Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those asking about US prices, typically running $849 here. Of course there's the cost of importation (aren't other Gibson Guitars similarly higher priced there as well?), and let's not forget that exorbitant VAT in the U.K. (what is it, 17% or something?).

As for the black model, not sure if anyone has yet bought the one hanging on the wall at Motor City Guitars in Waterford, MI. It was first mentioned on page 5. But after my Honeyburst arrived from Sam Ash a few weeks back, I called MC and it was still there on the wall. $825 was the price there IIRC. Just sayin'...

I noticed on the MF and GC webpages they don't have a shipment date listed anymore for the Studio 50s tribute.It used to say "expected 8/31"

Also noticed that ZZOUNDS and Same Day Music both say "This product is no longer available"

http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBLPST50

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--GIBLPST50

What will this mean??Re they still going to recievce there shipments??[biggrin]

I paid 800 EUR for the first and 750 for the second I ordered, so 1000 $ isn't that high a price, if there wasn't a substantial fee for getting it overseas. Just starting with 2800 is ridicolous.

If I really get the 2 guitars I ordered, I will probably sell one again and maybe it will go on ebay, I just ordered two for getting at least one. I the model isn't for me, then maybe I sell both. I find it a bit sad to keep these rare guitars away from people who would actually like to play it but couldn't get one and instead keep it sitting here in a gigbag. Also the idea of sanding down a brandnew guitar and do a DIY paintjob seems strange to me or thinking about swapping the pick-ups for Mini-humbuckers before you even played it with p-90s. This is a limited edition guitar, I would keep it original or go for another model.

To me this model just came right, 2 P-90's in a Les Paul, not just a single one as in the Juniors, not the more expensive (-)yellow(--) Robot(---) LP special without maple top and one third of the price of a V.O.S. 56. The only real alternative with p-90 from Gibson is a worn brown model, and compared to that, a gold top finish is so much nicer for less money!! Downside is having to wait for it. My dealers never gave a date for the gits to arrive. I just hope to get one at all, even if it takes until Christmas. And if nothing shows up, I just go on playing the old strat copy i found in the basement of a friend and forget all the gibson hype

:-=

I keep wanting to call Sweetwater and see if everything's ok' date=' everything's still on some sort of schedule... But I don't want to be a pita...[/quote']

Well,you should call them and make sure they don't cancel your order because of the "FTC clock".

Just posted on another forum:

"Amazon just had me update my May 19th order for the goldtop .It would have been canceled Sep. 10th if I didn't ."

And this was just posted on The Les Paul Forum:

"Just got this email from MF:

'We are sorry but the item(s) you ordered remain out of stock. Additional merchandise is on order with our vendor and we expect to ship within 30 days.

If you are willing to wait, please confirm by calling 800-776-5173. Unless we hear from you within 14 days, we'll assume you cannot wait and your order will be cancelled.' "

I keep wanting to call Sweetwater and see if everything's ok' date=' everything's still on some sort of schedule... But I don't want to be a pita...[/quote']

Those Sweetwater guys will stalk you for days after you buy something... just sayin'

It's your money they want - call them every two hours if you feel like it.

Those Sweetwater guys will stalk you for days after you buy something... just sayin'

It's your money they want - call them every two hours if you feel like it.

Called, still locked in. No actual eta, close to the end of September is the most likely time. It's mid-August already, I'm not going anywhere that I know of.

Here's my latest info. I just talked to M.F. A manger this time finally. My C.B. was ordered in the first set of 3 orders placed by them.

They say, they ordered a total of 96 Cherry Bursts. First allotment is, for 30. Due in 8-31. She claims that she had to get somebody higher up the chain who happened to be there when I called, which by the sounds of it, not many people have access to that info. According to her, she told me, but said she wasn't suppose to, where in line I fit into the equation. Apparently, I will get one, but only time will tell for sure....

Take out of it what you wish.. It was just what I was told.

33 pages' date=' of rants, misinformation, and speculation! Amazing! LOL!

When we have them, in our hands, we'll know for sure...no sooner. ;>)

CB[/quote']

By the way, I've never let you know, but I too am a huge fan of Macca.

peace man!

Just because all you guys have all the toys you want, you don't have to rain on other peoples parade.

I for one don't have the 3-5 k to throw down like many of you, so when a less expensive one comes along , I'm hoeping to finally acquire a Gibson. I have several Epi's., but no true Gibson..... Maybe you guys are jealous? Not sure, but, I for one am looking forward to getting a Gibson!!

33 pages' date=' of rants, misinformation, and speculation! Amazing! LOL!

When we have them, in our hands, we'll know for sure...no sooner. ;>)

CB[/quote']

I do agree CB.

Everybody is going nuts!

"Good things come to those who wait" (Chinese proverb)

I'll play my Firebird V, the good old ES335 and my Rickenbacker 360/12 meanwhile.

They should do for the moment.

You can blame it all on Washington,says a poster on the Les Paul Forum:

"GC blames the Feds in the email I got -

Unless we hear from you within 14 days, we'll assume you cannot wait and your order will be cancelled. Federal regulations will not allow us to hold your order any longer without your express written consent."

Just because all you guys have all the toys you want' date=' you don't have to rain on other peoples parade.

I for one don't have the 3-5 k to throw down like many of you, so when a less expensive one comes along , I'm hoeping to finally acquire a Gibson. I have several Epi's., but no true Gibson..... Maybe you guys are jealous? Not sure, but, I for one am looking forward to getting a Gibson!![/quote']

It's cool, sparky...I'm/we're not raining on anyone's parade. It's just amusing (to me, anyway) that

this has gone on, for so long....with so little additional information, from Gibson, or any other

"reliable?" source. I really DO want the Gold Top version, that I have paid paid for, and am assured

of getting. But, I know too, from past experience with Gibson...they'll ship when they ship, no matter

what we want or demand. Plus...all this "excitement," has done exactly what they wanted...sold out

the entire run...before they're even built! They might be frustrating (to us), but they "ain't dumb!" LOL

Anyway...I'll be totally "Stoked," to get my GT..."whenever!" That day, will indeed, be a HNGD! ;>)

Cheers,

CB

It's cool' date=' sparky...I'm/we're not raining on anyone's parade. It's just amusing (to me, anyway) that

this has gone on, for so long....with so little additional information, from Gibson, or any other

"reliable?" source. I really DO want the Gold Top version, that I have paid paid for, and am assured

of getting. But, I know too, from past experience with Gibson...they'll ship when they ship, no matter

what we want or demand. Plus...all this "excitement," has done exactly what they wanted...sold out

the entire run...before they're even built! They might be frustrating (to us), but they "ain't dumb!" LOL

Anyway...I'll be totally "Stoked," to get my GT..."whenever!" That day, will indeed, be a HNGD! ;>)

Cheers,

CB[/quote']

Amen to that! I really did not mean that in a bad way, I'm just getting tired of it, like the rest of us. I needed to vent, and those quotes was just a verbal straw in the camels back.

I am just so anxious to get my first Gibson....

Hello everyone! I'd like to share an opinion and please tell me if I am full of it and / or share your good / bad experience with respect to Gibson quality.

For those of us that have placed orders for these guitars I hope that we all get them. But let's not be in too much of a hurry. Gibson is known for making good to great quality instruments, even in their entry level models. I don't hear or read too many complaints about poor fretwork, or pickups sounding terrible, or shoddy electronics (take a peek inside the control cover and compare to an epi special or a squier strat; pro work in those gibbies). Some people don't care for the faded finishes, but personally, I think they are great. Pretty much every gibson that I have picked up and played I have thought to myself: "Yep, it sure is a Gibson" (meant in a good way ; - P ). Mind you, some new Gibsons at your local Guitar Center may have something to be desired in terms of their setup; but that is usually easily remedied (either by the store or set it up yourself if you know how).

The point that I am trying to make is that I believe, especially in light of the recovery from the flood, that Gibson will ship these guitars and all of the orders and back orders for all of their other tons of models to the hundreds and maybe thousands of dealers, distributors, and common folk when and only when those guitars have completed the meticulous production process that goes into building a fine quality instrument. If you have ever worked at a manufacturing plant (I have), then you'll understand that to rush a product thru production only risks diminishing the quality of that product. Just ask the QA dept!

So, we all want our guitars and we want them now, but I'd much rather wait the extra time it takes to get an instrument that is made to the quality that we expect from Gibson. Now, the business about the resellers taking too many orders and allowing orders to be cancelled is another story...

Also, if you have not already seen (or been on) a tour of a guitar factory, then you gotta check these vids out:

How it´s Made Gibson - Some assembly requiered PART 1

How it´s Made Gibson - Some assembly requiered PART 2

How it´s Made Gibson - Some assembly requiered PART 3

A tour in the GIBSON guitar Factory

Peace,

SunDogAZ

Archived