Gibson Brands Forums

The perfect guitar

davidg3333

Just making sure I knew if there was an enemy here.

Knowing how you feel about OSU (Not Oregon State)' date=' I gather you are a MEEEchigan fan???

If so, then I have to say that I might be your enemy, especially in this Tuesday evening.

Why? Because I am all about "GO MSU SPARTANS!!!" :-

(It'll be a good BBall game. Mich played well at UConn and they are still improving!!!)

[Edit'] Ooops, I promised above that I would shut up, didn't I... Sorry...=;

Knowing how you feel about OSU (Not Oregon State)' date=' I gather you are a MEEEchigan fan???

If so, then I have to say that I might be your enemy, especially in this Tuesday evening.

Why? Because I am all about "GO MSU SPARTANS!!!" =D>

(It'll be a good BBall game. Mich played well at UConn and they are still improving!!!)

[Edit'] Ooops, I promised above that I would shut up, didn't I... Sorry...:-#

I grew up in southern Ohio and still loved Michigan.

After moving TO Michigan, I discovered that, I do not dislike MSU because of their sports, but because of the school in general. Long story, one nobody here wants to get into.

If you're a fan of Ohio State or Michigan State, more power to ya, but y'ain't my friend.

The daisy rock stuff is actually VERY well made' date=' especially for its' price point. That company's whole philosophy is to make affordable, well playing guitars for girls, to get more girls into playing music.

The Squier, I can't speak from experience... I haven't played that particular model. I have owned 2 Squier bullet strats, and both were maybe a step above "okay". I can't imagine that I would have ever chosen either (as a single choice, anyway) in a well stocked music store with thousands of spendable dollars in pocket... [/quote']

Daisy Rock is missing a huge part of the guitar playing population by only making guitars that appeal to young girls. I wouldn't mind having a Daisy Rock solidbody; I hear that they are very playable. However, playing a pink glitter singlecut with stars for fret markers would put a pretty big dent in my......masculinity.

Daisy Rock is missing a huge part of the guitar playing population by only making guitars that appeal to young girls. I wouldn't mind having a Daisy Rock solidbody; I hear that they are very playable. However' date=' playing a pink glitter singlecut with stars for fret markers would put a pretty big dent in my......masculinity.[/quote']

Hey, I say rock it out. I bought a special edition hot pink Crybaby wah from GC just BECAUSE it was pink... I rocked it proudly. I would also be willing to play a pink strat. I would rock out on that pink epi LP, if it wasn't a Twisted Sister model. Pink guitars are fine, but Twisted Sister? That's just gay.

Daisy Rock is missing a huge part of the guitar playing population by only making guitars that appeal to young girls. I wouldn't mind having a Daisy Rock solidbody; I hear that they are very playable. However' date=' playing a pink glitter singlecut with stars for fret markers would put a pretty big dent in my......masculinity.[/quote']

Forget that. Girl rockers are by no means an over-served demographic. It's about sending a message that it's ok for a girl to want to learn the guitar, telling her she's not alone, and overall easing the culture-shock girls who want to play electric rock guitar can experience.

Besides, boys, if you're not man enough to rock out with some pink sparkles and pretty stars, you're not man enough, period.

Forget that. Girl rockers are by no means an over-served demographic. It's about sending a message that it's ok for a girl to want to learn the guitar' date=' telling her she's not alone, and overall easing the culture-shock girls who want to play electric rock guitar can experience.

Besides, boys, if you're not man enough to rock out with some pink sparkles and pretty stars, you're not man enough, period. [/quote']

I've seen some girl rockers who impressed me. Susan Tedeschi (sp?) is one.

I'd not dare to go on stage playing a pink guitar myself. I'd be scared my wrist would go limp and I couldn't make barre chords. (grin). Aw shucks, what's in a finish... I know, I know, we've argued for 3 forum pages at a time over which is better, sunburst or whatever someone else liked. Under the right lights, it would change color anyway. A little red light and I'm playing the heck out of a white Strat, but how would I explain the Kitty?

Now that was what I meant earlier..that looks good but why that star on it ?? I don't know how it plays though..

Plays REALLY well. Great sustain, and the tone is....well..."melty" as best I can describe it.

Hell, I don't even mind the pink star, but that "emo/scene" style guitar is what puts me off of it.

I've seen some girl rockers who impressed me. Susan Tedeschi (sp?) is one.

I'm not saying that they don't exist. I'm saying they're not an over-served demographic. I don't think you can argue that there are by no means too many girl rockers out there. And there's one guitar company that designs their instruments with them in mind, I'd buy one if I wasn't fully satisfied with my epi, which is already more guitar then I can handle at my current skill level.

I need to stay out of this thread... I bought a 2200 dollar Gibson just so I could feel okay with saying I like my 300 dollar fake just as well... Now I am scared that if I stay in this thread much longer, I'll end up buying the kitty one AND a daisy rock. This forum is really putting a dent in my retirement fund, LOL!

Sorry for the late comeback, but yes, I still have my most beloved and trusted Blue Bomber, the one in the sig/pic is a prop...ellor, HA! I also recently aquired a sadly misrepaired Squier Standard Stratocaster (don't stone me!) for the purpose of repair and extensive modification. One of them H/S/S jobs. ANYWAY, thanks guys, it's good to be back, I'll be on more often after we move...again. Oh, by the way, they'll have to pry my Epiphone from my cold, dead hands to get me to give it up.

• 2 weeks later...
Some of the guys here wouldn't purchase the J.J. French Elitist' date=' even when they were being being blown out for like $599. i would have snagged one if I could have and would have kicked anyones a*$ that said anything about it ![/quote']

>>> NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR ... JUST MY COMMENTS. <<<

I recently, Oct '08, picked up one of the Jay Jay French Elitist Les Paul's at a pawn shop. Not cheap, prob overpaid, but it was practically brand new with protective plastic still on the pups and essentially uplayed. Still, looking at current prices of Elitists online I think I got it at a decent price. I like this guitar. I've played fellow guitarist's Standard Epi LP's and this one by far is superior in playability and tone. Can't get a good sound out of one of these? Remember - most tone comes from your fingers - Eric Johnson could make a Tesco sound like God.

The JJF TS LP has the sounds I need to supplement my arsenal of guitars - several Ibanez, a Charvel (with Dimarzio and Jackson pups), and a vintage DanElectro ('65 Pro-1), maybe another guitar lurking n the basement that I've forgotten. I LIKE the look of my Epi. It plays wonderfully. Sounds great (Burstbuckers). I say get over it if you have issues with the color. Should every axe be gloss black or tri-tione cherry sunburst? It's a nice guitar.

I've played for over 20 yrs in all types of venues using Fender combos, a JSX head, rack preamps/processors, Peavey 80's rack tube power amp, stomp boxes, misc speakers and cabs - I.E. everything/anything it takes to get the sounds I'm looking for. I play "rock" (a huge category encompassing classic through metal), progressive/jam/jazz fusion (in the vein of Umphrey's McGee), blues, and pop. I use a wide variety of gear to get a wide variety of tones depending on the material being performed. I wasn't a huge fan of Twisted Sister back in the day - but I'm not a huge fan of Marilyn Manson, either - musically speaking. But I really like my Jay Jay French Les Paul. No - I'm not a plant by Gibson - just an enthusiastic musician.

BTW - Guitar Player Mag gives Daisy Rock's good reviews and a couple of the editors even admit to playing them onstage at gigs. Embrace being unique as a musician - the show is part of it. Have some fun once in a while!

I've wanted a JJ French ever since I saw a picture of one. I like HOT PINK, not baby pink, pastel pink, yuppie sweater

pink, uhhh, just no. PINKBURST! oh yeah, I'm there. It's an Elitest with BurstBuckers and in your face finish what's

not to like? You wanna get noticed, be remebered, be different, etc., etc. be the guy with the Pink Paul. I'm 44, (still

can't get used to seeing that in print), and my wife wishes my tastes were shall we say slightly more sedate, but I'd

love to see some color on traditional shapes. Heck I'm still wearing Nielsenesque checkerboard Vans 20+ years

after my first pair. There needs to be a loud but happy medium though, somewhere between Chameleons/Flip-Flop

colors, (popular for one summer in the 80's), but short of Neon Deans with matching painted fretboards. We as the

Gibson/Epiphone lovers tend to be traditionalists to a fault. Even the Fender Folk started throwin' some automotive

colors around to brighten things up way back in the beginning. It is a bit unsettling to see something different on an

icon but it really makes a bigger statement when it happens. I'll be mellow when I'm dead, for now, put my crap in

a color where I can find it in the dark wearing sunglassses.

Wedgie

I feel now is the time for some more...

> >. OLD CHINESE PROVERBS

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Virginity like bubble' date=' one prick, all gone.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who run in front of car get tired.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who run behind car get exhausted.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man with one chopstick go hungry.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who scratch *** should not bite fingernails.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Baseball is wrong: man with four balls cannot walk.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Panties not best thing on earth! but next to best thing on earth.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cat house.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who drive like hell, bound to get there.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who stand on toilet is high on pot.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who live in glass house should change clothes in basement.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

> >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

> >Man who fart in church sit in own pew.

Oh! And to clarify....[i']"Spectacles, Testicles, wallet and watch"[/i] came from the film Nuns on the Run starring Robbie Coltrane and Eric Idle, you would need to see the context it was meant...

OMG, LOL!!!!! This is the funniest thing I have ever read. Thank you and God bless you!!!!!!!!=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Archived