Gibson Brands Forums

have fender ever made a one piece body ?

S t e v e

guys, i was chatting to my cousin on facebook lastnight he said that he knows someone selling a "richie blackmore" signature strat and that it had a one peice body/neck ie (through body), iv'e told him that his mate is lying about the specs as fender only ever use bolt on necks?

i looked up the richie sig strat and it says that the body is alder and the neck is maple so how can it be "one piece" [biggrin]

heres a link to the guitar...

blackmore strat

One piece body means just that, the body not the neck. Some people just interpret it wrong.

Fender does/did have models with set necks, Teles, Strats and maybe others , they are not the traditional models but they do have them

setneck2.gif

One piece body means just that' date=' the body not the neck. Some people just interpret it wrong.

Fender does/did have models with set necks, Teles, Strats and maybe others , they are not the traditional models but they do have them

[img']http://www.modernguitars.com/imagefiles/kellet/setneck2.gif[/img]

but is the blackmore strat a one piece? [biggrin]

Yes' date=' Fender has made one-piece bodies.

They cost a bit more, but they're out there.

Also, if you mean a guitar with a set neck, yes those are out there too.[/quote']

but is this as you mention above or a bolt on? it's a bolt on right?

blackmore strat

The Ritchie Balckmore signature has a bolt on neck, not only that but it is on the 70's style with 3 screws insted of 4.

It is not a neck-thru guitar at all.

Like I said one-piece body does not mean one-piece guitar.

The Ritchie Balckmore signature has a bolt on neck' date=' not only that but it is on the 70's style with 3 screws insted of 4.

Like I said one-piece body does not mean one-piece guitar.[/quote']

thanks for that mate, i knew i was right but just wanted confirmation :-

The Ritchie Balckmore signature has a bolt on neck' date=' not only that but it is on the 70's style with 3 screws insted of 4.

Like I said one-piece body does not mean one-piece guitar.[/quote']

And the big headstock.

I looked over my Mahogany strat and I can't find any indicator of a second piece.... I believe it is a 1 piece too.

Look at the bottom of the guitar (where the tail strap pin is) and it will be easier to see. The grain will probably be running diagonally and if it's 2 piece the grain will be going in opposite directions. Kindof like this /////

Look at the bottom of the guitar (where the tail strap pin is) and it will be easier to see. The grain will probably be running diagonally and if it's 2 piece the grain will be going in opposite directions. Kindof like this /////

It's 1 piece, the grain shows as //////// with no staggering .

Fender also has at least one neck-thru guitar - the Merle Haggard Telecaster.

I've seen that one from afar, I wish i had time to play it... it looks like it kicks some major ***...

Archived