Gibson Brands Forums

maybe the best guitar solo "duel" i've ever heard...

S t e v e

Um I won't say fake because I know Vai and Gilbert could do it but I will say this....I hate the sound of shredding, it just sounds to me like notes all jarred up. Even some Metallica stuff bugs me because it's too fast. OMG I said it lol

Too each their own, if you like it then you like it and don't let no one else tell you different [biggrin]

why do people think it's impossible to play that fast when malmsteen and batio make a living out of it :-k, playing fast isn't rocket science just a few years practice...if you haven't got the dedication or just don't want to add another string to your bow then fine but no need to mock others...

there i said it [cool]

Sorry Steve but I think Dragonforce are crap.. There was a time where EVERY guitar mag had Lee on the front cover...

yea i agree that they aint all that and i only like one or two tracks' date=' i was talking in general about "shredders" and how some people who can't or don't want to play fast always put them down...that's all [crying

It's pretty common knowledge that the album version was tweaked in post. Even serious fans of the band will admit that most of thier songs are terrible live because they don't sound nearly as good.

Do I think being able to play really really fast makes for good music? No. It's obvious they still have plenty of fans either way. Could I play it? Probably not, but it really dosen't matter.

why do people think it's impossible to play that fast when malmsteen and batio make a living out of it :-k' date=' playing fast isn't rocket science just a few years practice...if you haven't got the dedication or just don't want to add another string to your bow then fine but no need to mock others... [/quote']

Well since I am a rocket scientist that must mean that I can play fast. Cool!!! I can play YYZ but that's about as fast as I go. I certainly do appreciate those who do, as long as it's melodic. Mozart made a good living out of it...

Well since I am a rocket scientist that must mean that I can play fast. Cool!!! I can play YYZ but that's about as fast as I go. I certainly do appreciate those who do' date=' as long as it's melodic. Mozart made a good living out of it...

[/quote']

well said [cool]

Archived