Gibson Brands Forums

seems to me like

iansmitchell

All of epi's awesome ideas don't get the promotion and sales they deserve.

Like the EZ-bender

Epiactive pickups

The semi-hollow les paul

The wild kat

The flamekat(great idea, but like the BFG, it just didn't work out)

the SG juniors(these were really nice, I'd pay $250 for one, and they're probably cheaper to produce than the vintage G-400s that sell for $300)

I mean, they could make things just SO MUCH better for the lower end guitar buyers...

Did Epi ever make an SG Jr with a set neck? 'Cause I've got one of the bolt-ons (single P90) and it's never been much more than trouble.

The bridge/tailpiece tilted in the wood (forget intonation) till one of the bushings pulled completely free. I replaced the unit & both bushings which solved the problem, but I also need the neck straightened at least once every 2 - 3 months because it keeps curling like a frito. The truss rod is not broken or detatched (nor do I tune to anything other than standard pitch), but in addition to the recurring bow, it twists too. The bowing I can repair, but the twisting I leave to a local tech.

Essentially a piece of junk. Not even sure why I keep it...maybe as a reminder that Epiphone has built their fair share of "dogs". Fortunately, both of my Les Pauls are much better instruments.

I was tempted by the ez bender..then it went out of production.

I was tempted by the f hole paul, too.

I thought the flamekat should have had round dice knobs..as the most common complaint was the square knob look and the dice idea

itself would have been enough. just roll sevens every time...something like that.

TWANG

Archived