Gibson Brands Forums

Best Acoustic Strings?

EpiphonePlayer

I bought some D'Addario Phosphor Bronze ones and they're superb! But I've heard people saying Elixir ones were the best' date=' but they're rather expensive...[/quote']

I have the Elixer Phospher Bronze on my both of my acoustics. I love the way they feel and sound, I put them on my cheap Lyon and on the Martin HD-28.

Sheila

Down to personal taste and experiences, not sure about best. I have Martin Acoustic SP 80/20 bronze Custom light .011 - .052 on my Levin Acoustic.

My daughter bought me a nice strap for Christmas, and in the package was a set of Ernie Ball Earthwood Light .011 - .052 will give them a whirl when the time comes.

The Martins are a bit pricey, but they were recommended seeing the link between Levin and Martin.

Hi' date=' I put some D'Addario EXL light gauges on my new Ibanez AEL20Ea acoustic. They sound great, I just wanted to know your opinion on acoustic strings? :) :D :-k [/quote']

D'Addario phosphor-bronze light gauge here, on both my acoustic and my steel Dobro. Used to use GHS "White Bronze" on the latter, but these sound so much better--less clangy. Even tried other gauges of D'A's, but always come back to the lights

Archived