Gibson Brands Forums

WTF>...?

TehLesPaulZorz

OK, on the one hand, there's really no need for thread titles like "WTF" and they probably aren't going to get the

best response...on the other, there's been a bit too much of the old guys talking down to the young'uns in the last

few days...

I don't have any problem with his reaction. "WTF" is a completely unrelated subject name and was only to get attention. I agree with him. The thread should have been named "50's vs 60's neck" or something. Furthermore, a quick search would have found the answer to this question.

Maybe I'm a young fart with the attitude of an old fart, but that's how I see it.

NP for my part, I'm also 8 years old. Except maybe the search function is getting kind of pointless with subject-titles like this. Yes, OP could have searched for the answer. That is if everyone had titled the subject appropiately. The diversity in unrelated (alltho at times very creative)subject-titles is running rampant lately.

Of course you can search for message content too. But for arguments sake we just leave that tiddy bit of info out.

OK' date=' on the one hand, there's really no need for thread titles like "WTF" and they probably aren't going to get the

best response...on the other, there's been a bit too much of the old guys talking down to the young'uns in the last

few days...[/quote']

I agree about the "talking down" part, BUT, at the same time, the younger crowd

should respect and understand that this is a "gentleman's forum" and everyone is expected

to behave in a responsible and civilized way, refraining from the use of expletives

(swear words for the ones that may not understand), and respecting the "elders"

opinions on this forum. If you take the combined experience in years of all the

posters who have been on this forum for a while, it amounts to "gold mine of

knowledge and experience, that no other forum (at least any of the ones

that I have visited), has to offer.

I go by the old adage.."if it was hard to learn, then it should be

just as hard to understand", and some explanation may be required".

Archived