Gibson Brands Forums

How is Epiphone different than Gibson?

WahKeen

Not until the birds really described how they felt about their music. Posers is what those wankers are; geeez what ever happened to playing to the fans; while I have never had birds do that to me at gigs we have had huge storms' date=' heat, too damn cold and bars like the one in the "Blues Brothers". Its the old saying the show must go on.[/quote']

You asked who they were. Too many people call new music crap be use they don't listen to it. I don't think you have been one of the most laid back members here bud. Just sayin

One can look at this question in many ways... one way would be:

Gibson for professionals' date=' Epiphone for the bedroom players.

Eh? Eh?

[/quote']

I'm only a bedroom player, and basically all i play is Gibson....My first guitar was a Gibson ( not counting some starter pack i got when i was 14 and played for 2 months then pawned it...[biggrin] ) I've always been a believer, that you GET what you PAY for, and in most case's this is true..The Epiphone fanatic defenders really annoy me, as they do all other serious Gibson owner's....They defend there product by slandering our's because of the pure fact, that Gibson's are better and more expensive...(not counting Kalamazoo days) The people who do this are usually very ignorant and/or jealous, and/or young...I just try to exit away when i see these comments, so i dont get upset and start an uproar, but yea...its annoying..

PS: i have nothing against Epiphone and i believe they make great guitars in there price range, especially there semi-hollows..Put comparing an Epiphone Les Paul to a Gibson Les Paul is just plain dumb..[biggrin]

Hah' date=' gotcha! :-k/ [lol

*and I know the "gatcha" game has been done before, so... [biggrin] *

1- Epiphones have an ugly head.

2- If you want to be sure you don't have the worse guitar of the two, your best bet is Gibson.

I've owned some Epis that were as good or phenomenally close to being as good as any Gibson I've had.

But when I need to be sure, like for my main guitar, I spend the money on Gibson.

I think also that Epiphone have more pieces comprising the body, but with the glue that they use, I doubt that the human ear can tell the difference.

I own both brands a Gibson Les Paul Std and a J45 acoustic MC and they are terrific guitars-

I went out looking and playing guitars in a local guitar shop and wound up buying a Epiphone Dot in

natural finish-it sounds exactly like what a semi hollow is supposed to sound like-completely satisfied

with the guitar AND (drumroll please) $445 with hardshell case. I would love to have a rack full of 335's

but it is not in my budget,in conclusion, listen to the guitar not the pricetag.

So what' date=' who cares what you think. At least I can back up my words you have yet to expirence anything in life except middle school.

[/quote']

Hey! Guitarest! Leave those kids alone! (Sung to the tune of "Another Brick in the Wall Pt.2)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Archived