Gibson Brands Forums

Wilshire Reissue

yosoybay

I just bought one of these today. Just loved the looks of it. If it plays half as well as my Epi Paul, I'll be happy. I've always said I would never buy a new axe without playing it first....

Should have it in a couple days. I'll let you guys know what I think of it.

Someone here on the forum owned a Wilshire; I think it was Jerry.

Yeah, I got one whey they were a Music123 exclusive. It was a DaeWon (China), pretty nice guitar. The only complaint I had was the finish on the bridge & tailpiece, but that's an easy fix.

Which made more people want it do to less and less quantities .....

no

Perhaps when you are older you will understand economics a little better. I teach it in CA public schools.

Quantity is almost aways based on demand. Demand is not based on quantity, as you stated. In other words, people do not usually buy something because there is a large or small quantity. They buy it because they want it.

If a lot of people want a product, than usually quantity goes up, after a time period. If nobody wants it, quantity goes down, after a time period. Yes, sometimes a small quantity makes something more sought after, but not usually. If all it took was a small quantity of something to make it sell, than every manufacturer would be making small quantities of their product. And I think you can understand that wouldn't work with most products.

You also spelled due wrong. I wouldn't have written a thing if it wasn't for the fact that you keep coming on here spouting facts that you know nothing about.

no

Perhaps when you are older you will understand economics a little better. I teach it in CA public schools.

Quantity is almost aways based on demand. Demand is not based on quantity' date=' as you stated. In other words, people do not usually buy something because there is a large or small quantity. They buy it because they want it.

If a lot of people want a product, than usually quantity goes up, after a time period. If nobody wants it, quantity goes down, after a time period. Yes, sometimes a small quantity makes something more sought after, but not usually. If all it took was a small quantity of something to make it sell, than every manufacturer would be making small quantities of their product. And I think you can understand that wouldn't work with most products.

[/quote']

That's absolutely right. There are some rare instances when small quantities create a buzz about a product that enhances it's popularity and thus slightly increases demand. Think of how Nintendo has benefited from all of the press surrounding the shortage of Wii's. People think, "Wow, if they're selling out that fast, maybe I should go to Best Buy and try one and see what it's all about." That's the kind of thing Brad is referring to as a rare exception to the concept.

My epi classic kills your gibson in looks and sound

WTF?!?!?!? Is wrong with you???

hey i just stated my opinion about it so why dont you stop being snob. if i may qoute. I (beleive). emphasis on BELEIVE. a$$hole

What???

BELIEVE?

Quote?

Is this what public school's are producing these days? #-o Go to bed!... and go to school! Please!!!

Thanks Suplex, I was going to write something close to what you did. But I didn't know where to begin!

13yguitarBOY, your gibberish does nothing but reinforce everything I and others have stated.

Sweet dreams!

The "Wilshire" is a good deal

I owned this "baby" since the mid of february

It sounds a bit like the SG400 (same PU's) but I payed ~ 60 % of the price of th SG

so I coold spend the saved money yesterday in a better amp (VOX AD 30VT)

Well, I got my Wilshire today, musta been one of the last ones to leave the warehouse at Guitar Center.

This little gem just plays and sounds great. I couldnt be happier with it at all.

Given the price I paid, this baby was a steal!

• 2 months later...

I picked up my Wilshire Reissue form my local Gibson dealer. I was in the shop inquiring about something else. My Gibson guy was busy when I walked in so I took the store tour. I saw this Epiphone I'd never seen before so I picked it up from the rack and started playing. I know most people dig the 60's slim tapered neck, but for whatever reason, the 59 rounded neck always fit my hand better. It was the thing I liked most about this guitar. I never put it back down. I handed it to him and asked for a gig back to get it home.

I keep hearing that people only found these in white?? Mine is cherry red. I'll take pictures of it when I get home from work today and post it if anyone is interested.

My Gibson dealer told me they were making only 250 of them?? He gave it to me for $269... I can't find it anywhere else... Anyone know anything about it? Did I just get lucky, or will we start seeing these out on the open market again?

Add this to my Epi collection (although nothing vintage [-X) :

PR-775 SCE (my first acoustic)

Les Paul Special II (my first electric)

Chet Atkins SST

ES-175 Reissue (upgraded with Gibson '57's)

ES 335 DOT (upgraded with gibson '57's)

Thunderbird IV Bass

*Wilshire Reissue (cherry)

I just bought one a few weeks back from Gibson Showcase in Nashville; the only one I've seen. It plays great and has a sound similar to an '61 SG. That may be because I put a Gibson '57 classic plus in the bridge position and a '57 classic in the neck, CTS pots, new Switchcraft hardware, and Hovland caps. I'll tell you that there isn't a sweeter sounding solid body around. playing clean is just killer and it will get nasty if you dial in the overdrive. I am extremely pleased with the feel. It's light and feels as nice to play as my Gibson Les Paul DC Pro with Burstbucker Pro pups. The sound is brighter and smoother with the '57's and gives a nice variation from the LP. I will say the stock pups sounded pretty darn good, but I bought this one for the different style and as a project to build.

Everyone is probably thinking, crap, the pups are worth more than the guitar; I found Gibson having as sale last year on pups two for the price of one and loaded up. I've been looking for a special body to put them in since then. For those who like pics, its on the left.

Oh, I also added a Bigsby B5 since the original had a tremolo.

Looks great, Burstbucker....congrats! Haven't seen ANY around these parts,

but then, I don't get to the stores all that much, anymore. The closest one is

in Wichita, and that's a 100 miles away. So...??? Was hoping they were still

available, through one of the "on line" retailers. Oh Well!!!

CB

Archived