Gibson Brands Forums

Watch it maybe a virus here

captmidnight

Well, I just built a new Windows machine, and am in process of "clean" loading JUST the software I use...and Windows Defender says it can't check its own update page on the internet -- from the same site where I downloaded the program that says it can't see the website.

Odd coincidence, I've never seen an alert from this website and here it is on the same day I access the site on a brand-spanking new, certified no-virus machine.

I'm getting an alert but it says that my computer is secure. Maybe just a minor glitch.......J

No it aint Jepi, it's actually a Trojan (JS Downloader.exe) my McAfee found it after it invaded my machine, and quarantined it, at which point I deleted it.

Probably some hacker got in their (Gibson) system, and did all kinda stuff, I ran that number, and nothing came up on my machine...yet. Hey Admin, maybe you need to look into this before it messes up someone's machine?

Just made contact with our support team. The guy that I talked to, was not aware that we were having this issue but said that he would immediately make it known to those that need to know. I requested that he post something on the site with a status update.........J

Archived