Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep,$1060. But it comes with a Gator case.

Makes me wonder.. with case as well? HUMMMMM! Wait till when people that want one don't, should've tried to sell it then my opinion, but with hard case + a guarantee to have one

You never know, maybe i'll be mad at myself later.. By the way, did u order one from where and what color..

I wished they came with a hard case, but, still good price.

New guy here adding my 2 cents; I called Guitar Center to reset the FTC clock the other day and I was told that my piece should be here on the date that they've been promising (8/31) since I ordered (6/14). I'd also like to add that I'm glad that it doesn't come with a HSC. It seems like those that do cost at least an extra $200 for this amenity. I'm planning on keeping mine in my beaten up Epiphone case during travel. It'll be its disguise. And while I'm here, can anyone tell me the significance of the "orange drop" capacitors? How do these store electricity any differently from other capacitors?

. And while I'm here, can anyone tell me the significance of the "orange drop" capacitors? How do these store electricity any differently from other capacitors?

There can't possibly be any different (sonically) from any other type of capacitor. I suppose you could break out your O-scope and measure differences around 100khz, but if anyone can hear that, well, then they should be buying those $400 power cables, too.

But remember - (OK, I'll admit it) most of us ordered these guitars sight-unseen because of how they look.

There can't possibly be any different (sonically) from any other type of capacitor. I suppose you could break out your O-scope and measure differences around 100khz, but if anyone can hear that, well, then they should be buying those $400 power cables, too.

But remember - (OK, I'll admit it) most of us ordered these guitars sight-unseen because of how they look.

And NOT by how they play... Are we nuts?? At least I for one am nuts, but been called worth.

New guy here adding my 2 cents; I called Guitar Center to reset the FTC clock the other day and I was told that my piece should be here on the date that they've been promising (8/31) since I ordered (6/14). I'd also like to add that I'm glad that it doesn't come with a HSC. It seems like those that do cost at least an extra $200 for this amenity. I'm planning on keeping mine in my beaten up Epiphone case during travel. It'll be its disguise. And while I'm here, can anyone tell me the significance of the "orange drop" capacitors? How do these store electricity any differently from other capacitors?

Same here (on time still predicted, though it is more "8/31 ish" as far as my CG is concerned). What part of the country are you in? BTW, mine was also confirmed on the same date as yours, but was ordered a day earlier. Now that we're getting close, I'm really chomping at the bit!

Got an earlier, blemished Gibson case on eBay for $110 delivered, my Honeyburst is resting there now. I may try the tweed aftermarket case for a few bucks less for the Gold Top if (no, WHEN! B) ) it gets here.

Same here (on time still predicted, though it is more "8/31 ish" as far as my CG is concerned). What part of the country are you in? BTW, mine was also confirmed on the same date as yours, but was ordered a day earlier. Now that we're getting close, I'm really chomping at the bit!

Got an earlier, blemished Gibson case on eBay for $110 delivered, my Honeyburst is resting there now. I may try the tweed aftermarket case for a few bucks less for the Gold Top if (no, WHEN! B) ) it gets here.

You guys are a ways in front of me. My C.B. was ordered on 7-3 from M.F. I am supposed to be in the top 25 of getting them which they still say 8-31..

I wonder what they will say when 9-1 comes??

Any of you guys out here actually see a 50's C.B. and can you compare the woodgrain and looks with something like my Epi. Les Paul korean?? Any similarities as in the grain. I know sound will be way better, and another question, do the Epis. have holes or chambers or either??

What part of the country are you in? BTW, mine was also confirmed on the same date as yours, but was ordered a day earlier. Now that we're getting close, I'm really chomping at the bit!

Boston, MA. I'm just relieved that my order didn't get cancelled, aside from that I'm drained. I didn't even ask the guy when it would show up, he offered the info. I was trying to forget about it until I got the email. My first Gibson has been impossible to put out of my mind though.

What part of the country are you in? BTW, mine was also confirmed on the same date as yours, but was ordered a day earlier. Now that we're getting close, I'm really chomping at the bit!

Boston, MA. I'm just relieved that my order didn't get cancelled, aside from that I'm drained. I didn't even ask the guy when it would show up, he offered the info. I was trying to forget about it until I got the email. My first Gibson has been impossible to put out of my mind though.

Was trying to too (this thread hasn't helped there LOL). But now that we're less than 2 weeks away from the initial target date, I'm getting excited, and barring some dramatic event in my life, there will be no forgetting it for awhile!

"sight unseen because of how they look".....that's an oxymoron I think.

Was trying to too (this thread hasn't helped there LOL). But now that we're less than 2 weeks away from the initial target date, I'm getting excited, and barring some dramatic event in my life, there will be no forgetting it for awhile!

I have alot of jealous friends. I can't wait to gloat.

Whatever.

I haven't seen the one I'll end up with.

But you have a very good idea of what it will look like, as do I with mine. I'm sure they will sound and feel just fine and we will all be happy consumers, until we find the next one that we need...

Right. You saw one in the picture, so you ordered one. Not sight unseen, more like sight unplayed.

Ya, but to see it in pics. is like looking at a corvette and not test driving it!!

And besides, who knows what name to give a new born so to speak. You just look at it and then whamo!! it's name is.....

Ya, but to see it in pics. is like looking at a corvette and not test driving it!!

And besides, who knows what name to give a new born so to speak. You just look at it and then whamo!! it's name is.....

Right. Still not sight unseen though. I've never been one to name my gear, that's odd to me.

Right. Still not sight unseen though. I've never been one to name my gear, that's odd to me.

I'll bet you over 75% of us out here name at least 1 of their guitars something... Heck even J. Page names his, and one of its name is # 2.. Go figure, that seems weird, but a pro. has so many...maybe his second favorite?? Just a guess.

Archived