Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

Two weeks ago, Gibson USA started shipping guitars again after a 90-day period of rebuild and recovery from the flood that hit Nashville in early May. Our factory is in operation, thanks to the hard efforts of our dedicated employees. Because we were not able to build and guitars during the past 3 months, we have a lot of orders that we need to catch up on. With this very big backlog of orders, I cannot say exactly when a particular dealer's order is going to ship - we simply have a lot of catching up to do. I can tell you that the Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute is in production now and will remain so for several more weeks, until we catch up on all the orders for that model.

We greatly appreciate the loyalty and support of our many fans during our recovery. We are working hard to get our guitars to you as quickly as possible.

Thanks -

From Henry's forum.

For those asking about U.S. price, mine was marked $799.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sweet to hear the guitars in production! and for the US prices they are so much cheaper than the UKs, just shows that the UK robs from its own people, VAT is a joke! Its $799 in the US and £799 in the UK thats £300/$467 more in the UK- but this 50s tribute still worth its money haha!

Cool,but that video has been up since May. I'd love to see a "post flood 50s trib" video.

It might be older, but it's great to see the sibling to my own pre-flood Honeyburst (Linda Lu) in a video. Post flood guitars are coming very soon, I am certain of it.

In fact I (so far...) still have hopes that my CG order (still not canceled) will be filled near the initial target date of 8/31/10. Hey, a guy's gotta have a dream. B)

It might be older, but it's great to see the sibling to my own pre-flood Honeyburst (Linda Lu) in a video. Post flood guitars are coming very soon, I am certain of it.

In fact I (so far...) still have hopes that my CG order (still not canceled) will be filled near the initial target date of 8/31/10. Hey, a guy's gotta have a dream. B)

I hope your high hopes come answered. I'm also hearing the 31 of August from M.F. They said I was in the top 25 of getting on... Time will tell.

Linda Lu? Nice name, any reason? Kinda early without actually seeing it to name it. Who knows, it might look like a Melinda Lu!!

I hope your high hopes come answered. I'm also hearing the 31 of August from M.F. They said I was in the top 25 of getting on... Time will tell.

Linda Lu? Nice name, any reason? Kinda early without actually seeing it to name it. Who knows, it might look like a Melinda Lu!!

Thanks. And Linda Lu isn't sight unseen (or unplayed), she's my Pre Flood Honeyburst 50's Tribute, picked up from Sam Ash as a result of posts earlier in this thread.

Here's the thread I wrote on her arrival (complete with pics) that also explains the name. B)

I called MF a couple of days ago and the CSR I spoke to said that they were getting enough guitars to cover all the backorders. It's gonna be like Opra "You get a guitar! You get a guitar! Everybody gets a guitar!"

I looked into one of these.

I am still seriously considering one.

The one sticking point is body chambers, I know it's a weight thing and supposedly brightens tone.

I would pay a little more for the option of a solid slab.

maybe I am just a picky old b@5t@rd.

My 2cents.

Just try one when they come to Guitar Center,maybe you will like it. Fyi: I read this on another forum

"Guitar Center is receiving a bunch of these guitars. This is not GC.com but the local shops, which is a different allocation of guitars. They are receiving 150 GT's of which it seems only 40+ have already been sold, so there are a bunch available. The ETA is still not set, but they are first going to the Distribution Center and then shipped to shops nationwide from there."

I called MF a couple of days ago and the CSR I spoke to said that they were getting enough guitars to cover all the backorders. It's gonna be like Opra "You get a guitar! You get a guitar! Everybody gets a guitar!"

That answer my friend, will be answered in the near or distant future... I ordered mine there 7-3, will see and believe it if and when it happens..

The scary part when I called was when car said, " we don't order what Gibson won't send us "....Another words if they don't get them all or us, they'll play the blame game throw the ball back to Gibson..

That answer my friend, will be answered in the near or distant future... I ordered mine there 7-3, will see and believe it if and when it happens..

The scary part when I called was when car said, " we don't order what Gibson won't send us "....Another words if they don't get them all or us, they'll play the blame game throw the ball back to Gibson..

Which color did you order?

Which color did you order?

I ordered the cherry burst.. I figured by the time I seen these guitars go up for pre-order, it was too late for g.t.or honey... Another words, I think I took the " safe " route, banking on others fighting for them, while I sit back and watch. I hope it works.

What and when did u order??

I looked into one of these.

I am still seriously considering one.

The one sticking point is body chambers, I know it's a weight thing and supposedly brightens tone.

I would pay a little more for the option of a solid slab.

maybe I am just a picky old b@5t@rd.

My 2cents.

Well, the 56 V.O.S is solid

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/1956-Les-Paul-Goldtop-VOS/Features.aspx

...but it is a custom shop model, so if it sound better, then it could also be due to higher wood quality or other features. Not sure if that makes that much of a difference to pay so much more money. I don't care about the holes as long as I don't see them and the sound is good. If I COULD compare, maybe I would like the sound of a weight-relieved even better, who knows? Recently I tend to lighter guitars, not because of shoulder problems, but rather for sound. I have a guitar here (no Les Paul or even Gibson) that has a 25 year old one-piece mahagony body that is kind of heavy, and I keep thinking, that this thing somehow does not swing, hard to describe but somehow dead. The sound is round, but maybe not enough overtones. Right now, I prefer a cheap strat copy with a light plywood(!) body, but good pickups (Fender TexMex) over the mahagony thing any day. But maybe thats just me.

I ordered the cherry burst.. I figured by the time I seen these guitars go up for pre-order, it was too late for g.t.or honey... Another words, I think I took the " safe " route, banking on others fighting for them, while I sit back and watch. I hope it works.

What and when did u order??

Sounds like a good bet.Here is a picture of a "Heritage Cherry Sunburst" Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute that is on Ebay.

Honeyburst.jpg

I ordered a Goldtop from MF on June 15th. They tell me I will get it but we will see.

Sounds like a good bet.Here is a picture of a "Heritage Cherry Sunburst" Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute that is on Ebay.

Honeyburst.jpg

I ordered a Goldtop from MF on June 15th. They tell me I will get it but we will see.

Ya really can't tell by a pic. but, I hope it's not TOO red though.. The one in pic. is about right, maybe a little less red, but I'm sure there all different. I just don't want a redheaded stepchild, so to speak, for mine.. ( no offenses if there is a red headed step child out there..... )........

Well, the 56 V.O.S is solid

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/1956-Les-Paul-Goldtop-VOS/Features.aspx

...but it is a custom shop model, so if it sound better, then it could also be due to higher wood quality or other features. Not sure if that makes that much of a difference to pay so much more money. I don't care about the holes as long as I don't see them and the sound is good. If I COULD compare, maybe I would like the sound of a weight-relieved even better, who knows? Recently I tend to lighter guitars, not because of shoulder problems, but rather for sound. I have a guitar here (no Les Paul or even Gibson) that has a 25 year old one-piece mahagony body that is kind of heavy, and I keep thinking, that this thing somehow does not swing, hard to describe but somehow dead. The sound is round, but maybe not enough overtones. Right now, I prefer a cheap strat copy with a light plywood(!) body, but good pickups (Fender TexMex) over the mahagony thing any day. But maybe thats just me.

Yeah The VOS is SUPER pricey, way outta my budget.

I love my junior size, weight and sound.

Thank goodness the have gone back into production.

it's a toss between that and the 50's tribute.

Ya really can't tell by a pic. but, I hope it's not TOO red though.. The one in pic. is about right, maybe a little less red, but I'm sure there all different. I just don't want a redheaded stepchild, so to speak, for mine.. ( no offenses if there is a red headed step child out there..... )........

The Heritage Cherryburst on Ebay is up to $1060 with 8 hours left!

Archived