Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

I says fragile..

Seriously though' date=' You have a better chance than me, I believe,cuz the date you ordered yours..

I would have been WAY to late in line by July 3...[/quote']

I keep my fingers crossed for all of us. After all the tears we have cried here in the forum, we really deserve to get them (and another one for free:))...My only worry is that Gibson will prefer it's home market over Europe...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really can't believe all the whine in this thread...does anybody need any cheese with that whine?[/quote

well sam ash called me back and apologized for the canceled gold top. and offered me "the last" BOZO BURST heritage cherry. i took the order and even though i think it's hideous' date= it's not as bad as the white, and as a last resort a luthier friend of mine said he'll help me refinish it in gold nitrocellulose from re-ranch for 100 bucks.

so i guess i should be happy to get one.[biggrin]

I really can't believe all the whine in this thread...does anybody need any cheese with that whine?

Sure, what kind do you have... I might as well drink while waiting, gonna be a while till we hear ANYTHING!! Good or bad.

That's all I would like to know 1 way or the OTHER.... I don't think that's unreasonable?? Does any body else think that's unreasonable? Yes or no..

Some Gouda would be nice. Or maybe a good Brie? [lol]

Love the look of the other Honeyburst (where was that from? Can't seem to decode the acronym' date=' I'm sure it's a Forum....).

Just to keep us on topic, I reset the FTC clock on my GT a few days back and am still hopeful it will be delivered from GC. And since there are now two other Honeybursts in this thread (pages 5 & above on 29), here's a pic of my pre flood guitar (more pics in my thread on it here). Very cool guitar.

orig.jpg

hey Tbone, could you please let me know if the finish is as fragile as it seems.

If you scratch the top with you nail, the finish won't come off, won't it?

i've seen a black one on ebay that was already scratched...

hey Tbone' date=' could you please let me know if the finish is as fragile as it seems.

If you scratch the top with you nail, the finish won't come off, won't it?

i've seen a black one on ebay that was already scratched...[/quote']

That sure is a pretty guitar! I just love the wood grain that it is so obvious!!

I reset mt TFC as well. For me it was a toss up between C.B or Honey, but I sorta like the red in it, as long as it isn't to red.

Scott

Sure' date=' what kind do you have... I might as well drink while waiting, gonna be a while till we hear ANYTHING!! Good or bad.

That's all I would like to know 1 way or the OTHER.... I don't think that's unreasonable?? Does any body else think that's unreasonable? Yes or no.. [/quote']

None, I'm on the list...same boat as most people.

And yeah, the retailers should know how many they're getting. It's ridiculous to let people know what's going on this late.

None' date=' I'm on the list...same boat as most people.

And yeah, the retailers should know how many they're getting. It's ridi****us to let people know what's going on this late.

[/quote']

Funny thing is, ( Well not funny ), I'm sure Gibson knows how manty are going to be made.

But, that said, companies like M.F. G.C. ect... have probably taken more orders in then they should of, thus, Gibson can't help in these types of questions.

Hey everyone. I don't think this has been covered, apologies if it has, but has anyone seen the 50's Tribute GT on ebay that is for sale? Bidding starts at $2500, BIN price is $2800.

This was going to be my first venture into owning a Gibson, I saw it as a great buy. A GoldTop, which I have wanted for a long time, under $1000 CDN. Just about everything I could want and a great price. I'll be fine if it doesn't come in. Like a previous poster said, it's not like we don't have a guitar to play anyway lol. If it doesn't come in, there is always something that will come along later. A LP studio in wine red, chrome hardware and cream coloured plastics would be nice :-

I just wanted to comment on that ebay listing. I don't know about you guys, but if, and I do mean IF, I had $2500 to drop into a new guitar, I might consider a Gibson LP Traditional or even a Standard in the GT colour.

BGR

Ya know, I just noticed.. If you go to the Gibson website, you can see the Tributes, and it says, but it in upper right corner??

W.T.F.??? I just don't get it. Am I missing something here? I can't be the only one who noticed this? From their OWN website yet? I can understand M.F. or G C. doing something like that, but, Gibsons' own site?? Isn't that illegal or lawsuit fraud or something?? I guess maybe I'm over anilyzing this whole thing too much.

Ya know' date=' I just noticed.. If you go to the Gibson website, you can see the Tributes, and it says, but it in upper right corner??

W.T.F.??? I just don't get it. Am I missing something here? I can't be the only one who noticed this? From their OWN website yet? I can understand M.F. or G C. doing something like that, but, Gibsons' own site?? Isn't that illegal or lawsuit fraud or something?? I guess maybe I'm over anilyzing this whole thing too much.[/quote']

what is on the site?

Ah yes, I noticed the BUY IT button also. I suspect it is part of a standard layout for the pages on the Gibson site and they change some of the details and pictures and all depending on the guitars. My guess is it was just an something that was overlooked.

Hey everyone. I don't think this has been covered' date=' apologies if it has, but has anyone seen the 50's Tribute GT on ebay that is for sale? Bidding starts at $2500, BIN price is $2800.

This was going to be my first venture into owning a Gibson, I saw it as a great buy. A GoldTop, which I have wanted for a long time, under $1000 CDN. Just about everything I could want and a great price. I'll be fine if it doesn't come in. Like a previous poster said, it's not like we don't have a guitar to play anyway lol. If it doesn't come in, there is always something that will come along later. A LP studio in wine red, chrome hardware and cream coloured plastics would be nice [cool

I just wanted to comment on that ebay listing. I don't know about you guys, but if, and I do mean IF, I had $2500 to drop into a new guitar, I might consider a Gibson LP Traditional or even a Standard in the GT colour.

BGR

$2800 ??!! WTF?

Rare? Only 100 made ?

Who is this bonehead? And: Who will be the idiot who'll fork out the cash?

Let us watch this item and have a good laugh.

Ooops, my mistake, The Buy It Now price is listed as $2900. You have to be on ebay.com as it only ships to the US, and get this, buyer pays shipping. Isn't it hard to say how rare these are given that most of the production run hasn't been built yet? At this point i could envision one of the preflood GTs going for $1000 to $1100.

I'm watching the GT on the bay to see what or if it sells for.

On another note, I would happily paid shipping on that black tribute for it's selling price of $600. Not my first choice of colours, but hey, a really nice guitar for that price.

BGR

Ooops' date=' my mistake, The Buy It Now price is listed as $2900. You have to be on ebay.com as it only ships to the US, and get this, buyer pays shipping. Isn't it hard to say how rare these are given that most of the production run hasn't been built yet? At this point i could envision one of the preflood GTs going for $1000 to $1100.

I'm watching the GT on the bay to see what or if it sells for.

On another note, I would happily paid shipping on that black tribute for it's selling price of $600. Not my first choice of colours, but hey, a really nice guitar for that price.

BGR

[/quote']

What's the item #?

Ah yes' date=' I noticed the BUY IT button also. I suspect it is part of a standard layout for the pages on the Gibson site and they change some of the details and pictures and all depending on the guitars. My guess is it was just an something that was overlooked. [/quote']

Whats wrong with that?If you click the button it just takes you to the a page were you can find the Gibson dealers in your area that you can order the guitar from.

Archived