Gibson Brands Forums

Custom, Standard, or Goldtop?

SkEpTiKaL

With all these SG vs LP and Epi vs Gibson threads lately, I thought I would stir up some chaos of my own. I've always been saying I want this-and-that guitar, or comparing two, so here we go again. Been looking lately at the Elitist line, and I was looking mostly at the LP Custom, 57 GoldTop, and LP Standard. Love all three, and they're all around the same price range (Standard is $100 more at MF). I know some of you have to have some opinion-swaying points one way or another. So do you prefer the bling of the Custom, the timeless beauty of the Standard, or the classy, traditional look of the GoldTop? Who knows, the results of this poll may just generate enough GAS for me to bring home an Elitist LP. =P~

I have an LP Standard that I just dropped a DiMarzio Super D in the bridge and a DiMarzio Evolution 158 in the neck. Along with my LP Ultra II with Seymour Duncan 59s, they are my 2 favorite guiatrs. Can't really say thatI actually prefer one over the other. Kinda depends on if I'm Dr. Jekkyl or Mr. Hyde at the time.

Oh yea, I voted for the standard

i choose standard....

good sound

nice color ( ebony )

stainless bridge and tune-o-matic, pick up

btw FOR STAN58... ( Dude.. i bought EPI LP Standard finally.. based on topic "NEWBIE NEED ADVICE FROM GRAND MASTERS... les paul custom or standard plus, china or korea??? " i'll show you soon i'll make new thread next time... there's some changes from the ussual look, i had to took off the pickguard and circle ring in the pick up selector )

Archived