Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Axcess

Wondo

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to host your pic on a hosting site like Photobucket.com It is free and easy to do. Upload your picture there and then copy the direct link. Then come here and click on the picture icon and paste your direct link in the provided window. Make sure to not duplicate the http://

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very impressed with my Axcess thus far; gritty but bright LP tone, perfect weight, and a pretty nice top to boot. Initial recording sessions with it have been fruitful; I've especially found the "tapped" position to be excellent for clean tones. Here's a pic from those sessions...

TheGangsallhere.jpg?t=1234112187

I'm very impressed with my Axcess thus far; gritty but bright LP tone' date=' perfect weight, and a pretty nice top to boot. Initial recording sessions with it have been fruitful; I've especially found the "tapped" position to be excellent for clean tones. Here's a pic from those sessions...

[img']http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/redaxis1/TheGangsallhere.jpg?t=1234112187[/img]

Nice! How do you like the Neal Schon in comparison to the Axcess!

The Axcess and the Neal Schon LP each seem to be capable of things the other isn't. The Axcess is fantastic at giving me gritty, almost "Slash" like pick attack and tone. As I mentioned earlier, the coil tap is great for clean tones, too. All in all, the Axcess is like my "vintage hot rod" LP; it offers plenty of nods to the classiness of the LP Standard, with the tricked out twist of the Floyd (which I've blocked...plan to add a DTuna) and the heel contour...

The Neal Schon is like a brand new sportscar, with all the bells and whistles. Its tone is a little darker than the Axcess, but very rich and throaty, regardless of where you are on the neck. Solos absolutely begged to be played on that neck, which is a little slimmer "top to bottom" than the Axcess, though both fit the hand nicely. The Sustainer is whisper quiet, but works like a charm. The DiMarzio Fast Track 2 offers incredible "Stratish" tones, and the Floyd (still floating) is smooth as glass.

Bottom Line: when I'm feeling "snarly" and looking for raw LP magic with the occasional divebomb, I pick up the Axcess. If I'm after "big top" rock tone and want to dominate the mix, I'll grab the Neal Schon...it's a very rare treat to be able to play both!

NealSchonLPandLPAxcess.jpg?t=1234223894

Thanks. Good summary. I really like the Schon LP. They are really hard to find!

The Axcess and the Neal Schon LP each seem to be capable of things the other isn't. The Axcess is fantastic at giving me gritty' date=' almost "Slash" like pick attack and tone. As I mentioned earlier, the coil tap is great for clean tones, too. All in all, the Axcess is like my "vintage hot rod" LP; it offers plenty of nods to the classiness of the LP Standard, with the tricked out twist of the Floyd (which I've blocked...plan to add a DTuna) and the heel contour...

The Neal Schon is like a brand new sportscar, with all the bells and whistles. Its tone is a little darker than the Axcess, but very rich and throaty, regardless of where you are on the neck. Solos absolutely begged to be played on that neck, which is a little slimmer "top to bottom" than the Axcess, though both fit the hand nicely. The Sustainer is whisper quiet, but works like a charm. The DiMarzio Fast Track 2 offers incredible "Stratish" tones, and the Floyd (still floating) is smooth as glass.

Bottom Line: when I'm feeling "snarly" and looking for raw LP magic with the occasional divebomb, I pick up the Axcess. If I'm after "big top" rock tone and want to dominate the mix, I'll grab the Neal Schon...it's a very rare treat to be able to play both!

[img']http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/redaxis1/NealSchonLPandLPAxcess.jpg?t=1234223894[/img]

Hi,

In this particular thread I have seen a mention of 1) Stop Tail LP Axcess' at Guitar Centers and 2) a Black Custom Axcess version at Wildwood. Can anyone substantiate this? I would love it if this were true but there is no mention of a Stop Tail Std. Axcess or Custom Axcess anywhere on Gibson's site. I do realize that early last year there seem to be "plans" for both but Gibson has only talked about the Floyd Rose Axcess Std. since then.

Anyone?

Mike

Well it is very true considering I own the Les Paul Axcess Custom and I have seen the Les Paul Axcess's with the stop tail pieces. I believe gibson was planning originally to release them as you stated above. However, after consideration decided not to. Whether this was to make more money or the other syles were not ready I am not sure. But yes they have come out with both at this moment however, in extremely limited runs.

Well it is very true considering I own the Les Paul Axcess Custom and I have seen the Les Paul Axcess's with the stop tail pieces. I believe gibson was planning originally to release them as you stated above. However' date=' after consideration decided not to. Whether this was to make more money or the other syles were not ready I am not sure. But yes they have come out with both at this moment however, in extremely limited runs. [/quote']How bout some pics of that Custom!!!!! You lucky devil. I am very pleased with both my IT and GM Axcess, They each have a distinct character and tone and I probably wouldn't trade them for anything at this point. But I would consider trading the GM for an ebony Custom on looks alone, that thing is gorgeous. Now how bout those pics!

I'm very impressed with my Axcess thus far; gritty but bright LP tone' date=' perfect weight, and a pretty nice top to boot. Initial recording sessions with it have been fruitful; I've especially found the "tapped" position to be excellent for clean tones. Here's a pic from those sessions...

[img']http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/redaxis1/TheGangsallhere.jpg?t=1234112187[/img]

i love the PC1 ( P.Collen's signature)...how does it sounds? +:-@

@ rat1well: very nice Axcess,i'd love to buy one in iguana green (is that her name? =D> ) or in red...

The PC1 plays like a dream; the neck is chunky, by far the biggest Jackson makes, but it still shreds. I'm not a big fan of the DiMarzio Super 3 in the bridge position; to my ear, it really needs a "scooped" amp EQ to really shine. But, overall, the guitar is a wonderful part of my collection!

Staxman' date='

Which Guitar Centers have the Stop Tail Axcesses? My local Guitar Centers said they have heard of no such thing. Are you sure they were Axcesses? Still hoping it's true but you seem to be the only one that has seen one.

Thanks

Mbrad2112[/quote']I am positive they were Axcess stoptails, no question. I held one in my hands and there were two more of them on display. It was the GC in Edina, MN, a suburb of Minneapolis. If you want to get one from them I'd be happy to play them all and give you my pick on the best one :-D. I'm a trem guy so my Floyd equipped Axcess is good for me.

Well it is very true considering I own the Les Paul Axcess Custom and I have seen the Les Paul Axcess's with the stop tail pieces. I believe gibson was planning originally to release them as you stated above. However' date=' after consideration decided not to. Whether this was to make more money or the other syles were not ready I am not sure. But yes they have come out with both at this moment however, in extremely limited runs. [/quote']

How about some pics!!!??? Thanks!!!!

Wow! Very nice!! I love the abalone inlays.

My plan is to put grovers on it as well as pickup covers' date=' switch the knobs to black speed knobs, put strap locks on it and my guitar tech is going to install a tremolno for alternate tunings. [/quote']

The PC1 plays like a dream; the neck is chunky' date=' by far the biggest Jackson makes, but it still shreds. I'm not a big fan of the DiMarzio Super 3 in the bridge position; to my ear, it really needs a "scooped" amp EQ to really shine. But, overall, the guitar is a wonderful part of my collection![/quote']

and it has a really beautiful top !!!

i'd like to buy one in red quilted top

Archived