Gibson Brands Forums

New Amp Day!! Right Now!!!

Californiaman

Been playing my Fender '57 for the past three hours.

Comparing it with my Custom Shop Two-Tone Amp and generally having a great time. It's been on the desk in front of me—about ear level. So it's now time to stop playing so I can recover some of my hearing.

This amp is the best amp I've ever had the pleasure to play. Very lively amplifier.

I have no complaints. Finger touch sensitive responsiveness like you wouldn't believe. The dynamics are incredible. The tone is to die for.

I haven't even plugged the ES-175 in yet. Nothing but gorgeous Telecaster and Fender Deluxe music.

If you are fortunate enough to own one you know what I'm talking about.

It's a thing of beauty. Both aesthetically and functionally.

It handles rock, blues and country equally well.

Comparing it with my Custom Shop Two-Tone Amp and generally having a great time. It's been on the desk in front of me—about ear level. So it's now time to stop playing so I can recover some of my hearing.

This amp is the best amp I've ever had the pleasure to play. Very lively amplifier.

I have no complaints. Finger touch sensitive responsiveness like you wouldn't believe. The dynamics are incredible. The tone is to die for.

I haven't even plugged the ES-175 in yet. Nothing but gorgeous Telecaster and Fender Deluxe music.

It handles rock' date=' blues and country equally well.[/quote']

Way to ruin my moment in the spotlight... [bored]

It's okay, its a sweet looking amp, I'm still looking forward to Dave's guit though :-

Thanks guys.

I'm happy. Very happy.

I probably won't ever need another amp.

Running the two of them together is going to be good.

If I really want to get freaky with my amps, I'll plug all three into the amp switcher.

That Gibson GA-5 can hold it's own too. I'll use the Two-Tone for reverb.

It handles rock' date=' blues and country equally well.[/quote']

Congrats!!! The Deluxe is my personal favorite as well. Mine is in the shop right now, and i'm missing it!!

You may want to take off for a few days before plugging in the 175 though.... Chances are you won't be leaving the house for a while...[cool]

Because of its solid maple cabinet and the Celestion Blue, the tone on this amp is magnified 10 fold over a regular Deluxe. It's more in your face. Well, since I've been playing it as it now sits on my desk, it's right in my face. This thing is loud. My Two-Tone is a lot more mellow than this amp. When I say mellow, I mean softer. It's not so transient. I guess it's the difference between say a maple fretboard on a stratocaster or tele and that of a rosewood. Or as they say in the video on youtube, think of it like hitting a maple snare drum. More attack.

Playing the ES-175 through it is an entire different ball game all to gether. Since I'm right in front of the amp, or slightly off to the side of it while playing, I often have to deal with feedback issues because of the nature of my hollow-bodied beast. But I tell you this, it does sound amazing both clean and slightly distorted.

Bo,

I'd love to post a sample but the mic on my i-Mac isn't the greatest in the world.

It wouldn't do the amp justice. It's not like I didn't try yesterday. I'll try again and see what happens.

Otherwise, as soon as I get me a proper microphone we'll see what we can do.

Archived