Gibson Brands Forums

just got back from GC

Mash94

It was amazing!! I got to try out the traditional and fell in love with it! The neck feels perfect in my hands and the Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish was stunning. I also saw and got to play a silverburst just like Silverbursted's and saw an R9 just like Tim's (ok maybe not as beautiful but you get my point) that was unfortunately out of my reach and no one wanted to help me (damn this 14-year old body). the only thing I didn't like about the traditional was the TRC but that can be removed. Let the penny-pinching begin!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YEEESSSSSSSS........I feel it!!!.....I feel it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seemed to like the traditional more and it felt great! I can't control it I kept taking pics and the GC guy that finally showed up said "hey, you're gonna fade the finish KID" I thought I was gonna go postal on that guy!! Later on I asked him to help me get the R9 and he said "KID, I don't trust you with that" I'm gonna shoot that guy I sware!

I seemed to like the traditional more and it felt great! I can't control it I kept taking pics and the GC guy that finally showed up said "hey' date=' you're gonna fade the finish KID" I thought I was gonna go postal on that guy!! Later on I asked him to help me get the R9 and he said "KID, I don't trust you with that" I'm gonna shoot that guy I sware![/quote']

What a ******........

The guys at my local GC are totally cooooo

What a ******........

The guys at my local GC are totally cooooo

The ones at the one by my house are really chill I'm on vacation in Orlando and was experiencing withdrawal so I went there to get a hit

The ones at the one by my house are really chill I'm on vacation in Orlando and was experiencing withdrawal so I went there to get a hit

haha right on, I'm in mine at least once every 2 weeks. I woulds go more but its far awayish.

Later on I asked him to help me get the R9 and he said "KID' date=' I don't trust you with that" I'm gonna shoot that guy I sware![/quote']

Hey Mash, when you finally do get ready to buy, make sure you walk up to that guy and ask him to his face if there is ANYONE else in the store that will sell you a Gibson. Then step back and snicker. What a sh*t head.

Great idea silverbursted!! too bad I won't be buying here because its in Orlando and I live 3 hours away.

oilpit' date=' thats cool! I get my permit in 9 months[/quote']

When I got my permit It was the COOLEST thing that ever happened to me.

Make sure your parents let u drive around.

I seemed to like the traditional more and it felt great! I can't control it I kept taking pics and the GC guy that finally showed up said "hey' date=' you're gonna fade the finish KID" I thought I was gonna go postal on that guy!! Later on I asked him to help me get the R9 and he said "KID, I don't trust you with that" I'm gonna shoot that guy I sware![/quote']

im gonna be the **** here.

that is one (of many) reason i hate GC. no offense, but when i go in there to play a guitar, I am in there to buy. nothing is more irritating than all the teenagers who sit there and play their over distorted crapola thru the Marshall SS amps...it absolutely makes it impossible to get any real feel for the guitar's tonal capabilites. i have NEVER seen anyone under the age of 20 spend more than $50 in a GC. they just go in there aand **** up all the guitars and then buy a cord and a couple picks. i wouldnt trust a 15 yo with a $5200 guitar either, sorry.

if you cant afford it, then you shouldnt touch it.

that is one (of many) reason i hate GC. no offense' date=' but when i go in there to play a guitar, I am in there to buy. nothing is more irritating than all the teenagers who sit there and play their over distorted crapola thru the Marshall SS amps...it absolutely makes it impossible to get any real feel for the guitar's tonal capabilites. i have NEVER seen anyone under the age of 20 spend more than $50 in a GC. they just go in there aand **** up all the guitars and then buy a cord and a couple picks. i wouldnt trust a 15 yo with a $5200 guitar either, sorry.

if you cant afford it, then you shouldnt touch it. [/quote']

I disagree, if the guitars were for buyers only it would be a totally different store.

They can not let you play a guitar like they did with mash. They have no problem letting people dink around and if you actually want to hear an amp or guitar they ALL have quiet rooms.

I disagree' date=' if the guitars were for buyers only it would be a totally different store.

They can not let you play a guitar like they did with mash. They have no problem letting people dink around and if you actually want to hear an amp or guitar they ALL have quiet rooms.[/quote']

if you dont have 5k,then you dont need to play it. it is a fact that the guitars in GC get completely dented and scratched...i have seen kids, and it is always kids, drop guitars, bang them into amps and knock them off the wall holders. unless you have the cash to repair/replace an R9, then really dont have any right to play them.

Thats one of the main reasons I don't buy customs or anything of real value from GC I don't want a R9 that 500 kids with gas and no money have been playing every two hours because someday they want one. They lock those guitars up for a very good reason.

I looked at a nice R0 in a GC a few weeks backs and it had dozens of heavy scratches from a watch or ??? and belt buckle rash like a well gigged guitar. They had it discounted several hundred dollars and will never sell it for full cost. Now the kid that did that (a 16 year old per Mgr.) should be working there till it's paid for and the salesman that let him should have been fired, and the kids parents should be smacked up side the head for not raising the kid right.

Theres a lot of luxury items you can't try before you buy and guitars should be in that category until your at the stage of pay for it or walk away.

that is one (of many) reason i hate GC. no offense' date=' but when i go in there to play a guitar, I am in there to buy. nothing is more irritating than all the teenagers who sit there and play their over distorted crapola thru the Marshall SS amps...it absolutely makes it impossible to get any real feel for the guitar's tonal capabilites. i have NEVER seen anyone under the age of 20 spend more than $50 in a GC. they just go in there aand **** up all the guitars and then buy a cord and a couple picks. i wouldnt trust a 15 yo with a $5200 guitar either, sorry.

if you cant afford it, then you shouldnt touch it. [/quote']

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I disagree' date=' if the guitars were for buyers only it would be a totally different store.

They can not let you play a guitar like they did with mash. They have no problem letting people dink around and if you actually want to hear an amp or guitar they ALL have quiet rooms.[/quote']

Tell you what. When you get your driving permit in 2 weeks, walk into your nearest Dodge dealer, feed them that line, and see if they let you take a HEMI Charger for a rip. After all, if the cars were for buyers only...

Make sure to post some pictures of you doing donuts in the parking lot. beavisnbutthead.gif

Tell you what. When you get your driving permit in 2 weeks' date=' walk into your nearest Dodge dealer, feed them that line, and see if they let you take a HEMI Charger for a rip. After all, if the cars were for buyers only...

Make sure to post some pictures of you doing donuts in the parking lot. [img']http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/beavisnbutthead.gif[/img]

thats funny, i was going make a very similar analogy

Tell you what. When you get your driving permit in 2 weeks' date=' walk into your nearest Dodge dealer, feed them that line, and see if they let you take a HEMI Charger for a rip. After all, if the cars were for buyers only...

Make sure to post some pictures of you doing donuts in the parking lot. [img']http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/beavisnbutthead.gif[/img]

I already have my permit, licence in two weeks.

get it right jesus!

lol

Archived