Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone to reissue Coronet, Wilshire & Crestwoods!!!

Vic Flick

Zerostreet

That red wilshire is one of the chinese models with regular humbuckers that have been available for a couple years now. They have been sold by Music123 (i got mine in June 06)' date=' and more recently at a couple german stores. The white one is currently available @ musician's friend.

I don't think they are related to the reissues mentioned in the Guitar World article, because the article specifically mentions all the "batwings" (wilshire crestwood & coronet) and these chinese guitars were already being made- 2 years before the publication.

Only epi really knows I guess[/quote']

Ah! I thought only the white had been available for the last few years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the blurb says that the body is solid mahogany but if you look at it properly in hand it looks like a sandwich of timbers ie..thin veneer of mahogany ,layer of chipboard ? then back layer of mahogany(joking about chipboard,dont really know what it is)

the finish sure looks good ,but its a shame that they didnt opt for p90s or mini hbs or a tremelo ...LONG LIVE DENNIS TEK AND RADIO BIRDMAN

W W

• 2 weeks later...

This thread keeps surfacing for the past 10 months.

You are very observant :P

Of these three solidbody reissues, which is considered to be the best (or most expensive?) of the three?

Best: Subjective as hell

Most Expensive: Crestwood

The only ones I have seen have been budget priced, but one from 1964 can fetch $6,000.

I'll be dipped. :-k

American or Japanese made Crestwood deluxe with the three pickups.... That is the only electric that's on my radar' date=' but I don't think Epi is gonna ever reissue that one[/quote']

Yeah...don't hold your breath on that one. With all the bells and whistles those had, I don't see them reissuing them. I have an sg deluxe w 3 mini hums from '98 and I really don't like the third pu. It just gets in the way....

Also:

That prototype looks like a early 60's double cut wilshire YAY

Bring it on, epi!!!

I am guessing these are getting brewed up for NAMM '09

That prototype looks like a early 60's double cut wilshire YAY

Bring it on' date=' epi!!!M '09[/quote']

Exactly what I thought after seeing that pic - looks like the 1961 style Wilshire to me.

wilshire-red-2.jpg

Epiphone, price this right and I can guarantee you I'll be buying one. I prefer the 3 on a side headstock, personally, and am waiting for the right P-90 guitar to come along...

Hopefully we'll know in January, I'd guess you're right it will be a NAMM announcement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Anyone here own or played one of these ?

577216.jpg

I had one when they first came out' date=' it was OK but I was a bit disappointed. It should have had mini buckers, and the hardware was the pits. Literally, it was pitted!!! Saddles rattled. It was made by DaeWon in China.

Mine had a big, square heel, almost like a PRS. Your stock photo shows a nicer, contoured, smaller heel.

[center']wilshire%20body.jpg[/center]

The guitar itself was OK, with a little upgrading it could have been a lot better.

Archived