Gibson Brands Forums

Post your Strat!

Hthomas

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gents,

Picked up the Candy Apple Red Stratocaster Special. One huge problem: went to pick it up (while the case was not latched) and everything fell out msp_scared.gif. Now I have a dinged up '09-'10 strat.

Interestingly, the finish underneath is gold metallic.

Any thoughts on refinishing? Or do I just chalk it up to added character? eusa_wall.gif

Maybe I should make up a better story... something with ninjas in it.

photo2-1.jpg?t=1319209137

photo3-1.jpg?t=1319209137

Congrats!! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Actually, that ding looks really cool. Really adds character to the guitar....hell many pay $$$$ to get the same ding done from the fender factory and yours was done by accident, but naturally the same time......did that make sense? [flapper] [flapper] I'm sure you'll have fun with that new strat....Im certainly having fun with mine....Im actually playing it more than the R8 I purchased the same week I purchased the same strat you have.

pa050171.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2011-10-05

Very cool!! It could use one of threse though.

677d0b29ff1e87fc5a0f7560868267a2.jpg

Nice strap!! An original from back in the day!

Thanks for the compliment. Only 2 things I wish could be different about this axe:

1. Translucent pickguard with no routing of the wiring. I don't know why they didn't do it that way. Would've looked much better.

2. Rosewood fingerboard. I like rosewood better. But they only come with maple.

I think I am going to put on a clear plastic tremolo cover on the back. That pitch white one breaks up the color flow on the back.

Nice strap!! An original from back in the day!

Thanks for the compliment. Only 2 things I wish could be different about this axe:

1. Translucent pickguard with no routing of the wiring. I don't know why they didn't do it that way. Would've looked much better.

2. Rosewood fingerboard. I like rosewood better. But they only come with maple.

I think I am going to put on a clear plastic tremolo cover on the back. That pitch white one breaks up the color flow on the back.

Also, you could just take the tremolo cover off.

I figured it was about time I posted mine. The one on the left is a 2011 Fender American Special Stratocaster that plays as good as it looks and sounds even better! The one on the right is a Jaguar Strat copy that played awful when I first bought it used a while back. It needed a new nut, volume and tone knobs, volume pot and received the bridge pickup always on wiring mod (that would be the mini switch).

DSC06921.jpg

Believe it or not the Jaguar has a tone that is unique to any other Strat I've ever heard. It's a plywood chambered body and has some really warm tones, the neck pickup sounds great... even better than the Fender Noiseless I put in the bridge to replace the EMG Select the previous owner had in their.

• 2 weeks later...

sweet... so what's the scoop on the Jet City amp? I've been eyeing one of them for a while now. Just don't have any place near me that carries them.

I like it.......Jet City was having some QC problems with this amp last year....Mine is fine....20 Tube watts...Tube reverb....It doesn't scorch into uber tube distortion,

but it takes pedals well for that....Nice tone....I use it a bit for a different tone than my Egnaters (the best IMHO) and Peavey (and Vox) amps....Soldano designed,

well priced as well....G.C. puts them at great prices every so often, and I'm seeing them used for cheap as well.....Pretty ballsy little things, but basicly two trick ponies..

I love their PICO heads, but haven't bought one yet, as my budget is rather small [scared] :blink: [omg] .........G.C. ships to Canada now (I think)....I'm hoping to get a couple

more Jet City amps for my stable...........There are so many great affordable tube amps these days...................

Archived