Gibson Brands Forums

CORONET COMING!!!!!!!!!

unreal77

Seems to me that since the Wilshire, Coronet and Olympic Double all share the same body and neck, Epiphone could be banging out all three models in no time flat if they had the will to do so. The Crestwoods would take a little more effort as they have the neck binding, block inlays etc but it would still be far from impossible to do those too. Whether anyone would actually want to buy them of course is another question. I've always really fancied a Coronet, there's nothing so desirable as that you can't get or can't afford, but if it was readily available I know I'd start asking myself, can I really live without the front pickup?

JG

i would really like a cheap version of the new willshire that they sell for like $2' date='000, i really like the double cutaway on it [/quote']

I'm with ya. I'd be all over an affordable Wilshire reissue with the 62 body shape and P90s. Although if they are going to do the Les Paul Special as was hinted on another thread, they may not want to launch two 2 P90 guitars at once. But a one p90 Coronet would be fun, too.

Why is Eric Clapton like a cup of coffee??? Cuz i got no use for either of them without Cream.

MY Noisemakers:

Epiphone 2008 Sg Custom Prophecy GX

Epiphone 2003 Korina G-400 Sg

Epiphone 1998 Korina Explorer

Epiphone 1998 Korina Flying V

BC Rich 1981 Maple Mockingbird Handmade

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Gibson 1968 Les Paul Custom

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Guild Madiera P-600 Jumbo Acoustic

Applause A-25 Acoustic