Gibson Brands Forums

Happy 4th of July!

deepblue

Thanks from the prairies of North America.

Last night I'm guessing the town where I live swelled to double or triple - probably the latter - in population with a PRCA rodeo followed by fireworks one could see for miles in celebration of the declaration of independence at the literal geographic center of the United States.

m

Do you Americans at least get Monday off since today falls on a Sunday? Or is it just one of those unofficial, "you know I'm not coming into work tomorrow right?" kind of things?

Canada Day was on a Thursday, and lets just say getting anything done on the following Friday would have been tricky.

Do you Americans at least get Monday off since today falls on a Sunday? Or is it just one of those unofficial' date=' "you know I'm not coming into work tomorrow right?" kind of things?

Canada Day was on a Thursday, and lets just say getting anything done on the following Friday would have been tricky. [/quote']

Do gigs count?

Happy Independence Day. We just returned from my motorcycle club ceremony. Represented were active duty members of all branches of the military, plus re-enacters in full uniform from the Revolutionary war, Civil War, WWI, WWII and Vietnam. Our small town government was represented by the Mayor and Fire Department. It's always a very moving ceremony.

Now it's off to some friends for Music, food, fun and fireworks on the banks of the Missouri River.

Archived