producing results, I expect at some point he'll be told they'll get there when they get there, or ASAP, or words to that effect).

Well, I just got off the phone with Gibson Customer Service 800 444 2766 and he stated that there will only be 126 per color tibute 50s made and all colors have been allocated to dealers that have ordered. So get them if you can. So, there is a chance that many of us may get a cancel notice and a refund due. Call Gibson for more info.

To be clear, I am not at all calling you a liar, far from it. I too called the Cust. Svc. number you list above, and asked about the number that have/will be produced. Darrell (I've spoken to him before) could neither confirm nor deny that number, but says that number didn't come from Cust. Service as far as he knew, as he'd heard no number at all. Seems Gibson has made no official announcement as yet to the size of the LE.

Guys, that could be a good thing! Because it does not pin them to a wall on their word, which so far has only committed them (through the words of Henry J. on the other Forum) that it will retain it's status as an LE. If they don't publish the limit, they may be willing/able to adjust it upward? (Of course that may then contradict the previous statement that they are sold out...). Bottom line, we can't demand answers from Gibson (well, we can... but they may simply stand mute if they choose).

Well, while most of us are playing the waiting game (the waiting game sucks, let's play hungry, hungry hippos)

Why don't some of the lucky members here do some video demos of these beauties? There are far too few of them available. And it'd be great to see and hear these through various amps, effects, etc.

Please? :)

It seems like 'Tradetang' has lots of '2010 New Arrival free shipping Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute.' :P I don't think anyone could think their real though ha!

http://www.tradetang.com/for-sale/2010-New-Arrival-free-shipping-Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute-goodboy-good/113809-2050410.html

That site should be taken down!

G

Yes, He has the complete chinese fake-gibson collection.

I posted this on "Henry's Forum"

I ordered a 50s tribute Gold top from Musicians Friend on 6/15. They told me Gibson was shipping on 8/31.

Yesterday I find out that other Gibson dealers like Sam Ash has them.Sam Ash,they didn't even start taking preorders until the middle of July and they are the first to have these guitars for sale in store and online? I could have bought one but I didn't because I had already pre-ordered at MF. I call them and they assure me that yes,they are getting my guitar that day(8/31). I should have it within 48 hours.

I called them again today and they now say Gibson was shipping on 9/30.

9/30,really I do not know what to believe anymore. What is the point of pre-ordering ?

There is an old saying in Tennessee: Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again!

Can't go by when you ordered them, obviously. Mine was ordered in March,

according to my dealer...even before "I" knew about this model. Once I found

out, I reserved one, with my payment. It's still not here! They did get

a few '50's Tribute guitars, just not the "Gold Top's," Yet. They've told

me, with "Gibson," it could be any day, now...OR, not for months, yet. They

honestly don't know! My dealer is a good "Gibson Dealer," in the "Mom & Pop

store" sense. But, they don't compare, to Sam Ash, or Guitar Center/Musician's

Friend, in volume. They DO, however, beat them everytime, in service at and

after the sale, and price.

So, I'll wait...patiently, or otherwise. ;>)

CB

The numbers I posted was information straight from Gibson Customer Service. I encourage you to call them at the number I provided which is the same number provided from this site.

So I just took delivery today of my Honeyburst LP Studio 50s Tribute. I unbox it, take it out of the gigbag and give it a good looking over. Overall, not bad. Finish is good, but the plastics are really scratched up. Pickguard, pickups, control cavity covers - all look like someone took a wire brush to them. Those of you that have received yours, are they like that also? Just wondering if this is supposed to be Gibson's idea of relicing :)

Steve

I posted this on "Henry's Forum"

I ordered a 50s tribute Gold top from Musicians Friend on 6/15. They told me Gibson was shipping on 8/31.

Yesterday I find out that other Gibson dealers like Sam Ash has them.Sam Ash,they didn't even start taking preorders until the middle of July and they are the first to have these guitars for sale in store and online? I could have bought one but I didn't because I had already pre-ordered at MF. I call them and they assure me that yes,they are getting my guitar that day(8/31). I should have it within 48 hours.

I called them again today and they now say Gibson was shipping on 9/30.

9/30,really I do not know what to believe anymore. What is the point of pre-ordering ?

There is an old saying in Tennessee: Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again!

I was M.F. til 2 days ago. Was originally ordered 7-3. Kudos to T Bone, as without his knowledge and wisdom, I called Ash and ordered my Burst, which left Fla. yesterday, and will or should be in my grubby hands with a signature required on Friday.

All I know is this, I counteracted instead of being loyal to M.F., of which I usually had been in the past, but they would have NO TROUBLE at ALL saying, I'm sorry Mr.... Another words this rat jumped ship, and it was a cruise liner and not the Titanic!!! =;[lol][flapper]

So I just took delivery today of my Honeyburst LP Studio 50s Tribute. I unbox it, take it out of the gigbag and give it a good looking over. Overall, not bad. Finish is good, but the plastics are really scratched up. Pickguard, pickups, control cavity covers - all look like someone took a wire brush to them. Those of you that have received yours, are they like that also? Just wondering if this is supposed to be Gibson's idea of relicing :)

Steve

Check the gibson website (it says something about the pickguard being distressed, so probaby intentional):

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute/Details.aspx

SunDogAZ

Steve

Pics DAMMIT!! You know the rules bud! [flapper]

Check the gibson website (it says something about the pickguard being distressed, so probaby intentional):

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute/Details.aspx

SunDogAZ

That was a good eye there!! I never even noticed that!! How about the rest you guys p/g " distressed "?? Or hardware at all? [confused]

That was a good eye there!! I never even noticed that!! How about the rest you guys p/g " distressed "?? Or hardware at all? [confused]

Also, in the product features section:

"Available in Five Worn 50s-style Finishes"

I guess that would only apply to the "finish"?

SunDogAZ

Steve

Pre-flood Honeyburst, pickguard yes (not bad, but I noticed it), pickups yes (minor, didn't notice until now, no biggie here), control covers no (smoked one looks really cool without the treatment).

Post-flood Gold Top, pickguard yes (didn't notice until now, very minor), pickups yes (minor, again didn't notice until now, no big deal), control cover, yes, don't care for it. What's the point of making it smoked/see through and then scratching the hell out of it? I'll probably buff that out, the rest will be left as is.

ETA: Pics coming...

Archived