Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Custom P90 LTD

Glenn F

Hi there,

This is my first-time here. I have been thinking about buying one of the Epi LPs with P90s (I can still get a Goldtop, if I wish, though my first thought is the LP Custom P90 LTD). Thing is, I have only seen the latter at a few stores here in Europe, and have seen nothing about them on the Epiphone model display pages.

Does anyone have any experience with this model? It isn't a counterfeit, is it?

Here is a pic, if I can get it to work: Gold hardware, very nice looking and playing guitar.

319619_800.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Glenn

• 1 month later...

I have no experience in this either. Thomann.de seems to be selling them so it is very unlikely that it would be a counterfeit. 400e+20e for shipping is a good deal for a Epi LP Custom. I'm thinking about getting one for modding.

Hi Glenn, I have the very same guitar. It is a limited edition...I have found a couple for sale in Canada but I have not heard of anyone owning one in th USA. It is a GREAT sounding and playing guitar. The P90s make the guitar sing...great midrange 'bark' and shimmering highs... I prefer the sound of the P90s to the humbuckers. If you can find it...buy it

Eric

Hi there' date='

This is my first-time here. I have been thinking about buying one of the Epi LPs with P90s (I can still get a Goldtop, if I wish, though my first thought is the LP Custom P90 LTD). Thing is, I have only seen the latter at a few stores here in Europe, and have seen nothing about them on the Epiphone model display pages.

[/quote']

FWIW The LTD editions are never featured on Epiphone's website, alltho they may have been anounced in the news section at some point.

Guitar is looking good, there's also a Custom antique finish if I recall correct.

• 1 month later...

Greetings from Vancouver, BC. Bluefish here and I am blessed to have just purchased this same guitar brand new from a local retailer. It was mis-labeled at a much lower cost that it should have been, I brought it to their attention and they granted me the sale, and threw in a new Elitist standard case at no cost. Merry Christmas indeed!

It becomes a stable mate to my other LP, a Standard with Seth Lovers. As I'm new to the forum, I'm not sure how to post pics so any help would be great, thanks!

Bluefish

Wow, I can't say that I've ever seen one of them before, but that is a very cool looking guitar. Like the others said, I doubt very much that it is a counterfeit since there are a few here who have bought it from an authorized dealer. So all I can say is, if you can get it, buy it! I'll bet those P90s sound great!

About 6 months or so ago musiciansfriends had them on clearance/blow out, I think they were $299? may have been $399..just can't remember, anyway was a very good deal. I was wanting one but just couldn't justify to the wife why I needed another Les Paul.

They seem to be the same as the gold top, just black instead.

I think you would enjoy the P-90 sound...the P-90s are one of the best pick ups Epi puts out, I have a pair on my WildKat and love how they sound on it!

If you get one just remember to post a pic and tell us how you like it.

Capt

• 1 year later...

If anyone ever sees one of these for sale then you must let me know immediately (there might be a finders fee in it for you!!) because I think that I'll die if I don't get one............the GAS hurts so much [thumbup]

If anyone ever sees one of these for sale then you must let me know immediately (there might be a finders fee in it for you!!) because I think that I'll die if I don't get one............the GAS hurts so much :-

Seriously!! A BB with P-90's!?! OMG!! [thumbup]

HOW COME NO ONE EVER MENTIONED THIS GUITAR OR THREAD TO ME BEFORE?!!!!!![scared]

You all know how I feel about Black Beauties!

Sheila

PS - Does it come with chrome hardware?[scared]

Archived