Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD 2 me - SG JR

Amino Moore

Just picked this up yesterday at a music store that is going out of business. She's in really good shape, only a slight ding and a few belt buckle scratches. The serial dates it to 1999 and this one has the somewhat rare intonateable bridge. I've seen it on a few of the older LP JR's. Needs a cleanp and new strings but man does that P 90 growl through my Palomino V32!

SGJRcloseup.jpg

Looks just like mine! Except I have the original wraparound bridge. I also replaced the tuners with Gotohs. What kind of tuners are on yours? If they are the stock ones, you may want to put some new ones on. The stock tuners generally suck.

Mine's a 1997. The serial # starts with a J.

Anyway, welcome to the club! Great score I think your'e going to really like it.

I seem to like mine more and more, each time I play it. =D>

[DSC00084-3.jpg/i]

Looks just like mine! Except I have the original wraparound bridge. I also replaced the tuners with Gotohs. What kind of tuners are on yours? If they are the stock ones' date=' you may want to put some new ones on. The stock tuners generally suck.

Mine's a 1997. The serial # starts with a J.

Anyway, welcome to the club! Great score I think your'e going to really like it.

I seem to like mine more and more, each time I play it. :)

[i'][DSC00084-3.jpg/i]

Thanks Brad. It is all stock for now. I will definitely be looking for replacement tuners. It's interesting to note that even with the same model only 2 years apart there are differences between your SG and mine. Besides the bridge the bevel cut on yours on the lower side is nearly concentric with the pickguard profile where mine is clearly not. The vol & tone knobs on both are in a straight line but I have seen some that are closer to the edge and seem to follow the shape of the guitar. Epiphones have so many variants on every model, probably due to the use of several different factories. I do really like the tone very nice for slide and I can even get close to an early AC/DC tone ala "It's A Long Way To The Top"

SGJRcloseup.jpg

Ron, I have $120 in it with a gig bag. She 'aint green but she sure is sweet. Now I have to name her. Better spend some more time with her first.

Archived