Gibson Brands Forums

stuck with gibby... help me decide please..

elleon ricardo

im stuck with gibby right now.. the GAS to own a gibby just getting stronger everyday lol

so i wondering ( after seeing endless youtube video of gibson guitar demos and read pages thru pages of reviews ) there's an "equal" match for the bucks and for quality:

1: gibson SG standard

2: Gibson Les paul Studio

3: Gibson les paul junior ( whether real junior or billy joel armstrong sig )

the reason i say they are "equal" is SG is good build guitar quality, the tone, wood, playability ( i think it has the same PU with studio, but do correct me if im wrong..[blink] )

les paul studio : ITS gibson LES PAUL.. the quality is better then faded or special but less bling and at the same time is "cheaper" then the standard one

les paul junior : cheap gibson but simply has powerful, crunch tones which is perfect to play rock

soooo.. with all these things.. please help me to decide which one is better.. i play rock music, i got music influences from Jimmy Pages, Jimmy Hendrix and Eric clapton while he still playing with cream.. and last but not least i played em all, SG, STUDIO, JUNIOR and they sound nice, and all of them suit me well.. the one that hold me to buy them all is my budgets LOL[crying] :) [crying]

anyway cant wait your reply..

I really wish the would call the studios and specials and juniors something other than a LP, cause they ain't by a long shot.

On your short list the SG Std. is the only one I consider a real gibson worth the price. The others are budget guitars.

edit: sorry NO gibson is worth the price, they are getting way to proud of their **** lately.

thought so too musikron but despite their history and their qualities.. no one could beat them except fender.. im full of GAS.. SG std are real temptations and sounds great too ( clapton would be happy to hear this LOL ) but LP somehow put balance in scale ...

the saddest thing that ever done by gibson is they way too expensive!!! ridiculously expensive!! BUT i already told my self i have to have gibson once in my life LOL[biggrin] [biggrin][blink] whether SG LP studio or junior

thanks for posting everyone lol keep posting please and help me kay?

If you've got the money I vote for the SG standard too, especially looking at your current gear list. You already own a decent LP! I'm also not keen on the chambered bodies of the current Gibby LP studios.

The SG standard is the only one listed which won't leave you wanting more.

Alan

Whatever you do though........Do NOT buy new.....the quality of Gibson's right now is the worst in years. Buy used on Ebay, you won't regret it. But make sure not to buy from seller's with 0 feedback or have a suspecious username.

Whatever you do though........Do NOT buy new.....the quality of Gibson's right now is the worst in years. Buy used on Ebay' date=' you won't regret it. But make sure not to buy from seller's with 0 feedback or have a suspecious username.[/quote']

I've purchased four new Gibsons over the last 1.5 years and all of them kick butt..... As a matter of fact I like them better than my 1980 LPC and 1974 SG200.

I've purchased four new Gibsons over the last 1.5 years and all of the kick butt..... As a matter of fact I like them better than my 1980 LPC and 1974 SG200.

But you have to spend an a$$-load to get a decent one.

But you have to spend an a$$-load to get a decent one.

No you dont...

My daughters Gibby MM = $298

My JJ MM = $646

My Faded SG = $749

My Gibby LPJ = $799

All of them played great right out of the box. Certainly they need to be set-up for me, but that's only $50 per guitar for my Luthier to do his magic.

Whatever you do though........Do NOT buy new.....the quality of Gibson's right now is the worst in years. Buy used on Ebay' date=' you won't regret it. But make sure not to buy from seller's with 0 feedback or have a suspecious username.[/quote']

I guess I'd also have to respectfully disagree, G4L. I get to play with Gibsons every day and with the exception of the "faded" studios, which just feel a bit "unfinished" to me, they have all been pretty sweet! Your mileage my vary, of course, and I would NEVER buy a guitar ... ANY guitar ... without playing it first and without a nice 30 day return policy just in case the honeymoon ends quickly for some reason!

[biggrin]

Jim

Elleon...you own enough guitars to know, that you always need to play the models you're

interested in, and make those determinations, on fit, finish, playability, and whether or not

they're worth their cost. We can't determine that, for you. Everyone, has their own opinions,

but...even our's can change, based on a new experience (positive or not). So...go out and

try some, dude! That's half the fun, anyway...isn't it? ;>) And, with the one's you've mentioned,

they have totally different sounds/tones, as well.

CB

hello CB, MIDIman.. nice to see you again LOL.. im already try em all and they all sound really really fantastic sadly the more i played them the more i got confused and stuck in the store till late LOL[crying]

so i thought maybe i could sharping my decisions by asking opinions to you guys.. so give me some review or references bout gibson

and @ gibson4life: hm... im sorry but i have to say i agree with midiman.. i think its okay to buy new one as long the build quality, the sounds and all is in great conditions.. what could go wrong with perfectly made gibson? except the credit card bill hahahahaha

and to all please keep posting k? with lot of reviews and reference from you guy its would make different

Archived