Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like most dealers who sell online also, they charge sales tax if you buy in their State or if they ship to a State they have a store in (GC does the same, fortunately for me, there is no Sam Ash in Michigan, so no tax on this one). They were going to charge me shipping from NYC, when I commented 'I thought Sam Ash shipped free"? I discovered that was Sam Ash Direct only. But the Salesman said he'd put it down to deal matching and no shipping fee (after all, locally they were dealing on some of these, the guy with the HB on MLPF got it well under $800 and they even threw in a half dozen sets of strings). I paid the price they had on the guitar (same as most, $849).

I don't know if's it all doom and gloom yet. Ash still hasn't sent a fed ex # or email confirming and I ordered yesterday??

As far as M.F I haven't a peep out of them either.... I as well have not paid sales tax or shipping if either one comes...

My bet, and hoping for Ash to finally confirm something?? I would feel safer having a tracking # so I can cancel other order which ever it will be??? [confused]

Would like to thank T Bone and Joe 823 for the good info. I called the number that was given for Frank and left him a couple of messages. I saw Joe823's post this morning and called the Sam Ash store in Richmond, VA before I heard back from Frank at Sam Ash Direct. They did have 1 gold top...should say had....will be shipped out to me today. It was just put up on their display wall when I called and spoke to James. Now it's being boxed up and should get to me in 2 or 3 days.

I didn't even think to negotiate a lower price or ask for free stuff. 2-day FedEx set me back $20 but I didn't have to pay VA sales tax because there isn't a Sam Ash store in Maryland so I made out ok.

Pretty much right after I closed the deal, Frank called me back. He seemed to think he might be able to help out in a week or so.

Thanks again to T Bone and Joe823 for putting me on the right path. I too was a victim of getting my order cancelled by MF/M123 and didn't hold out much hope for getting one but it looks like it's going to work out ok for me. Hope everyone who ordered one gets theirs soon. Will post pix when she arrives.

Rob

I spoke to a M123 CSR about an hour ago who told me that the computer was still showing they were to get a big shipment today but that "as of right now the warehouse hasn't inventoried anything in." She suggested calling back later today. Checking my order online I noticed the status now reads "processing" and the CSR told me that indicates that they've gotten some in the warehouse and are in the process of determining what they received and what goes where.

Fingers crossed. Tough to play that way though.

Grab your phone and dial Sam Ash Direct (1800-472-6274), cuz I JUST CANCELLED MY PREORDER FOR A HONEYBURST les paul studio tribute 50's! That means one more should be available! They have been telling me that the guitar should ship the 3rd week of September. So, if you can wait 3 more weeks, whoever gets it please be sure to post pics so I can cry over what I am missing out on! Good luck!

SunDogAZ

These guitars come with a gigbag so I was looking to get a hardshell case, the gibby's go for $199, I was browsing MF and found a couple, one is 50 http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musician's-Gear-Deluxe-LP-Hardshell-Case?sku=540949 and an ephi on sale for 79 http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Hardshell-Case?sku=517248 and a few more anyone have any thoughts about a HSC

278250.jpg

551455.jpg

562384.jpg

Guys, keep in mind, if they get them in the warehouse today (could be at any point in the day), they still have to log them in to the system after unloading. These things do take time (I know it's tough to be patient, and I must say I have it easy at the moment... look for another thread to be up momentarily). Fingers crossed for all of you here as well (since I'm done playing for a bit).

Would like to thank T Bone and Joe 823 for the good info. I called the number that was given for Frank and left him a couple of messages. I saw Joe823's post this morning and called the Sam Ash store in Richmond, VA before I heard back from Frank at Sam Ash Direct. They did have 1 gold top...should say had....will be shipped out to me today. It was just put up on their display wall when I called and spoke to James. Now it's being boxed up and should get to me in 2 or 3 days.

I didn't even think to negotiate a lower price or ask for free stuff. 2-day FedEx set me back $20 but I didn't have to pay VA sales tax because there isn't a Sam Ash store in Maryland so I made out ok.

Pretty much right after I closed the deal, Frank called me back. He seemed to think he might be able to help out in a week or so.

Thanks again to T Bone and Joe823 for putting me on the right path. I too was a victim of getting my order cancelled by MF/M123 and didn't hold out much hope for getting one but it looks like it's going to work out ok for me. Hope everyone who ordered one gets theirs soon. Will post pix when she arrives.

Rob

Did you guys get a fed ex tracking number or ANY email veracation or conformations from Ash yet, oy just told it's on the way?? :-k

Did you guys get a fed ex tracking number or ANY email veracation or conformations from Ash yet, oy just told it's on the way?? :-k

Scott, that's been their one failing. I've had to call back both times and ask for (and gotten) a tracking number. Call them back and ask, I'm pretty sure you'll get a number.

Scott, that's been their one failing. I've had to call back both times and ask for (and gotten) a tracking number. Call them back and ask, I'm pretty sure you'll get a number.

I've called them at 9:00 est. time all they say is it will be shipped. Yesterday, when ordered, Ash said I'd have tracking in morning cuz they sent out multiple loads a day and mine would be in the first shipment. They also said 2-3 hours it would be sent, so I waited till 1:45 and called told them I need to verify, or tracking, all they would say is not shipped yet...

I understand this is NOT a big issue foe some folks, but, I don't want to get slammed with 2 orders on my credit card.... Just a simple verification would allow me to cancel one of them..

I'm hearing M.F. might or has gotten them in,and would be shipped within 48 hours. Although I don't know if that's true or not. It's all in the timing. I'm sure there's others as well..

Sorry for all the ranting, folks I'm just worked up for some reason of getting no answers.. Sorry. I will now go back to my somewhat " normal " self.... ;) ;)

I'll call back later today. The sales guy was pretty sure he'd be able to get it out today. They did send me a copy of my receipt so I have that going for me. Just want to give them time to get it out the door.

Well, I got my 50s GT tribute today. First off a shout out to MF "FU#@ Y*^" for canceling my order and not informing us of your BS clock reset. Yes, Im sitll pissed off at that. Anyways, I went to my local Sam Ash this morning as it is 8/31 and found two gold top, both still in the box and one honeyburst that went on display. Thanks sam ash!!! :) excuse the hurried pics. Will take better ones later after work. I'm going to cancel my Guitar Center pre order after work for the gold top. Unless, one makes me an offer on it :)

p8310169.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2010-08-31

p8310166.jpg

I'll call back later today. The sales guy was pretty sure he'd be able to get it out today. They did send me a copy of my receipt so I have that going for me. Just want to give them time to get it out the door.

Got a tracking number. Estimated delivery is Thursday. Sam Ash...making things happen!

Rob

I recieved my HB today from a Sam Ash store in florida. I'm in Ohio. I canceled my CSB order from MF. The CSB was scheduled to be in today. So if anybody wants a CSB you should not have to wait long.

As for the HB tribute a recieved today. Played it for an hour or so. Very nice guitar for the $. Setup was well done and like the finish. Sounds great. Wonder why P-90 are not popular?

Got a tracking number. Estimated delivery is Thursday. Sam Ash...making things happen!

Rob

I just don't understand this whole thing. I ordered yesterday, supposed to be sent out today... After MANY calls, they pulled a col. Klink on me. They finally said oh, that was already sent out earlier.

Naturally, I ask for tracking #, as I don't trust them. Here's the kicker.... You all will love this one.. Ready?? O.K. the tracking # comes down to some guy in Fla. that signed for what ever it was... It weighed 33.5 pounds.. It gets better.

The date it was delivered was 9-19-09?? W.T.F.????? :---) :blink: [angry][confused][cursing] you name it it happened so I don't know nothing........

Well, I got my 50s GT tribute today. First off a shout out to MF "FU#@ Y*^" for canceling my order and not informing us of your BS clock reset. Yes, Im sitll pissed off at that. Anyways, I went to my local Sam Ash this morning as it is 8/31 and found two gold top, both still in the box and one honeyburst that went on display. Thanks sam ash!!! :) excuse the hurried pics. Will take better ones later after work. I'm going to cancel my Guitar Center pre order after work for the gold top. Unless, one makes me an offer on it :)

p8310169.jpg

p8310166.jpg

Beautiful, congrats! [thumbup]

I recieved my HB today from a Sam Ash store in florida. I'm in Ohio. I canceled my CSB order from MF. The CSB was scheduled to be in today. So if anybody wants a CSB you should not have to wait long.

As for the HB tribute a recieved today. Played it for an hour or so. Very nice guitar for the $. Setup was well done and like the finish. Sounds great. Wonder why P-90 are not popular?

Congrats, please put some pics up when you can! B)

I just don't understand this whole thing. I ordered yesterday, supposed to be sent out today... After MANY calls, they pulled a col. Klink on me. They finally said oh, that was already sent out earlier.

Naturally, I ask for tracking #, as I don't trust them. Here's the kicker.... You all will love this one.. Ready?? O.K. the tracking # comes down to some guy in Fla. that signed for what ever it was... It weighed 33.5 pounds.. It gets better.

The date it was delivered was 9-19-09?? W.T.F.????? :---) :blink: [angry][confused][cursing] you name it it happened so I don't know nothing........

:-k Man that sucks. I'd begin with either dealing with only the person who handled your sale or a manager (probably escalating to a manager pretty quickly if things didn't happen right real fast). But remember to still be polite (difficult sometimes). I've no ideas how you've handled it so far, but I can see they've mishandled it. Obviously the incorrect tracking number... yep, probably the manager, and ask them to please straighten it out right away. Fingers crossed for you.

Just when you think ya seen it all,nope, there's more. So I call them back up to verify tracking #'s and she says, get this, fed-ex is to blame.??

I copied the #'s right, that was verified. She puts me on hold, come to find out, it IS the right tracking #. She said to wait till after 8:00 P.M. E.S.T. for system to renew.

Well, 45 minutes and counting boys and girls... +:-@](*,)

Just when you think ya seen it all,nope, there's more. So I call them back up to verify tracking #'s and she says, get this, fed-ex is to blame.??

I copied the #'s right, that was verified. She puts me on hold, come to find out, it IS the right tracking #. She said to wait till after 8:00 P.M. E.S.T. for system to renew.

Well, 45 minutes and counting boys and girls... +:-@](*,)

Man...this is like a...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGRfDv7wLUc

Man...this is like a...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGRfDv7wLUc

Well, folks, I am the proud father of a Burst. Delivery is this Friday. =D> It turns out, that the tracking #'s were corrected just before 8:00 est.

I never knew or even thought about fed-ex tracking #'s, but, they recycle every year or so is what they told me.. :-k As far as M.F. goes, I was in the top 25 on list for a Burst. I talked to them to cancel order and he said he wasn't sure if the first shipment, that I was on it or not. They have to wait to check out.

If I wasn't on the list next shipment was something like Sept. 25 or something in that effect. So I canceled it with no worries.

That wasn't so hard, and painful, was it?? It looks like I'll receive before labor day.. ee haw!! :-({|=

Archived