Gibson Brands Forums

So nobody got a MF R8 blowout....

HeadCase

......but me ?

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

DSC01251.jpg

Not the Sunrise Teaburst but Bourbonburst, from MF.

Not tryin' to re-open old wounds, but I can't believe nobody else got one.

I'd love to see what the Sunrise looked like in pics.....(or my own hands).

Post 'em if you got 'em!

What's the difference between this R8 and an R9?

plaintop and narrower frets on the R8?

both have the basball bat fat neck profile?

The difference between R8 and R9 is 1.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D/

Thats a real beauty headcase, congrats! =D>

They sold out before they even advertised them at 1999 MF did all right though they offered me the Bourbon burst at 2099 or a even better discount and on any more expensive custom shop guitar so I took the Warren Haynes Model since Ive always been a fan and the guitar is a great looking custom. it's in transit and slotted for delivery next Tuesday.

edit: Sorry almost forgot but great looking guitar I almost got the Bourbon myself but my R9 is a Brockburst and I just wanted something different and closer to the iced tea.

Retro, $2,099...really? They told me $2,500 for my Bourbon, no less.

HeadCase, colour wise, mine looks exactly like yours does...but for some reason, it looks much darker in nearly all of the pictures I take of it. Almost like Faded Tobacco. Same with my DB, they both look much better in person.

Nice Axe! Did you get it for $2,000?

Yes Sir, $1999 out the door. Kinda like hittin' guitar lotto seeing how many never got on the truck.

The R8 has the same fret wire as the R9 w/ a slightly larger neck. This one's 10 lbs. even.

My Teaburst was canceled too. I was shocked to get the "blow-out" price.

Can't wait to see the Haynes, good choice!

Yeah Tim you're right, hard to capture the true color. Also, I mentioned to Geeter_Axl that i had not seen a Bourbonburst that actually looked like a Brockburst. I was wrong, must be the lighting, cuz they do look identical in person.

See....

DSC01264.jpg

I don't know if I'm happy that I got a R8 for $2,500 or pissed off that I didn't get it for $2,000. HeadCase, I'm going to send you a pm and ask you a favor, if that's alright?

Brock & Bourbon are the same colour. I read somewhere that Gibson was involved in a lawsuit and had to stop using the word Brock.

Retro' date=' $2,099...really? They told me $2,500 for my Bourbon, no less.

HeadCase, colour wise, mine looks exactly like yours does...but for some reason, it looks much darker in nearly all of the pictures I take of it. Almost like Faded Tobacco. Same with my DB, they both look much better in person.

Nice Axe! Did you get it for $2,000?[/quote']

Yeah sorry I did not get it in writing since I was on the phone discussing then just placed a phone order but they offered the Bourbon for 2099 and the Haynes was 3k

my R9 is a Brockburst 2007 and has a dark 1 piece top that is why I went the route of tea-burst and then when that blew up took the WH I wanted something a little different color than the R9 yet hopefully a little more color than the honeyburst.

Archived