Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought the one at Margate. Hopefully, they will ship it today. Thanks for the tip!!! Still have a CSB on order from MF. The CSB will be for sale if it ever arrives. Maybe :rolleyes:

Congrats! I hope Tony helped you.

2 Goldtops went out the door at the same store today. The gold is a bit greener than the custom shop gold, but I found no sanding on the one I saw. YMMV

I'm told Cherries are on the way.

By the way, I don't work there. I get my car repaired nearby. And repaired. And repaired . . .

They're nice, I just hope they were made with flamed tops (perhaps only the cherry sunburst).

Doubt it. These are meant to be no frills guitars. I've seen 3 or 4 Honeybursts now (including my own) and none were flamed. Still a sweet sweet guitar, and a bargain!

THE GOLD TOPS ARE COMING, THE GOLD TOPS ARE COMING! Okay, now that I've got your attention, read this entire post (you'll see why).

I just spoke to my GC contact. They are getting 38 (all sold) Gold Tops, scheduled for (TaDa!) delivery to their warehouse on (you guessed it!) 8/31. They are expecting them the very day Gibson originally told them (Way to go Gibson! [thumbup] ). Mine will ship out the same day (so I am told) and should be in within that week (expecting on Friday).

Now, I've been in touch with the Salesman at Sam Ash (Direct). The guy who sold me the pre-flood Honeyburst 50's Tribute. He says that they were very meticulous about not over selling the pre-orders (unlike somewhere else...). Therefore, as guys who get fed up and cancel their orders cancel (they have canceled no-one themselves according to him), he is "fairly confident" he can get a Gold Top. One or two. He said to have the guys mention me (I don't know why, other than he'll know I did what I said I'd do and post it here).

Not sure about giving the whole number, probably a bad idea. But his name is Frank, at extension 2253. Use your computer, you can easily find the number for Sam Ash Direct. And yeah, tell him T Bone sent ya' [laugh] . I hope this works out well for someone here!!

I just spoke to Frank at SAMASH DIRECT ex 2253 and he said they have Gold Tops. I order mine and it's shipping out Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks TBone

where are the gibson mods/admin, i ordered mine around a month before some of you guys, and the stores in the US are shipping next week. gibson, have you shipped any gts to andertons in the UK if so when and how many? thanks

A friend of mine got the HSB through Sam Ash and it's either shipped yesterday or shipping today, either way, they were spot on for the 8/31 date. However, my order from Sweetwater got bumped to Nov 30th, why is Sweetwater getting such a crap deal with their delivery dates? Has anyone else here ordered theirs through Sweetwater as well? Kind of bummed that while my order is pretty much a lock, I've got to wait 2 more months than most others. ](*,)

I just spoke to Frank at SAMASH DIRECT ex 2253 and he said they have Gold Tops. I order mine and it's shipping out Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks TBone

Glad it worked out for someone! (BTW, those must've become available after I spoke to him, he didn't have a specific one yet but was confident he would).

I ordered my GT on 6/12 and received today another backorder notice from GC, they mentioned sometime September. I hope we all get them soon!

Well I am very confused (maybe yours will arrive around 9/3 to 9/7?). Waiting until Tuesday to see if the info I got was accurate or not. But I was told by my Salesman that they were getting a total of 38 Gold Tops, two separate shipments, but both expected in on Tuesday. And that mine would ship out to the store that day, so I should expect it late next week. This information he got from calling the GC Warehouse. Did you order online?

Also confusing to me, I have never once gotten a backorder email. Only an email confirming my initial order, which I got on 6/14.

Glad it worked out for someone! (BTW, those must've become available after I spoke to him, he didn't have a specific one yet but was confident he would).

Well I am very confused (maybe yours will arrive around 9/3 to 9/7?). Waiting until Tuesday to see if the info I got was accurate or not. But I was told by my Salesman that they were getting a total of 38 Gold Tops, two separate shipments, but both expected in on Tuesday. And that mine would ship out to the store that day, so I should expect it late next week. This information he got from calling the GC Warehouse. Did you order online?

Also confusing to me, I have never once gotten a backorder email. Only an email confirming my initial order, which I got on 6/14.

Yes I ordered online, and have received 3 or 4 backorder emails so far. So mine may be in the same shipment than yours hopfeully.

I ordered my GT on 6/12 and received today another backorder notice from GC, they mentioned sometime September. I hope we all get them soon!

Interesting. By sitting back and watching, G.C. sent out a whole bunch. It's probably that they are getting them in different orders.

Still no new word on mine thru M.F. except the great old stand-by, which is probably written in front of them, " we are suppose to be getting them in on the 31, unless Gibson doesn't come up their end of the deal....." :-({|=

That's the only thing I ever get is the B.O. emails. [cursing] Oh well at least it's not a cancellation notice of which will probably be the next mail from M.F. [-o<

Interesting. By sitting back and watching, G.C. sent out a whole bunch. It's probably that they are getting them in different orders.

Still no new word on mine thru M.F. except the great old stand-by, which is probably written in front of them, " we are suppose to be getting them in on the 31, unless Gibson doesn't come up their end of the deal....." :-({|=

I can't believe MF still can't give us any better idea of what is going on this late in the game.

I can't believe MF still can't give us any better idea of what is going on this late in the game.

When did you order your what??

Me a C.B. ordered on 7-3.

Me thinks I am in the top 25 of a list of 96 of each color they are suppose to be getting in. G.C. must have sent their order in before M.F. in order for them to be getting in already, unless M.F. isn't telling that their K.C. warehouse has them in yet?? [confused] [confused]

When did you order your what??

Me a C.B. ordered on 7-3.

Me thinks I am in the top 25 of a list of 96 of each color they are suppose to be getting in. G.C. must have sent their order in before M.F. in order for them to be getting in already, unless M.F. isn't telling that their K.C. warehouse has them in yet?? [confused] [confused]

I ordered a Goldtop from MF on 6/15. When I call I'll get one CSR who says "Your in like Flynn!" then 2 weeks later when I get another Backorder notice I call and get Sargent Shultz "I know NOTHING! I see NOTHING!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q

Just got a note from the guys at E.M. Shorts, telling me they got

in (today, August 28, 2010) a "Cherry Burst" '50's Tribute LP Studio,

so...according to when they ordered, their allotment, they told me,

the "Gold Tops" can't be far behind!

My pulse quickened, at the mere thought. ;>)

CB

[cool][sneaky]

I ordered a Goldtop from MF on 6/15. When I call I'll get one CSR who says "Your in like Flynn!" then 2 weeks later when I get another Backorder notice I call and get Sargent Shultz "I know NOTHING! I see NOTHING!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q

Ya know, if you call durning regular business hours, not lunch, and demand to talk to manger,then you get a LITTLE higher up the pecking order, then once there, tell them or ask, to find out if top brass is in their office. That's how I got to see what # I am in the order. Don't let them fool ya, there ARE people there all be it, very few, but they have the authorization to log in to see exactly where you are in line.

[lol][-X

[cool][sneaky]

Ya know, if you call durning regular business hours, not lunch, and demand to talk to manger,then you get a LITTLE higher up the pecking order, then once there, tell them or ask, to find out if top brass is in their office. That's how I got to see what # I am in the order. Don't let them fool ya, there ARE people there all be it, very few, but they have the authorization to log in to see exactly where you are in line.

[lol][-X

Ok thanks Sparky,I try when I call them on Tuesday 8/31. They should know SOMETHING by then,don't you think?

Ok thanks Sparky,I try when I call them on Tuesday 8/31. They should know SOMETHING by then,don't you think?

[confused] Dunno. It appears G.C. got their order before the prediction date?? I do know this, They ship it from Gibby, to K.C. warehouse. From there to customers. It could be that they got them, but it takes a day or two, not weekend, to process the orders, so maybe the csr doesn't know there in till they process and start shipping them.

Well, it's possible. Just to see if they tell the same story, ask them how many of each color they are suppose to get in. They told me 96 of each...Thus if they tell you your within the 96 window frame, you should be all set??

At least with the theory is correct. [drool] I know I can taste mine, but who knows?

Have you all read the following update in the very first post?

Update 8/28/2010.....GUITARS SHIPPED OUT SO FAR IN AUGUST

AUSTRALIA - 22

AUSTRIA - 2

CANADA - 17

GERMANY - 17

IRELAND - 2

JAPAN - 47

SCANINAVIA - 39

SWITZERLAND - 3

UNITED KINGDOM - 57

USA - 273

There should be enough for all here!

Have you all read the following update in the very first post?

Update 8/28/2010.....GUITARS SHIPPED OUT SO FAR IN AUGUST

AUSTRALIA - 22

AUSTRIA - 2

CANADA - 17

GERMANY - 17

IRELAND - 2

JAPAN - 47

SCANINAVIA - 39

SWITZERLAND - 3

UNITED KINGDOM - 57

USA - 273

There should be enough for all here!

Wow,thats big news,Thanks for posting it!

Archived