Gibson Brands Forums

If you spend all your $$$ on an EPI ZAKK WYLDE Guitar...

animalfarm

look at the pile of LP's at his feet and tell me you think he cares about a bit of buckle rash

Scratching up that juvenile paint job would only improve it.

I'll say it since nobody else will: This is a grown man' date=' looking like an idiot, playing a stupid-looking guitar.

[img']http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt26/Animalfarm1984/481175.jpg[/img]

And that new one that looks like a cross between a V and an SG is the most hideous thing I've seen this side of a Washburn ad.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least Dimebag is dead and has no say over what kind of silly guitars Washburn puts his name on.

Zakk Wylde (not his real name, I imagine) is actually posing for that picture with that guitar.

Seriously, what a dope.

I'll say it since nobody else will: This is a grown man' date=' looking like an idiot, playing a stupid-looking guitar.

And that new one that looks like a cross between a V and an SG is the most hideous thing I've seen this side of a Washburn ad.[/quote']

well i dont share your opinion but as far as the idiot part i can think of a whole lot lot of others that do or have looked worse than zachery wielant (real name except i think i spelled it wrong). he really is a nice guy, dude tone down the haten man i have known him since 1988 when he was 19 or 20 and he is pretty much the same guy.. but a lot more carefull since dime got shot. i must say if your hollowbody in your avatar is your guitar of choice that is great. (for you) but i like solid body guitars. i wont trash you for your opinions. i came to this forum to talk and share about epiphone electric guitars not trash individual's and their dress and what kinds of paint jobs are or are or not stupid. as far as dime goes he like pointy guitars heck i like pointy guitars but i like traditional guitars as well.

anyway i happen to like the bullseye, not a fan of the buzzaw graphic the camo is ok but i like an ebony neck on my L.P.

as far as marshall well i can say i really only like the vintage of 81 or older jcm800 are ok with a bradshaw or lee jackson mod. and i reallly like a plexi with a great brown mod (insert your favorite aftermarket modder here).

my favorite amp is the mesa stiletto, i will have one soon .

hate zakk all ya want but he has one huge thing going for him, he is sucessfull and prosperous at what he does. playing guitar, and it beats where he came from.. pumping gas in jersey

rock on zakk.

KK

Alot of the hate comes from jealousy. Simple childishness if you ask me. I can't say I am a huge ZW fan but nothing ever really made me want to make fun of or hate him either. I'm not sure I would really stoop to that anyway.

IMO, if he is good enough for Ozzy pick him as a guitarist, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps this? Primitive as hell' date=' but in a hurry, using"Paint" function...

[img'][/img]481175-1.jpg

I've done a quickie photochop on your edit...came out pretty good. PM me an addy if you like and I'll send it to you so you can post it.

B.

Guest icantbuyafender

[img']http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt26/Animalfarm1984/481175.jpg[/img]

And that new one that looks like a cross between a V and an SG is the most hideous thing I've seen this side of a Washburn ad.

chill KK

its all in humor

I laughed, and i laughed harder when i read the washburn line.... then i laughed again when i saw animalfarm's post.

but seriously... its just for a laugh.

i bet he'd join in and start laughing too.

Hmn... maybe the amp is humungous but just really far away? Ya ever thought of that?

By the way' date=' do you have the link to where you got these pics? [/b']lol

link: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-Zakk-Wylde-MG15MSZW-15w-Microstack-Amp?sku=481032

note the pix under main picture of the amp...

I like Zakk. I like his playing and respect the fact he's good at marketing his name and talent into serious

coin. With the somewhat overwhelming array of signature guitars it's easy to forget the other endorsements

though... the Dunlop pedals, the GHS and Dunlop strings, EMG pickups, and of course Marshall. I remember

him doing a cameo in some Roman setting mini-series too. If for whatever reason the man ever gave up

guitar think how well he'd do as a NASCAR driver. Instantly recognized, tv history, no stranger to labels, logos,

or product placement/endorsement. Think of the dealer tie-ins, and now the 2010 Dodge Charger Daytona Wylde

Bullseye Nascar Special Limited Production Signature Edition. The potential sponsors would be beating down the

door, but one would think a beer company would land that account. That's what NASCAR needs anyway, a rocker

to offset all the CMT watchers and give 'em all something new to complain about. He doesn't even need to be com-

petitive, just show up in a Marty Robbins kinda way.

Wedgie

chill KK

its all in humor

I laughed' date=' and i laughed harder when i read the washburn line.... then i laughed again when i saw animalfarm's post.

but seriously... its just for a laugh.

i bet he'd join in and start laughing too. [/quote']

Glad someone caught the Washburn reference. =D>/

Hmn... maybe the amp is humungous but just really far away? Ya ever thought of that?

By the way' date=' do you have the link to where you got these pics? lol[/quote']

Good point, sir. Perspective can fool you.

Yes, it's all in fun, but at some point, we all have to grow up and lose the pointy guitars that they market to 15 year old, long-haired, white kids.

well i am 46 and i will not lose my pointy guitars...i love them and i am all grown up, just happen to be a professional guitar player (makes my house payments and all of my other bills) and get paid well to play pointy guitars.

but ok if all in fun i am good.

That is some seriously funny s#*t. Also' date=' I think the "bad" photoshop job works. It only goes to further the overall silliness of the whole thing![/quote']

Thank you, sir. I'm glad you caught that. My OTHER option was to create a

MONSTROUSLY HUGE version of the lil' amp (with 3 GIANT KNOBS), then

fit ol' Zakk in front of it. Kind of a "MARSHALL - Our Amps are so Bad-azz they

need Giant knobs" thing...

All in fun. And YEP, Zakk makes mo' money than I do playin' his guitar!!!!!

I think for $249 this is a WICKED deal! Lets face it, its a cool little conversation piece (not that little for small apartments still lol!), the two 10" cabs are pretty cool and they add a bit of oomph so to speak from the regular 1x8" combo. Make no mistake, I am no Marshall MG lover, but, MG bashing gets to be a bit contagious on forums. They're not THAT bad, certainly not "Gorilla" bad, if anyone remembers those.

Heres the thing with the average solid state amp. Watch the "mids", and watch the "highs".

I've seen demos on Youtube where the player "scoops the mids" by dropping the contour knob WAY down. All the while jacking up the highs. BLECK!!!!!!!!!! Does not work with this amp. A good amount of bass, "contour" knob up a bit, and only a moderate bit of "high" dialed in. MUCH MUCH better!!!!!!!!!! WAY more full, WAY more thump, less grissly brittleness, MUCH better.

IMO, I'm not huge into signature stuff, but for the money you gotta keep your mind open and take advantage of a good value sometimes lol!!!!

Thank you' date=' sir. I'm glad you caught that. My OTHER option was to create a

MONSTROUSLY HUGE version of the lil' amp (with 3 GIANT KNOBS), then

fit ol' Zakk in front of it. Kind of a "MARSHALL - Our Amps are so Bad-azz they

need Giant knobs" thing...

All in fun. And YEP, Zakk makes mo' money than I do playin' his guitar!!!!![/quote']

Oh now you HAVE to show us that....I started laughing just thinking about it.

Archived