Gibson Brands Forums

Help me out :)

TomDelonge182

Hey guys, so ive been playing for about a year now, just messing around with some punk rock, and ive gotten bored of most of the songs i know [-o< And since im haveing some trouble finding some good songs to learn, i was wondering if you guys could give me a few good songs i should attempt. Thanks a lot.

What I do is listen to my normal music and every once and a while you will hear a song that you will like to play. then you go to ultimate guitar.com and look up the tab. The thing is that you have to like the song you are playing or else you will get bored with it in not time. I would suggest picking an easy song from a band you like and work up from there. as you advance more and more songs will open up to you and you will not have a problem with finding songs.

also you have to give us a style of music so that we can give songs that you will want to play.

Stooges (i wanna be your dog) Awesome tune and Nirvana's Smell like Teen spirit is great and easy and the solo is easy. I have a full video lesson on how to play if you want it. Full tabs in pdf format too. PM me now my computer is working again! (Blown motherboard)

Its a big file about 85mb so i guess i have to compress it to send it by mail??? That i might need help with as crap with computer stuff lol.

If you're into punk/pop-punk then just play the same four power chords randomly and you'll have soon learnt the entire back catalogue of Green Day, Sum 41 etc. Sorry, cheap joke. :-({|=/

Anyway, I know what you mean about losing inspiration. I found I end up playing the same songs over and over.

Not sure if it's your thing, but I bought a Line 6 JM4 looper yesterday, which is great to freshen up your practising. You can jam over drum loops, pre-recorded jam tracks, or even yourself (using a record/overdub feature). Probably better for blues/rock than punk though.

You should give writing your own stuff a shot. Once I started getting bored with the covers I knew in high school, I started writing my own songs and never really looked back. I've been in original bands ever since, and only just now, 10 years later, have I even considered playing a cover. We're thinking of bringing one or maybe two covers into our set. But aside from goofing on a riff or two to warm up at practice, I rarely ever play other people's music anymore. I find playing something I wrote to be far more musically fulfilling, even if it is far less financially lucrative, LOL!

Archived