Gibson Brands Forums

Peace

Duffy

Like John Lennon sang, "Let's Give Peace a Chance". Let's try to start over and make something great out of our great forum.

Peace is where it's at at this point. Let's bury the hatchet and try to move forward with courtesy, respect and a positive approach instead of the hostility we have allowed ourselves to engage in.

Lister, the way I see it, you are a wise and good man that I would like to meet someday. Your wisdom has been outstanding in the middle of the fray. We all should have listened more intently and moderated ourselves, our own posts, my own posts.

I'm going to try to express my amateur ideas and hopefully helpful information with dignity and respect and try to be a member that can be respected.

I come from the old school hippy generation and I should remember where I come from and engage those principles in my current situations instead of being hostile. Peace is the best way to go. I believe in Peace and will strive to hold up my end and practice my principles and values that I grew up with.

I'm going to do my part to make this a place people will want to be and maybe come back to.

Some nice Epiphones:

Epiphone SG copy of a Gibson '66 Standard SG, without the P90s and of course other elements not found on the Gibson model copied. A great guitar with the stock hot pickups and a way more fabulous finish than it looks in the picture. I've got a bolt on ESP '08 Viper "Black Cherry" that sounds just as good, plays as good, feels as good, if not better. ESP LTD that is. Some nice guitars as well.

P1010146.jpg

Birdseye maple cap Epiphone LP Standard, excuse the dust, should have cleaned it up for the pics. Great sounding and playing and feeling Epiphone, believe me.

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

And a watchful eye from Nigella, mother of 10, 10 day old Lab/Newfoundland pups.

P1010017.jpg

Peace,

Duffy

Winfield, Pa.

Thanks Jeffery.

The pictures don't do the birdseye cap justice and I definitely should have polished it up real good because the flash really makes things show up.

In dim light the "Birdseye" looks almost black or solid deep burgundy wine. When it catches the light, especially sunlight the wine red birdseye cap really stands out strikingly. Those are the "hot rodded" Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck and JB in the bridge and it is a great guitar.

That was, from my perspective, the first really nice guitar I owned and still own. It's special to me. I got it for a great price brand new from M123, n/affl.

The mom Lab is being a great mother to the ten pups and my three month old pure bred Newfoundland puppy gets right in with the pups and helps out; at least he thinks he's helping out. Those Newfoundlands are awesome dogs and really really smart. They bark to let you know they want things. Very mellow and sweet, like some of our favorite guitars.

Thanks for the compliments on the mom.

Duffy

Winfield, Pa.

"Dear Mister Fantasy play us a song; something to make us all happy." as by Al Kooper and Mike Bloomfield.

Thanks for the compliments on Nigella, the mom.

Yeah. Someone was pressuring me for some pics ad I didn't clean up the guitars. The flash on the digital camera really really picks up every speck of dust and dirt. I'll try to be more conscious of this in future pics.

Duffy

Nice looking guitars! The SG brings back memories of the one I traded on my Strat. I wish I had kept that one. It was exactly like the one you posted... drool.

Someone once said that one man's junk is another man's treasure. We all need to realize that everyone has different tastes and this is reflected in the guitars that we own. I think that any differences that we discuss need to be tempered with tact.

Peace Duffy.........great looking guitars, and the Lab looks soooo much like my baby girl that I could almost cry.

She had such severe epilepsy, that it became untreatable, no amount of phenobarb and liquid potassium could control it. She had an aneurysm during her last seizure and had to be put to sleep........she was only 4.

I've got some really great k-9 companions now, and am of the firm belief that if people were as kind and honest

as dogs are by nature, this world would be trouble free.(and we could hump any leg we wanted to*L*)

Thanks sincerely for trying to bring civility back to (what CAN be)a really nice forum.

I sympathize with you Bender For Life, I had a 100 lb Black Lab, Nigel, that developed epilepsi out of the blue at about 8 and died in about 6 months; uncontrollable, had to have him put down, couldn't stand to see him suffer. Great dog, never in a fight in his life, peaceful, charged right into the big breaking ocean waves to get the stick or tennis ball. Well remembered.

Another picture of the SG:

CroppedSD.jpg

Like John Lennon sang' date=' "Let's Give Peace a Chance". Let's try to start over and make something great out of our great forum.

Peace is where it's at at this point. Let's bury the hatchet and try to move forward with courtesy, respect and a positive approach instead of the hostility we have allowed ourselves to engage in.

Duffy

Winfield, Pa.[/quote']

and peace be with you

Anywhoo, here's our other son Tobe-chompers..... We gave him the nick name chompers, because he used to chomp at ankles when he was a pup... As you can see he has his own little couch in the patio.... Great companion

60049.jpg

And here's the rest of the family this last Halloween, (minus the better half)... Myself and our three other monsters nearly ate ourselves into insulin shock with all the candy:-&

114966.jpg

Archived