Gibson Brands Forums

GAS Anyone?

layboomo

You can use V's to point the way/direction lol.

Never liked them although Jimi Hendrix used one on 'Red House' at The Isle of Wight on august 30th 1970.

Albert King, Lonnie Mack used V's and now Poppa.

They can sound great, as do Explorers, but they are not my cup of tea.

Peter

You can use V's to point the way/direction lol.

Never liked them although Jimi Hendrix used one on 'Red House' at The Isle of Wight on august 30th 1970.

Albert King' date=' Lonnie Mack used V's and now Poppa.

They can sound great, as do Explorers, but they are not my cup of tea.

Peter[/quote']

Yeah I hear ya it's never been my favorite guitar either.....but I thought it was an interesting guitar for $499 with the P-90's.

Nice looking...

I had untill lately a Gibson Flying V 1967 reissue. To be honest it's not a great guitar.

Not what you should expect from a Gibson anyway.

I always had to mess with te sound it produced. The neck is at a Gigson"studio" quality level, not more, poor action and poor playability, compared with a SG . I think that Albert King was playing a tottaly different instrument.

I don't regret it....

I just can't seem to dig a guitar that I couldn't play sitting down. Besides, even though the rational part of me knows how deep the V's roots are in blues, I always expect anyone playing a V to be all like "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah brah!" and totally rip out some face-melting speed metal riffs. Not really my style.

OK' date=' that's hawt.[/quote']

Well someone liked it enough to snag it! That one's gone. I just thought it was a cool idea when you think about all of the guy's who have used V's to play blues on......the P-90 thing kinda makes sense to me. My big issue is that I don't have the hair(anymore) for a V ? You need big hair to play a V and look cool! LOL!

Archived