Gibson Brands Forums

Buckethead les paul

shmigit

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have any opinion of Buckethead' date=' but I believe his signature Gibson is just further proof that they have an unlimited supply of Ugly, and they are not afraid to use it.[/quote']+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...

Sorry, I zoned out there for a second. But, yeah his guitars are UGLY!

This just in from Gibson HQ!

Thanks for calling Gibson Customer Service. Gibson USA says that the Buckethead is due out in November. The MSRP has not been set yet. The body is 10% larger than a regular Les Paul. It is based on a LP Custom with multi ply binding on the top and binding on the back as well. They are white with ebony fret boards and the scale is 27 ½ inches long. It has open coiled pickups with white pickup bobbins and speed knobs. The guitar also employs the use of 2 “Atari” type buttons that act as a kill switch type of thing. One is located where the rhythm pickup volume knob is usually located and the other is located where the toggle usually sits. Thanks.

Maybe that's why he uses those baritone guitars... you think he would feel confortable with a telecaster or one of them wolfgangs? (god knows I couldn't stand the smallness of that wolfgang and that's what made me sell it).

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Here he is playing a strat, it looks like a toy on him;

btw, he does play a Tele every now and then. A few of his albums are exclusively Telecaster.

Well I know I'm alone in a crowd..

I think Kiss sucks.. never could get on their band wagon like so many other people.

I was too into Ted Nugent, Zep, Rush, etc at the time when they came out…. but we're all entitled to an opinion.

As for Bucket Head.. well I probably won’t buy his signature guitar and although the only clips anyone seems to find him doing is playing 5billion notes per second; he does have a diversified guitar history.

Well I know I'm alone in a crowd..

I think Kiss sucks.. never could get on their band wagon like so many other people.

I was too into Ted Nugent' date=' Zep, Rush, etc at the time when they came out…. but we're all entitled to an opinion.

As for Bucket Head.. well I probably won’t buy his signature guitar and although the only clips anyone seems to find him doing is playing 5billion notes per second; he does have a diversified guitar history.

[/quote']

I agree regarding Kiss. Could never get on their bandwagon either. Maybe Ace had some class but Stanley and Simmons are a joke.

Here's some of Bucket's tunes that aren't 5 billion notes per second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ASGnILgOzg

and plenty more, in fact I'd say at least half of his output is the polar opposite of 'shred'.

Hey cool! I took that photo of bucket's guitar on page 9 (lazychump from deviantart)

This is my favorite bucket track of all time.

This track showcases his soulful playing technique and phrasing which really dispells a lot of the misconceptions about Buckethead and his style.

as for a signature guitar, i'd probably pick one up. I was in the market for a plaintop custom, but i'd hold out for a buckethead signature.

Buckethead sucks period...hes for kids that dont know anything guitars dont belive me ask any kids that played guitar hero and they will say hes the best ever or either him or dimebag darrel is the best guitarist ever' date=' even thoguh they know one song by them...TOPIC CLOSED

if u want to repsoned to this make anthor topic.[/quote']

chuck would be very displeased with your baseless criticism. it appears you only know one of the mentioned guitar hero songs (jordan) as well.

I found a bunch of arcade leaf triggered push buttons in my closet, but unfortunately you ahve to bore big holes to fit them.

If i can find a drill bit large enough i may put one in my studio.

Nobody "deserves" their own Les Paul. It's a guitar' date=' not a Nobel Prize. [/quote']

Hmmmm....

What does it take to "deserve" a Nobel prize?

:D/

Boy, this thread just went from pathetic to... whatever is worse than pathetic.

:D :D :D =; :D [-( :D =P~ :D :D #-o #-o #-o[-(

Archived