Gibson Brands Forums

Watch you Pints and Quarts!

JEPI

Sorry Jepi,

We have metrics over here so I'm not sure whether it should be "Watch your L's & ML's" Litres & Megalitres" Doesn't quite work does it?

Thanks for the heads up though. (sorry for going on like a dill, feeling a bit frisky today)

Have a good'n

Dig

The Gibby Mods are slashing threads.....

I should have been more clear in my post. I was at the Gibby forum (I find it intersting that quite a few of those guys are modding there Gibbys) and there were some very interesting topics that were slashed for some 'unknown' reason. Some of the members are a bit irate to say the least. ........J

Hey' date=' you lot started all that rods and pecks and bushels, pints, quarts, etc. Just because you've gone all "continental" now, don't mean we have to.

[/quote']

Fair go Gary, it was the Europeans that started metric measurements. Can't blame us Aussies, we didn't change until about 1967.

It's funny how someone my age who was taught the imperial measurements can easily adapt to kilometers, kilos and such but I still think in feet and inches. I suppose when my generation dies out no one here will know any different.

Dig

I think the next time I go into my favourite pub, I will ask for a litre of ale. Is a "SET" of strings imperial or metric?

I bet George Carlin would have an opinion.

By the way I am sitting here having my 341 ml bottle of beer. Cheers.

Archived