Gibson Brands Forums

Cool pedals?

Silenced Fred

somefavorites.jpg

Some pedals I'm messing around with right now...I use the DL4 to run stereo delays.

The stainless steel one on the upper right is a Biyang FL-8 flanger. It's got the widest ranging filter I've come across, from a subtle swish to a fire siren!

(But ya couldn't gig with it because if you accidently kicked it people could sustain permanent hearing loss :-k )

myfirstpedal.jpg

...and this is the first pedal I ever bought (1972 I think). It hasn't worked in years.

You gotta have chorus' date=' flanger and delay in your line-up. I suggest BOSS.[/quote']

I'm not sold on having both a chorus and flanger... Nor both having a delay and reverb... I'm tossed about having both.

You gotta have chorus' date=' flanger and delay in your line-up. I suggest BOSS.[/quote']

For phaser-like chorus and flanger, yeah since BOSS pedals have that standard sound, but for delay I suggest something will a little more character and analog. For a more twelve string sounding chorus I recommend the Danelectro Cool Cat. The old blue Corvette looking ones sound great.

What ever lifts your luggage.

mxrcarboncopy.jpg

I bought a used one earlier this year and like it a lot. Granted, it did not hold a candle to higher end analog delays like the Maxon AD999 or even the AD9, but I could not justify spending $300+ on that type of pedal. The CC is more of a digital-esc analog delay. The modulation option is what did it for me. Still tweaking the trim pots to get it where I want it.

Loads of cool effects out there! Try some of the more crazy options from Moog, Electro Harmonix, Devi Ever...

The EH Frequency Analyzer is my all time fav.........great sounds

Also the EH Hog is loads of fun.

Stay AWAY from the carbon copy. I know everybody is singing praise here, but they are NOT made well. I have been through 2 in the past year. For delays look into a EH memory Man, or Memory Toy.

Anything Moog makes is amazing!!!!

At the end of the day it is all about imagination. If you can dream of it, rest assured there is a pedal, or combination of pedals that can create the sounds you want.

once you do select a few pedals, take the time to learn them inside and out. Good pedals are like instruments themselves.

My pedals are...

Front end...

Ernie Ball, Volume Pedal...

Fulltone, Clyde Deluxe wah...

TS808, Tube Screamer (moded)...

In the loop...

H&K, Rotosphere

MXR, Carbon Copy delay

Boss, Enhancer EH2

Line 6, Verbzilla (very rarely used, but present)

Okay' date=' so here are the pedals I am thinking, other suggestions, let me know

Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808

Some type of tremolo

Some type of delay[/quote']

BBE makes a tremolo and chorus in one unit... The Mind Bender I think its called.

Honestly, I would check out a Uni-Vibe if you have the chance.

For Delay I use a Marshall Echo Head, it has like 5 or 6 delay settings, maybe not for purists but it covers a lot of styles. Analog, HiFi, Tape Echo and Reverse Delay.

I the other pedal I use is a Marshall Regenerator pedal that has modulations for Vintage Chorus, Modern Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Vintage Vibe and envelope Filter.

These 2 pedals cover everything I need aside from what my my Mesa 5:25 amp can do.

Archived