Gibson Brands Forums

Whats your Fav Epipi You ever played/owned/Seen?

LaRouteDu

Yeah when these babies finally became available to the Canadian market I grabbed one as fast as I could.

G400M.jpg

...but it's still not on the same level as the Elitist '61 reissue.

Beautiful also. Now did yours come with the Grovers? JC's has the keystones. Mine has the gold kidney grovers thinking I might change mine to the Gibson gold plated keystones at some point. SGs just look wrong to me with the Grovers.

My Gibson is the red faded SG so I have black and red worked out ok, but everytime I see the red ones with the Maestro....GAS attack.

Beautiful also. Now did yours come with the Grovers? JC's has the keystones. Mine has the gold kidney grovers thinking I might change mine to the Gibson gold plated keystones at some point. SGs just look wrong to me with the Grovers.

My Gibson is the red faded SG so I have black and red worked out ok' date=' but everytime I see the red ones with the Maestro....GAS attack.[/quote']

Mine came with the chrome kidney Grovers. I changed them to the Grover Vintage Green Keystones, just for aesthetics. The originals worked fine.

Wow those are really nice. How much do those SG's run for now?

Unfortunately they aren't making them, it was a limited run. RotcanX knows more about the exact time run. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I have seen them on Ebay though, but not very often.

How much were they when they first came out?

I don't know what MF was selling them for, I bought mine in May of 2007. By then they weren't listed on MF, so I wound up paying $484 for it. I'm not complaining at all, but I'm sure they were less when they were more readily available. But then maybe not, I dunno. I got the last one at Motor City Guitar in Waterford, MI.

Is that what you call one of those fake Epis seen on fleabay?

Notes

You got it Notes. I made it last week after a batch of Fake-threads figuring I'd get a chance to throw that in. Of course no fake thread in sight this whole week...;)

how much do those SGs cost? The elist ones.

They don't make them any more, so whatever the seller is asking!

The best I've played was my LP, that's why I bought it!

BTW, how are the Elitist SGs? I really want one but I was scared outta Ebay when I was ripped off a while ago.

Did not played all Epi...but since I'm a Les Paul fanatic, I would say my LP Ultra is the best Epi I've ever played. I have to add that I don't like to play with Hollowbody guitars ( dot or sheraton or this style...) but it's not because I don't like them, that they are bad instruments...just a matter of personnal taste.

Did not played all Epi...but since I'm a Les Paul fanatic' date=' I would say my LP Ultra is the best Epi I've ever played. I have to add that I don't like to play with Hollowbody guitars ( dot or sheraton or this style...) but it's not because I don't like them, that they are bad instruments...just a matter of personnal taste.[/quote']

I understand what you mean...i just wish they made the les pauls bigger...

That just shot me probably ever getting anthing of value from someone on ebay again. How well did you research the seller. I can't imagine someone with a significant positive history rabbiting like that.

I don't think you can really research a seller past looking at their feedback. His feedback was pretty good' date=' at least as I remember.

unless hes from mexico (No offience im also of hispanic heritage) Then that 300 bucks is worthless to run off with.

Yeah, that's kind of why I trusted him becasue I didn't think it was worth it for $300. As far as I know, he was a normal resident of Illinois, and he just fled.

I understand what you mean...i just wish they made the les pauls bigger...

BIGGER Les Pauls? So you like want to hurt your back or something?!

helloªºyoo¡™£¢fromœ??åßß ßß O˜˜vaborded˜ççvƒ?®¥ˆøpin the kitchen ÷==µ˜?vvvççæ…¬°??©ƒ??ß‘“pøˆ¥†®´?œ¡™£¢8§¶•ªº–?

as one goes about his business he hears trumpets in his ßœ?ºªºººª.

Archived