Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

I called Gibson the other week and a CSR told me that every Gibson guitar is now put on the PLEK machine. I know on the details page it says that the nut is cut using the PLEK. I think he was implying that the frets are finished on it as well. Although I didn't see anything on the details page about the frets being done on the PLEK for this model, it specifically mentions it on other models details pages. any thoughts? If so, that is really badass

Yes that seems to be right, even Henry Juszkiewicz wrote this on his forum:

"All Gibson USA product is put through the Plek process including the low cost Melody Maker.

Henry" LINK

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh for F sake.

The flood was months ago. It was bad, yes.

But somebody somewhere does know what is shipping where, and when. They always have known.

I'd challenge someone (anyone, but I'm too lazy) to read this whole thread, and figure out how many of us are really rabid about this model, and have claimed orders.

I'll bet it's no more than a dozen or so, including those poor souls who've received an order cancellation.

One might believe that if the factory gave a good goddam, they'd step up and make an extra 10 or 15 and make their faithful whole.

Never mind - I've been banged hard for "doing it wrong" for posting about this in the past.

I give up.

Give me a break, man. For every one of us on this forum, there's probably a thousand other people in the world that placed orders.

Doesn't seem to matter what WE ordered, seems to matter what the dealers ordered - they are showing up at various shops, pre-orders or not. Hard to see GC et. al., Amazon etc. satisfying everyone when they are showing up in clusters in small Mom & Pops across the country.

Yes that seems to be right, even Henry Juszkiewicz wrote this on his forum:

"All Gibson USA product is put through the Plek process including the low cost Melody Maker.

Henry" LINK

Yeah, I seemed to remember hearing that all Gibby's were pleked now.. Is this since and or because the factory got a new plek machine..

I kinda curious myself. [confused]

Had the same problem with search results in this Forum. Blank page, unless it wass a multi page thread and I clicked on the page numbers. They're working on issues since the upgrade, but to make sure the right people are aware of the issue, you might want to PM one of the Mods from that area.

Too early to tell that for sure, we haven't seen enough of any of them. My Honeyburst has a fair bit of the worn edge treatment, but the one sold on eBay yesterday had substantially less from what I could tell. They may simply vary a lot, or they may have toned down the worn edges altogether. We'll know more in a few weeks when some of the Membership here and elsewhere get the guitars they've been waiting for.

Precisely. [thumbup]

I noticed today I checked Epi. boards and all works.

I guess I'll leave well enough alone.. Just a quirk maybe.. [woot]

I am repeating myself abit but us brits gotta stick together.

At the moment, the guy at the manchester devision of PMT MUSIC told me that there definitely getting one of every colour in their shop and I've got the Goldtop on hold (paid a 79 quid deposit). He said the 4-6 week wait he mentioned was wrong because he didn't realize the flood at Gibson was that bad. He also stated that I won't be able to get one anywhere else now and I shouldn't cancel my order. He couldn't give me a date or month it would ship, but would get in touch asap.

P.s I'm getting too excited about this guitar, but with all this non-playing time on my hands my mind is wandering to modding the guitar with a Bigsby, maybe a mini-humbucker in the bridge and some kind of varitone switch...

g

I just checked PMT-Manchester orders. DO NOT CANCEL THAT ORDER! That specific store has all finishes on order so I will assume your Goldtop order is valid. Be patient. The guitar will be made and shipped to Manchester soon.

I just checked PMT-Manchester orders. DO NOT CANCEL THAT ORDER! That specific store has all finishes on order so I will assume your Goldtop order is valid. Be patient. The guitar will be made and shipped to Manchester soon.

Gibson admin please read

could you tell me when andertons company in the UK will be receiving there shipment of the gt, i am 3rd in que and ordered on may the 20th and andertons are unable to tell me when they will receive them, so if you could please say when i could get mine, thanks alot!

Wow, cheers for doing that. I've just sent them an email saying I definitely still want the goldtop.

cheers

G

Gibson admin please read!

could you tell me when andertons company in the UK will be receiving there shipment of the gt, i am 3rd in que and ordered on may the 20th and andertons are unable to tell me when they will receive them, so if you could please say when i could get mine, thanks alot!

Honeyburst spotted at Sam Ash in Margate after another one sold yesterday (ask for Tony)

3-piece back, darker HB like the pictures in this thread, satin-like finish, sanding seemed to be narrow on the top in the usual place (which to me looks as much like an odd reflection as sanding), didn't plug it in, frets seemed nicely done, hi E seemed a little close to the edge (but I'm used to a Strat-type neck), not my color or pickup choice

Seems like some of these are sitting on dealers walls right now vs. going to the pre-orders....That's disappointing. I guess the dealers figure they could will wait for the next batch or the next batch to service the pre-orders. The pre-orders sales are already in the books....

Honeyburst spotted at Sam Ash in Margate after another one sold yesterday (ask for Tony)

3-piece back, darker HB like the pictures in this thread, satin-like finish, sanding seemed to be narrow on the top in the usual place (which to me looks as much like an odd reflection as sanding), didn't plug it in, frets seemed nicely done, hi E seemed a little close to the edge (but I'm used to a Strat-type neck), not my color or pickup choice

Seems like some of these are sitting on dealers walls right now vs. going to the pre-orders....That's disappointing. I guess the dealers figure they could will wait for the next batch or the next batch to service the pre-orders. The pre-orders sales are already in the books....

Can't say as I know what Sam Ash had in pre-orders, but it seems the Gold Tops are by far the ones that people are clamoring for. Some of the others will almost certainly go on dealers walls. Maybe no one has Honeyburst on pre-order with Sam Ash? If someone does, myself and Member jackbrowning probably shouldn't have been able to buy ours from Sam Ash's dealer stock/warehouse a bit over a month ago, though admittedly, their Sales folks weren't completely aware they had them...

A guy on the Fender Forum who ordered a Goldtop from Amazon on May 15th just got this email from Amazon:

"Hello from Amazon.com.

Due to a lack of availability from our suppliers, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute, Worn Gold Top"

We've cancelled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. We must also apologize for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain these item(s) for you.

Please visit the product detail pages above to see if these items are available from other sellers.

If you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation may affect your order's eligibility for that offer. If this is the case, please contact customer service:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

If we determine that you should still receive the offer, we'll reimburse you for the value of the promotional discount. (This will not apply if all items in the order were cancelled.)

Your order is now closed."

As I recall, you ordered a GT from amazon. Did they cancel you as well?

I was pretty upset when MF canceled my order. Good thing I pre ordered another goldtop from my local GC back in June and, paid in full. Keeping my finger crossed on the 8/31 ship date.

Bought the one at Margate. Hopefully, they will ship it today. Thanks for the tip!!! Still have a CSB on order from MF. The CSB will be for sale if it ever arrives. Maybe :rolleyes:

Congrats, another HB from Sam Ash in this thread (that makes three, counting the one bought by jackbrowning, who tipped me off to one still being available, which I bought). Please post pics when it gets in, and enjoy! Was really enjoying those P90's yesterday, cranked with the little Champion 600 all the way up on the high gain channel, no effects, it's a screamer on 12!

Was really enjoying those P90's yesterday, cranked with the little Champion 600 all the way up on the high gain channel, no effects, it's a screamer on 12!

Talk about coincidence. I have a black studio 50s (pre-flood), and I've been using the same amp, all the way cranked with this guitar. They're a really good match. I had pretty much stopped using that amp before this guitar came through.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what people think of these guitars as they trickle out of production. I never liked Studios prior to this guitar. They always felt substandard and poor without fretwork/setup. I've had mine for a couple months now and I can say that the quality and feel of this guitar is quite high. I've practically stopped playing my standard altogether.

Congrats, another HB from Sam Ash in this thread (that makes three, counting the one bought by jackbrowning, who tipped me off to one still being available, which I bought). Please post pics when it gets in, and enjoy! Was really enjoying those P90's yesterday, cranked with the little Champion 600 all the way up on the high gain channel, no effects, it's a screamer on 12!

Thanks!! And thanks to the group for the tip on where to find one. Can wait to play it!!

Talk about coincidence. I have a black studio 50s (pre-flood), and I've been using the same amp, all the way cranked with this guitar. They're a really good match. I had pretty much stopped using that amp before this guitar came through.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what people think of these guitars as they trickle out of production. I never liked Studios prior to this guitar. They always felt substandard and poor without fretwork/setup. I've had mine for a couple months now and I can say that the quality and feel of this guitar is quite high. I've practically stopped playing my standard altogether.

Interesting, maybe it's just an amp that works best with single coils? I like it with my Strats, didn't care for the performance with the Classic Antique if I recall correctly (may have to try again to be sure).

I admit, I wanted a Honey. But the time I found out about these tributes, it was 7-3. The only thing that personally gave me hope, ( it might be wishful thinking now ), was M.F. said they had some Cherry Burst still. I thought, I like them as well, not favorite, but, none the less I like them.

As of 3 days ago, M.F. said they still had 2 or 3 can't remember, for preorder. The C.S.R. told me no worries, that they were getting one of the biggest batch of tributes, more than just about anyone. They also said, Gibson would NOT let them preorder more than they will receive. They will be getting in 96 of colors, so I was told....

Could be blowing smoke though... <_< +:-@

Huh? What does that mean?

From what I got from the C.S.R. was, 96 of each color was going to be sent to M.F.

Take it how you wish too, but that was what they told me. Getting in still as of now is still 8-31, at least for now or until they tell us otherwise. They are supposed to be shipped from Gibby, to M.F. warehouse then checked in, then sent to customers.

They said all are suppose to come at same time.. I'll believe it when I see a shipment order or tracking #...

Again, take it with a grain of salt, that's just C.S.R. telling me that, so.... +:-@

THE GOLD TOPS ARE COMING, THE GOLD TOPS ARE COMING! Okay, now that I've got your attention, read this entire post (you'll see why).

I just spoke to my GC contact. They are getting 38 (all sold) Gold Tops, scheduled for (TaDa!) delivery to their warehouse on (you guessed it!) 8/31. They are expecting them the very day Gibson originally told them (Way to go Gibson! [thumbup] ). Mine will ship out the same day (so I am told) and should be in within that week (expecting on Friday).

Now, I've been in touch with the Salesman at Sam Ash (Direct). The guy who sold me the pre-flood Honeyburst 50's Tribute. He says that they were very meticulous about not over selling the pre-orders (unlike somewhere else...). Therefore, as guys who get fed up and cancel their orders cancel (they have canceled no-one themselves according to him), he is "fairly confident" he can get a Gold Top. One or two. He said to have the guys mention me (I don't know why, other than he'll know I did what I said I'd do and post it here).

Not sure about giving the whole number, probably a bad idea. But his name is Frank, at extension 2253. Use your computer, you can easily find the number for Sam Ash Direct. And yeah, tell him T Bone sent ya' [laugh] . I hope this works out well for someone here!!

THE GOLD TOPS ARE COMING, THE GOLD TOPS ARE COMING! Okay, now that I've got your attention, read this entire post (you'll see why).

I just spoke to my GC contact. They are getting 38 (all sold) Gold Tops, scheduled for (TaDa!) delivery to their warehouse on (you guessed it!) 8/31. They are expecting them the very day Gibson originally told them (Way to go Gibson! [thumbup] ). Mine will ship out the same day (so I am told) and should be in within that week (expecting on Friday).

Now, I've been in touch with the Salesman at Sam Ash (Direct). The guy who sold me the pre-flood Honeyburst 50's Tribute. He says that they were very meticulous about not over selling the pre-orders (unlike somewhere else...). Therefore, as guys who get fed up and cancel their orders cancel (they have canceled no-one themselves according to him), he is "fairly confident" he can get a Gold Top. One or two. He said to have the guys mention me (I don't know why, other than he'll know I did what I said I'd do and post it here).

Not sure about giving the whole number, probably a bad idea. But his name is Frank, at extension 2253. Use your computer, you can easily find the number for Sam Ash Direct. And yeah, tell him T Bone sent ya' [laugh] . I hope this works out well for someone here!!

Great news T Bone. Congrats to you. I would call them and order one from them prob. a Honey, if I knew for sure I'd get. I wouldn't wanna lose my space in line so to speak....

I'm glad you are getting one!! [thumbup] [thumbup]

Maybe I should have worded that a bit differently. Frank said he is fairly confident he CAN get one or two (Gold Tops), not that he will be able to (in other words, not to get your hopes up, but it sounds like he knows of an order or two that were customer canceled for whatever reason). Worth a call to whoever really wants one I'd think. Windows of opportunity often don't stay open for long [wink] . Which reminds me of another story. That I'm holding back until Monday or Tuesday. At least. :lol:

Archived