Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Polish Packs. Which One?

Geetar_Axl

Hey Guys,

I need some polish for when I get the Paul, the sea breaze will kill it if I dont polish it Neo said. What pack is good? Vintage Reissue Kit would be good, since it has everything you need?

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20Gear/Accessories/Instrument%20Care%20Products/

Also, where can you get some soft polish cloths? Auto Store? How often should you throw them away and use a new one?

Thanks

Gibson's fretboard conditioner works well but for polish, Virtuoso all the way baby. Can't beat that stuff. I just bought metal cleaner from a local store, it works just fine. Don't need nuthin' fancy.

EDIT Oh, and micro fiber cloths, don't forget to use only those !

My favorite micro fiber polishing cloths are sold at Lowe's in the paint department. Look for Norton microfiber polishing clots (next to the sandpaper, go figure). They have a red one that's okay, but the blue one looks like terrycloth and is fantastic. The blue ones are sold as "wet" cloths but they work dry or wet.

Just wipe the guitar off after you play, and you don't have to worry about spray bottles unless things get ugly.

In a moment of extreme geekness I got a grey plush microfiber cloth (Dean Markely brand) at the guitar store because it matches the lining of my Epiphone case. But honestly, people make less fun of you with one of the nice blue cloths from the big box store. They're cheap enough to get a few; keep one on the guitar rack/stand in your basement and one in each guitar case.

Virtuoso, for sure! Do an internet search for Virtuoso, their website will come up.

Fretboard, I use Fret Doctor, it's the best!

Don't go overboard with the polishes, though.

I just wipe my guitars down after use with a dry microfiber cloth.

Every once in a while, I wash the cloth...that's it.

I would go for the pump polish also and the Gibson cloths. I use them on both my Gibson's however DONT use the polish on the back of the neck as you will soon be posting a topic called "Why is my neck sticky"...

Alot have people have suffered from a sticky neck (No this isnt a joke) and Iam 100% convinced it is a result of using this polish on the neck...

If the LP is new you wont be needing fret board conditioner for some time....

Just stick with the Polish for now..

Regards

Flight959

Ok' date=' but I'll need fretboard conditioner? like the Luithers Choise?[/quote']

Do you need fretboard cleaner? Probably not but it won't hurt to clean it very occasionally. If it's really dry where you live you might want o do it more often but it's not critical. Luithers Choice is good stuff tho -

Mostly I just wipe the metal parts off. Have to be really narly for me to bother cleaning but you can just use a cleaner formulated for the type of metal you have.

Archived