Gibson Brands Forums

Yoda

3 Chord Hippie

Well the new project is done. Thanks to all for the help on the P 90 question. I went with the GFS Dream 90, a graphite nut, high sustain bridge, 1 new pot. Sounds great, looks better in person. Mrs. Hippie did the paint work. Three coats of straight black base, then airbrushed Yoda (my Tac call sign), then seven more coats of clear. Wet sanded and buffed.

yodaproject028.jpg w320.png

yodaproject029.jpg w240.png

Good work!! How does the GFS Dream 90 sound?

I love the sound so far, but I've been partial to P90's forever. I'll know better after this evening, it's going to practice. We play a lot of 50's Doo Wop and 60's Surfer stuff so I'm thinking this is going to sound awesome. I'll let you know.

HAHA, awesome, I love it! When I was a kid my middle brother was terrified of Yoda. We used to turn the lights out on him when he was in the bathroom doing his business and yell Yoda, Yoda! LOL, he would freak out, oh brother, boys will be boys. My oldest brother and I sure tortured him. Now he is the biggest Star Wars fan.

Okay practice was a blast. The Jr. held her own against our lead player's Start, and a fellow who sat in with a Gretsch Electromatic. He kind of gave a funny look at Yoda till her heard it. The GFS Dream 90 has a very crisp, clean sound, but can be fiddled with to give a variety of sounds. Not as much as my Les Paul but still sweet.

Guest icantbuyafender

hmmm... jedi, you are.

Rock on, you must.

This has me so friggin excited its not even funny.

I really wanna airbrush the millenium falcon onto my white wilshire now. either huge on the back, or on the front lower bout.

(its decked out in chrome and white, so its a bit spacey and futuristic)

A storm trooper would work too.... or princess leah in jaba's tatooine maiden outfit... drool...

My buddy has the fernandes Nomad traveler guitar that is star wars themed... its got BobaFett on it... and its actually a decent axe.

Congrats sir

Guest icantbuyafender
One of those was on my Chritsmas list when I was 8. I wanted on soooooo bad. I never got it...[angry]

I too would have loved a bobafett guitar.

Im sorry to hear it didnt work out for you.

:-k

Archived