Gibson Brands Forums

Love it or hate it?

Guitar Chico

Looks nice but ive never been an EMG fan or a Kahler fan either for that matter,Besides if could afford one of these think i'd rather buy 4 or 5 nice Epiphones.The only Gibson Guitar of the Month that i actually coveted this past year ws the SG Diablo in red,now THAT was something.

On my phone' date=' the pics are pretty small, but I am intrigued by that Tremolo if it is what I think it is... Is that a bridge with Floyd Rose capabilities that doesn't require a body rout? Or am I misinterpreting what they mean by "post mount"?

[/quote']

That sounds interesting if it does mount like that. I wouldn't pay the 3+K for the guitar, but I have thought about a V. I really don't care for EMGs though.

Personally I've always liked V's - I used to have a copy when I was about 15 years old and I never had a problem sitting down playing it.

My first thought on this was - why didn't they use an ebony fret board and then I read the paragraph and it says it is an ebony board - perhaps it's my monitor, but that is the brownest ebony I've ever seen.

I would much rather have a earlier model V. I would like to have one again though...

I borrowed a Gibby V from very close friend who had two at the time. At the time, I was playing "Top 40" and it didn't have the versatility that I needed, so I passed on it. However, I did like it at about 3/4 open. It seemed to have great tone there. As for the necessity to "strap up"?? --- The V can definitely be played without a strap while sitting, but for me, I found that when I practice while sitting down, its always best to strap up, so that when I'm standing, the angle of the hands and tension on the strings are the same. You guys that strap to your knees obviously can't do this but I wear my guitar about mid-belt so it works for me. A 3 hour practice with my DOT and Strat today was done with a strap while sitting..................J

Archived