Gibson Brands Forums

USA... USA... USA...

dROK83

Ok, I know most don't care but USA has won against Algeria, and has advanced into the next round of the world cup and won Group C over England, Slovenia, and Algeria. This marks the 1st time in 80 years the USA has won their group.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Ok' date=' I know most don't care but USA has won against Algeria, and has advanced into the next round of the world cup and won Group C over [b']England[/b], Slovenia, and Algeria. This marks the 1st time in 80 years the USA has won their group.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

It was not long ago that we were being assured that England was going to crush us....

khrushchev_shoe1.jpg

photo borrowed from The Demoines Register: http://www.demoinesregister.com

Familiar, huh?

Good Luck Team USA!

Is that funny? [thumbup]

No offense intended[biggrin] . I watched Spain vs. Swiss. Spain was 'flat'. Saw them play Honduras Villa played well (2 goooools + chance for the hat trick).. They play Chile Friday.. Should be a good game.

So-o-o-o :-k We beat the Brits? [confused]

We tied the Brits, but only because their goalie missed a pretty easy shot.

We were told we'd be "crushed".

Some folks just don't understand what "credibility" means, huh Dom?

/chuckle just giving you sh!t, man. Good luck to England in the next round!

No' date=' we tied the Britts last week.

What a great match today. The Uncle Sams Army and a goal in added time. We peppered them all game with opportunity after opportunity and finally Donovan bangs home a rebound. Yeah! Loved every minute of it.[/quote']

We tied the Brits' date=' but only because their goalie missed a pretty easy shot.

...[/quote']

So... #-o nobody won that one? How do you know which one goes down the winner's bracket? Oh wait... we're talking soccer. :-k That only makes a little more sense than Hockey... never mind. [confused]

USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA • USA !!!!

Well, this basically means we play Ghana and England plays Germany, so I would think we have the better chance of advancing than England.

And technically we beat England, Slovenia, and Algeria because we won Group C, that means the other 3 teams lost to USA in group C. Slovenia and Algeria are both out, while USA and England advance.

Well' date=' this basically means we play Ghana and England plays Germany, so I would think we have the better chance of advancing than England.

And technically we beat England, Slovenia, and Algeria because we won Group C, that means the other 3 teams lost to USA in group C. Slovenia and Algeria are both out, while USA and England advance.[/quote']

Don't be diss'in' the Germans. They will be our ally in the next one.

Archived