Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

Wondered, I thought maybe it was yours. Brooklyn, huh? Sort of figures, a regional thing. NYC's Sam Ash had one too. At least that one won't be permanently residing in the Empire State, thanks to another MLPF Members post. Has anyone else thought to call any of the Sam Ash stores in the area there? Hmm??

Hey T Bone. Long story highly shortened. I have a C.B. coming from Ash, but not Frank, but, Greg @ 2106. Which is a VERY great example of C.S.R.!! He was great at getting me one, of which I should have by Fri. if not then Mon. The guy at Ash in Brooklyn was a real piece of work he was..

He said I don't take credit cards?? Ya ever heard that before? Here's the kicker, when I asked why not, his response was " the credit card might not even yours, it could be someone else's card, how do I know it's yours??

At that point, wasn't worth the headache that would ensue me after another 20 seconds of talking to him!! I have a Epi. Les C.B. anyways, might as well have matching bookends.

I have not cancelled my order yet from other place until I receive my tracking so I have proof.

The guy from Brooklyn also says, they've been playing it, I would rather have a sealed box.They probably go thru them to pick out the best patterns for themselves or friends. :P

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a White and 2 CSB on backorder and hope they come through and left a message for Frank thanks to T-Bones post. I screwed up last Friday night around 8pm EST as I read T-Bones post quick when I saw GT may be available through Frank and I called right away. One problem I read past the part it was Sam Ash Direct and I wound up calling Musician's Friend. Haha, The extension didn;t seem to work but it was after hours, but I got a sales guy and he had no idea who Frank was or if 2253 was a valid extension. Anyways I was going to post that the 2253 wasnt valid until I read it was SAM ASH not Musician'd Friend. Dohhhhh.

Anyhow, I was wanting to jump the gun and assuming I will get the white one, are there black p90 pickguards that will fit these Tributes? I plan on doing black plastic for the P-90s and the toggle ring, and knobs. I can get everything but the pickguards. Anyone know where to find these?

I got a White and 2 CSB on backorder and hope they come through and left a message for Frank thanks to T-Bones post. I screwed up last Friday night around 8pm EST as I read T-Bones post quick when I saw GT may be available through Frank and I called right away. One problem I read past the part it was Sam Ash Direct and I wound up calling Musician's Friend. Haha, The extension didn;t seem to work but it was after hours, but I got a sales guy and he had no idea who Frank was or if 2253 was a valid extension. Anyways I was going to post that the 2253 wasnt valid until I read it was SAM ASH not Musician'd Friend. Dohhhhh.

Anyhow, I was wanting to jump the gun and assuming I will get the white one, are there black p90 pickguards that will fit these Tributes? I plan on doing black plastic for the P-90s and the toggle ring, and knobs. I can get everything but the pickguards. Anyone know where to find these?

they mite have them on the Gibson website

First off, thanks to T-Bone for the info to get around this pre-order trainwreck.

And in an effort to pay it forward, there's a goldtop at Sam Ash in Richmond, VA and a honey burst at the Sam Ash in Westminster, CA.

Oh, and everyone still in line for a GT at MF, just moved up one. [biggrin]

First off, thanks to T-Bone for the info to get around this pre-order trainwreck.

And in an effort to pay it forward, there's a goldtop at Sam Ash in Richmond, VA and a honey burst at the Sam Ash in Westminster, CA.

Oh, and everyone still in line for a GT at MF, just moved up one. [biggrin]

thanksdude_thumb_500_500.jpg

1. I'm from detroit originally - thought I'd join in on that.

2. I'm confused now, maybe because I've missed some posts... what the hell? Are we saying that GT's are being shipped out to stores, but they're not being passed along to the people waiting for them? How is it people are just buying them off the shelf if they're sold out? I'm going to be super pissed if I don't get mine after waiting, but random people are getting them off the shelf, without ordering early.

Someone want to explain what the hell's going on?

2. I'm confused now, maybe because I've missed some posts... what the hell? Are we saying that GT's are being shipped out to stores, but they're not being passed along to the people waiting for them? How is it people are just buying them off the shelf if they're sold out? I'm going to be super pissed if I don't get mine after waiting, but random people are getting them off the shelf, without ordering early.

+1

Unless Gibson is making more than originally planned this makes no sense that there are GTs available that weren't already accounted for and if someone cancelled there are probably like 100 people in reserve for that 1 guitar.

Easy explanation, Gibson said they were sold out (all colors), which meant they had them all sold to dealers, not that the dealers had them all sold. Sam Ash did the pre-order thing, but did not over sell them I'm told. In fact, it seems they saved some of their allotment (only one or two for each store from the sound of it, though I am uncertain of that, it is speculation I've read elsewhere that sounds plausible).

Anyway, they are getting the guitars in stores, and the stores are willing to sell if you call, simple as that.

ETA: Seemed the one Sparky Scott 29 called might've wanted to save theirs for the local Customers (I have no issue, it's their business). At least that makes more sense than not taking a CC over the phone. I think he reached a Sales Associate with an attitude. Or a Sales Associate without the "ociate" [wink] .

I bought the only GT in the NYC store after reading it was there on the MLPF from a guy who bought a Honeyburst at another Sam Ash. He also has a GT coming (I think from GC). Planning to post pics of our matched pairs next week.

Just checked the FedEx track log, mine got to Ohio tonight at 10:30. It'll be here tomorrow! [woot]

Easy explanation, Gibson said they were sold out (all colors), which meant they had them all sold to dealers, not that the dealers had them all sold. Sam Ash did the pre-order thing, but did not over sell them I'm told.

Are you saying there's not somebody who pre-ordered a GT from Sam Ash, and is currently on the waiting list? I find that impossible to believe.

I mean, congratulations on grabbing one - it's not your fault. I'm just saying - WTF is going on?

And when you get it, post some pictures of the back. I hope you get a sweet one.

Are you saying there's not somebody who pre-ordered a GT from Sam Ash, and is currently on the waiting list? I find that impossible to believe.

I mean, congratulations on grabbing one - it's not your fault. I'm just saying - WTF is going on?

And when you get it, post some pictures of the back. I hope you get a sweet one.

Thanks, I will. When I first heard about it, I called the guy at Sam Ash Direct (the direct Sales division) who I got the HB from. Got his voice mail, so I called the NYC store direct, and bought the one they had. Wasn't on order for anyone. When Frank called me back, he explained that the stores and Direct Sales operate independently. Also that they did not oversell the line, had not canceled anyone's orders. Only way he'll get to sell some is if/when some folks who tired of the wait or are no longer interested cancel (which is a good possibility).

Seriously Truetone, knowing how badly you want one of these, dump the MF order and call the Richmond, VA Sam Ash first thing tomorrow. Tell them that Joe doesn't need the GT anymore and they should sell it to you.

Thanks Joe,I really appreciete that,but I have to use my Musicians Friend card to buy the Goldtop.I spent all my cash on these guitars last week.

es-17-1-1.jpgRickenbacker365.jpg

Hello guys new member here ! I've been following this forums ever since I decided to get this beautiful guitar a couple of months ago. So yeah I know the about the flood situation and all.

I got a call today from on of the dealers in my region (near montreal, canada). The dealer said he had one 50's tribute comin' in this week. A black one. I'm the first guy he's calling when he gets it in the store. So looks like I'll be getting my hands on this amazing guitar !!

This will be my second Gibson. I had a 64 SG Special with P-90's but had to sell it .... short on cash at the time you know the story ..... still have regrets on that one but hey .... !

If I get the Studio 50's tribute I'll come back, post pics and share my thoughts.

Just got a backorder email from GC on my WCB. Will have to call them. I'm on the phone checking the Sam Ash Music store in my area right now and they have a GT, will be make'n a trip there now.

just got back from sam ash in white plains ny and yes they have only one, they've had it for a few days. had a $100 off coupon that expired 8/29 that they wouldn't honor. The GT was nice, not perfect, it had a scratch and the side where the body would go under your arm, they said it came out of the box that way about 2" long (is that the worn part) and some other rough spots. I really liked the neck, it was on the thinner side for a 50's, the frets are more round than flat, it had a great sound without an amp (chambers), played nice all over the neck, no dead spots, the action was high for my tastes, the neck was straight, but the neck setup had no relief, I lower the action a little. I played and looked it over it for around 60 minutes and gave it back. I have a WCSB on order with GC and a GT shipping out today from Sam Ash Direct which I was going to cancel if this GT worked out, just didn't like the scratch and the side, she was sweet. Maybe some one else will give her a home SAM # 914.949.8448.

Called GC about my back order notice, they said they can tell if they are in yet, but i'm on the list

Called American Musical Supply today and I got 2 different dates for my White and CherryBurst. White was Sept 26th or so and the Cherryburst was October 10th.

I then called Musician's Friend and the Cherryburst still says 8/31 and she couldn't tell me if they actually got these in today or not since it goes to their warehouse in Kansas. Odd as I ordered from AMS way before MF.

Also you guys ordering from Sam Ash, are you being charged sales tax as well? I was tempted about the Gold Top but then after tax it's an extra $60 so a hot deal becomes remarkably warm after tax... :(

Like most dealers who sell online also, they charge sales tax if you buy in their State or if they ship to a State they have a store in (GC does the same, fortunately for me, there is no Sam Ash in Michigan, so no tax on this one). They were going to charge me shipping from NYC, when I commented 'I thought Sam Ash shipped free"? I discovered that was Sam Ash Direct only. But the Salesman said he'd put it down to deal matching and no shipping fee (after all, locally they were dealing on some of these, the guy with the HB on MLPF got it well under $800 and they even threw in a half dozen sets of strings). I paid the price they had on the guitar (same as most, $849).

Archived