Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Alleykat For Sale

alleykat35

ah who cares! it's an epi. its for sale. price is ok. guitar looks good.

they don't sell these anymore that I've seen, too. so he could be doing someone a favor.

pic doesn't show the top very well.

maybe I'll buy it. I need to stick another bigsby on something.

*L*

tWANG

yeah, it's a figure of speech, in the first place, not requiring a reply.

and you care, why exactly?

is it that you have no sympathy for someone who needs to sell a guitar?

or you dont' care if anyone in here wants one at a good price?

or perhaps you think an internet forum for guitars is a holy sacred place requiring a form be filled out, interviews conducted and approval

by a board of one?

Lighten up, we're all in this together.

or, you could read the best color tennis shoes to match my t shirt thread instead!

*s*

TWANG

I'll tell you exactally why I care, not that I need to explain myself to you, I have no problem with regualr contributing members mentioning they have a guitar for sale. However I do have a problem with people just coming on here to sell stuff. Its no different than the people who try to hawk there sports wear on this forum.

So why don't you lighten up. believe it or not nobody cares about your opinion anymore then they do about mine.

I'll tell you exactally why I care' date=' not that I need to explain myself to you, I have no problem with regualr contributing members mentioning they have a guitar for sale. However I do have a problem with people just coming on here to sell stuff. Its no different than the people who try to hawk there sports wear on this forum.

So why don't you lighten up. believe it or not nobody cares about your opinion anymore then they do about mine.[/quote']

humm.. i care less about yours now... :)

Didnt mean to get you all ruffled up.....didnt join this forum to sell a guitar...I joined because I like guitars and have hung out with some great guitarist in my day and was hoping to get some pointers on playing.......BUT it just so happened that I need to sell the guitar to pay some bills.....but I am guessing that never happens to you????

If no one else has ever hit a rough spot in the road and needed help....they are damn lucky. I see nothing wrong with your post...now if you starting doing it every other week it would be a different story. Hope everything works out, and if it wasn't for the time of year and my own rough spot...wouldn't mind adding that guitar to my little herd here.

Capt

Didnt mean to get you all ruffled up.....didnt join this forum to sell a guitar...I joined because I like guitars and have hung out with some great guitarist in my day and was hoping to get some pointers on playing.......BUT it just so happened that I need to sell the guitar to pay some bills.....but I am guessing that never happens to you????

Then tell us how much you want for it. You're asking us to drive the auction price up by bidding on it.

Then tell us how much you want for it. You're asking us to drive the auction price up by bidding on it.

I would take 350.00 shipped..... I didnt put it on here to drive up the price or a bidding war as I have a buy it now on there... I know what the guitar is worth and I dont think people who know what they are looking at are not gonna bid over a certain amount. ....Like I said I wasnt looking to ruffle feathers on here but this Forum is the first one I have seen for Hobbiest or enthusiest that doesnt have a For Sale section:-s

• 2 weeks later...

I have questions about the Alleykat. If this is the wrong thread, please redirect me.

I'm learning Chicago blues & have been practicing on my faithful Strat. I'm looking for an instrument with a fuller, rounder sound - think BB King - and have played both the Epi Dot and Alleykat. I like the smaller Alleykat body.

1. Which of the moderately priced Epi's would produce that Chicago blues sound the best?

2. If the Alleykat is an option, I need to learn more about it. Pros/cons. I know it's discontinued, but I played a new one yesterday at a local music store. It was in Heritage Cherry Sunburst. Did the Alleykat ever come in other colors like the Dot's Natural or Cherry finishes?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Archived