Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD To Me ! Photos Added !!

sexygibson

I just traded a Gibby L.P. Studio VM for a L.P. Special Doublecut in T.V. Yellow equipped with P-90s. So far I'm loving it ! The neck is a 60s slim taper, which I prefer, and those P-90s just growl ! I will try to get photos up over the weekend.

Nice! Definitely a good trade. I never cared for the vintage mahogany LPs, but the P90 specials have a great tone to them! I had an epi one for a little while back in high school, and traded it in on a doubleneck. In retrospect, I wish I had kept it. I didn't really know what I had back then... It was a sweet guitar! Congrats on the new stick, here's to many years of enjoyment!

I'm surprised that they are so expensive given their Spartan appearance.

I have one just like it...it was 1/2 the price they are now, just 5 years ago. A Gibosn '61 SG (re-issue),

was $1200, then, and the normal SG "Standard" was $800! Now...LOL!! Great stuff, all...

but, "the prices!!!" ;>b

CB

I have one just like it...it was 1/2 the price they are now' date=' just 5 years ago. A Gibosn '61 SG (re-issue),

was $1200, then, and the normal SG "Standard" was $800! Now...LOL!! Great stuff, all...

but, "the prices!!!" ;>b

CB[/quote']

But way more expensive than the maple top nitro-finished Guitar of the Month double-cut models? Crazy!

But way more expensive than the maple top nitro-finished Guitar of the Month double-cut models? Crazy!

LOL! Well, I was just comparing Then, to Now! I'm quite sure (most of) our wages didn't go up, in the same

percentages, as Gibson raised their prices..especially in the last 2 years! That's NUTS, even for

them! ;>b But, maybe they're like the Saudi Oil Companies...raise 'em, let us complain...THEN get used to

it, and raise them, some more! LOL! Of course, I've haven't seen Gibson DROP their prices, across the board,

lately. They always seem to raise them, instead. I think that's where the "Elitist" went...to Gibson...in attitude,

anyway. LOL! I know it does no good to "vent," but...at least "I" feel better! ;>)

CB

Thanks guys ! I really like the T.V. yellow finish but it is so thin that it is really wearing in some places. I'm thinking that in the future I may consider sanding it down to a natural finish and putting a clear coat in it, add some gold-top tone knobs and gold hardware. Thats all in the future though.

Thanks guys ! I really like the T.V. yellow finish but it is so thin that it is really wearing in some places. I'm thinking that in the future I may consider sanding it down to a natural finish and putting a clear coat in it' date=' add some gold-top tone knobs and gold hardware. Thats all in the future though.[/quote']

Of if you decide to yellow it again, the current auto paints are tough as hell. And you can wax them with car wax!

Archived