Gibson Brands Forums

Here's the new SG...

tommyb

Nice SG' date=' awesome photo of it, cut your grass! [biggrin']

Dang, you had to say that?? :-

I just came in from TRYING to start my mower again...been giving me fits for two weeks! [flapper]

Thanks, BentonC!

Another thing I discovered after my 30 year hiatus...these new guitar stands are cool! They lend themselves well to photographing the instrument because they are almost completely hidden except for the two "hooks" that curve up the lower bout. These can be easily photoshoped out as I've done here. Makes the guitar looks completely unsupported...gives me some ideas for some product shots.

The stands I had back in the day were heavy chrome-plated things that were padded with gum rubber which before too long became hard and brittle. I don't recall them being any too stable either. I had a guitar or two go over once or twice after just a mild bump. Good riddance!

Thanks everyone here for the warm welcome! :-k

Here's a history question for ya'll:

My first and only (till now) SG was purchased around 1966. I traded in my '56 LP GoldTop...the thing was heavy, and I was a poor, dumb kid. Not for getting the SG, but for trading the LP to get it. OH, how I wish I had that LP!

Anyway, to the question: That mid 60's SG was cherry, but as I recall, it had pearl dot inlays, not the trapezoids. Also, and I could be wrong, the pickguard was much smaller and did not cover the top like the Standard does now. I can't remember the headstock clearly, but I don't think it had a holly inlay as the Standard does.

Everything else was the same...dual chrome pups and hardware, etc.

Does anyone know what model that was?

Thanks!

NICE! welcome to the club!

Thanks, TBone!

Ya know, I like my Heritage Cherry SG, but that blue on in the red plush case in your avatar photo is truly a knockout!

I assume that's one of yours?

Thanks' date=' TBone!

Ya know, I like my Heritage Cherry SG, but that blue on in the red plush case in your avatar photo is truly a knockout!

I assume that's one of yours?

EDIT: I should read the signature thorougly! That must be the '02 SG Supreme. Truly sweet!![biggrin

Archived