Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul with an Identity Crisis !

Caolan96

Hey Guys,

I was on a local buy and sell website today and came across this guitar :

Gibson Guitar

I have absolutely no clue what this les paul is supposed to be,

It looks fake, as the seller has poor english and whatnot, and considering its very low price, it came across as even more suspicious.

its seems it has a supreme logo on the headstock, with similar binding to the supreme, but with completely different paintjob and pickups,

even tho Im no expert, Im assuming at this stage it is fake, but for a fake, its a stunning guitar.

I'd really appreciate the feedback [blink]

Regards,

Caolán.

The shiny cheap plastic nut is a quick giveaway. Sites like Alibaba.com are full of these. Some are done really well and can be very tempting given the price of a real one. There is an awesome birdseye maple top LP copy on my local craigslist for $250 w/case. I contacted a supplier once and the sales lady said that the guitar copy's they were selling were made in the same factory as Epiphones but were intended only for the local market. Not sure if thats true or not but its interesting.

You don't really believe' date=' do you?

They were intended to be FAKE !

Peter[/quote']

You dont really think that guitar factories in Korea and China only crank out Epi's all year long do you? They will manufacture guitars for whoever contracts them to. I agree with you though, probably not the same factory making Epi's and Gibson copy's.

I have always wanted to own a genuine GIBSUN!

Check out the truss rod adjuster cover - missing a screw?

Most of these are made in Qingdao, in the same factory, the price there ranges from $100 per 'unit' to $300 with in place sellers bumping them up to 5 - 600 USD.

Dear Gibson,

I would like to complain about my woodchip bodied Gibsun Special!!!

Caveat emptor comes to mind but caveat venditor should be on Gibson's mind!

Archived