Gibson Brands Forums

Three chords

ksdaddy

There are some on this forum who have, in a moment of self effacing humor, made reference to the fact that they weren't very skilled on guitar and wished they were better. Yes, wanting to improve is a good thing, but a little joke posted on the Gretsch forum nailed it quite well....

Q: What is the difference between a pop guitarist and a jazz guitarist?

A: The pop guitarist plays three chords before 1000 people. The jazz guitarist plays 1000 chords before three people!

If it sounds good, it IS good. Keep thumping the three chords. Maybe a fourth will come along sometime; if not, we'll fake it.

14mgiad.jpg

Plywood sampans 'r' us.

AWESOME! I will use that one.

Our bassist is a jazz guy. Deep down, he may resent that our country music shows are much more fun and lively than 99% of his jazz gigs.

Oh, jazz. The stuck up, uptight older brother who winces when people yee-haw.

Do I hear a can of worms opening? Im no fan of gratuitous musical wankery. On the other hand, musical knowledge is not fatal to soul. Without it, it may be hard to be fully expressive. As Gary Davis (no slouch in either department) said, "I study how to take advantage of a guitar.'

Im no fan of gratuitous musical wankery. On the other hand, musical knowledge is not fatal to soul.

I think that's an excellent point. And soul is truly the magic ingredient to good music. And the beauty of it is that you can have soul at any level of play.

I play songs using all three chords. But I don't play as much in the key of A or B' date=' as I do in the key of R.

[/quote']

Oh Man

You could teach me a thing or two!

To play in R I still have to use a capo on the 16th fret!

But I know what you mean, my music sounds great until i realise I left the loft window open and all the neighbour hood cats are running for the hills!

Johnt- Love what you've done to your hair' date=' mate!

Listen Tel,

You've either got "IT" or you haven't !!

Me? I exude it!

Hey I like your sisters, is the one in the middle free for the end of term prom?

(She looks just like your comments in your signature re your '05 ROGUE SPYDER RESONATOR !)

BR

John

There are some on this forum who have' date=' in a moment of self effacing humor, made reference to the fact that they weren't very skilled on guitar and wished they were better. Yes, wanting to improve is a good thing, but a little joke posted on the Gretsch forum nailed it quite well....

Q: What is the difference between a pop guitarist and a jazz guitarist?

A: The pop guitarist plays three chords before 1000 people. The jazz guitarist plays 1000 chords before three people!

If it sounds good, it IS good. Keep thumping the three chords. Maybe a fourth will come along sometime; if not, we'll fake it.

[img']http://i28.tinypic.com/14mgiad.jpg[/img]

Plywood sampans 'r' us.

KSDaddy:

From the looks of your pristine pond-what an idyllic location for a nudist camp

Moose

P.S. I only use 1 1/2 chords but play an octave faster to make up the difference.

Johnt wrote: Hey I like your sisters, is the one in the middle free for the end of term prom?

Sorry, Johnt, that's my aunt and she's not free. But, she's CHEAP!!!!

The easiest key for me to sing in is G awkward.

Country music is the soundtrack to a life of under achievement

Rock music is the vehicle for men who want to be women to dress up like women

Jazz music proves what the guy who lives in his mother's basement does with his time when he isn't looking at his mom on the computer.

Long live folk - the voice of the people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14mgiad.jpg

Plywood sampans 'r' us.

two things,

1. Looks like you found a use for that worn out snow shovel. You don't throw anything

away.. do you KS?

2. It appears you like your boats like I like my guitarsL: Symetrical (i.e. no cutaways)

so others don't know when it's upside-down or backwards.

The snow shovel was a $10 POS made in China that lasted 3 uses. I grafted a piece of plywood onto it, which lasted until I got stuck on a big rock and had to "push off". I now use a piece of pine I bandsawed into the silhouette of a paddle as a stopgap measure until I can get to WalMart for one of their $9 paddles (Made in USA!).

The boat WAS symmetrical but I had mounted the seat too high and it's initial stability was very low. I un-glued and un-screwed the seat and placed it much lower in the boat. I also looked at a profile pic of "us" in the water and noticed that with the seat dead-center I was nose-diving a little, so I placed it back some. It's currently in an in-between stage where it is functionally better but needs touch up paint.

Building boats is a learning process I guess.

The snow shovel was a $10 POS made in China that lasted 3 uses. I grafted a piece of plywood onto it' date=' which lasted until I got stuck on a big rock and had to "push off". I now use a piece of pine I bandsawed into the silhouette of a paddle as a stopgap measure until I can get to WalMart for one of their $9 paddles (Made in USA!).The boat WAS symmetrical but I had mounted the seat too high and it's initial stability was very low. I un-glued and un-screwed the seat and placed it much lower in the boat. I also looked at a profile pic of "us" in the water and noticed that with the seat dead-center I was nose-diving a little, so I placed it back some. It's currently in an in-between stage where it is functionally better but needs touch up paint.

Building boats is a learning process I guess.

You could always use a nice Ovation to play on that boat, that way if your $9.00 paddle goes overboard, your still OK and able to get home!

=P~

The snow shovel was a $10 POS made in China that lasted 3 uses. I grafted a piece of plywood onto it' date=' which lasted until I got stuck on a big rock and had to "push off". I now use a piece of pine I bandsawed into the silhouette of a paddle as a stopgap measure until I can get to WalMart for one of their $9 paddles (Made in USA!).

The boat WAS symmetrical but I had mounted the seat too high and it's initial stability was very low. I un-glued and un-screwed the seat and placed it much lower in the boat. I also looked at a profile pic of "us" in the water and noticed that with the seat dead-center I was nose-diving a little, so I placed it back some. It's currently in an in-between stage where it is functionally better but needs touch up paint.

Building boats is a learning process I guess.[/quote']

Hi KS

A suggestion: Getting rid of the sharks in your pond will greatly improve the stability of your boat

Moose

Archived