Gibson Brands Forums

Cool Epiphone Community

Legs

As a guy who has had most guitar brands, not only am I[biggrin] impressed wih my new Studio Dot, I'm impressed with the nature of the community!

I have had to be harrassed into participating with facebook,and have posted more on this Epiphone site! You folks and product have really impressed me!

Legs

There has been "other times" here' date=' too.

We should be glad they're over.

#-o

Peter[/quote'] Been there [cool] ... maybe not for all of it, but on the tail-end, perhaps ... I remember a few forumites who were more trouble than worth (if they weren't in fact all the same person:-k ....dunno ).

But, yeah, the Epi forums seem to be quite "mature" compared to the others .... perhaps because there's a good number of members old enough to be AARP members???#-o (myself included[biggrin] ) Not to mention the forums seem to be quite stable these days (....other than the time/date stamp issue...heh)

Thanks, folks for the POSITIVE feedback!! It's good to hear

once in a while, we're mostly "self-policing", but occasionally

require our MOD to step in and wee-wee in our coffee to set us

back to normal! [cool]#-o #-o

Glad y'all like it here. We just try to help each other and continue

to improve our playing, modding, and techie skills.

'Das what it's all about!!!!

634037208062657995-ReallyBadMusic.jpg

As a guy who has had most guitar brands' date=' not only am I[biggrin'] impressed wih my new Studio Dot, I'm impressed with the nature of the community!

I have had to be harrassed into participating with facebook,and have posted more on this Epiphone site! You folks and product have really impressed me!

Legs

Iwrote for an online magazine, forum about the VFR motorcycle. It was mostly made up of guys (who could never afford one) pretending they had o[angry] ne and doing astonishing feats! How nice that we're not blessed (cursed with such wipes!)[cool]

Legs

I wrote for an online magazine' date=' forum about the VFR motorcycle. It was mostly made up of guys (who could never afford one) pretending they had o[angry'] ne and doing astonishing feats! How nice that we're not blessed (cursed with such wipes!)#-o

Legs

Except for that Legs guy who claims to have a fantastic Dot. What a pain. [cool]

One of the "Perks?" of owning an Epiphone is that we don't have to act

arrogant, or like we're better than everyone else, or like we have more money.

Some of the "other" name brands can't say the same.

I also have to agree. I've been on about 4 guitar different forums in the last year, this is the only one that isn't full of arrogant snobs who look down on anyone who hasn't played for at least 10 years and who doesn't own a Gibson. The other forums I only used as a bare minimum, coming in and asking a question then leaving well alone and playing my guitar, this one I came to when I started modding my guitar and I'm still happy being here now the mod is complete. [biggrin]

Hello from Anniston, Legs...............yeah, it's a good bunch here.

Even if they're NOT all from Bama ![biggrin]

Oh, and I DO consider myself a bit of a snob, because i'm smart enough (like everyone else here) to realize that a good guitar doesn't HAVE to have a certain headstock shape.........

i'm smart enough (like everyone else here) to realize that a good guitar doesn't HAVE to have a certain headstock shape.........

Yeah' date=' a good guitar can have one of a bunch of different headstocks, like these for example:

[img']http://www.elderly.com/images/vintage/30U/30U-14093_headstock-front.jpg[/img]

fender+cbs+headstock.gif

SOPHIE_headstock-front.jpg

You know what, those are the only ones I can think of.

[biggrin]

Fact: Epi Forum is the least ****-ish place in teh interwebs.

Don't worry; I have plenty to go around.

[biggrin]

Yeah' date=' a good guitar can have one of a bunch of different headstocks, like these for example:

[img']http://www.elderly.com/images/vintage/30U/30U-14093_headstock-front.jpg[/img]

fender+cbs+headstock.gif

SOPHIE_headstock-front.jpg

You know what, those are the only ones I can think of.

[biggrin]

Don't worry; I have plenty to go around.

All that guitar wih the PRS headstock did was take 4 grand out of the pocket of this starving punk. Played like crap,sounded pretty good, and was a great wood sculpture. I expect more even from a cheap guitar.

Legs[angry]

[biggrin]

Thanks' date=' folks for the POSITIVE feedback!! It's good to hear

once in a while, we're mostly "self-policing", but occasionally

require our MOD to step in and wee-wee in our coffee to set us

back to normal! [biggrin [biggrin] [biggrin]

Glad y'all like it here. We just try to help each other and continue

to improve our playing, modding, and techie skills.

'Das what it's all about!!!!

634037208062657995-ReallyBadMusic.jpg

Good God! is that why my coffe tasted so pissy this morning?

Legs#-o

Hello from Anniston' date=' Legs...............yeah, it's a good bunch here.

Even if they're NOT all from Bama ![biggrin

Oh, and I DO consider myself a bit of a snob, because i'm smart enough (like everyone else here) to realize that a good guitar doesn't HAVE to have a certain headstock shape.........

cool Dot! I'm building an in home studio. If you ever need to record and burn on a 24 track . just bring some CD RW. I hope to have set up finished nby years end! Total cost is less than Burningfish paid for our last session.

Legs

Home email tbpond@bellsouth.net

Hey, recently re-located son of Mississippi here.

I ain't as much a snob as, after some 50 years of playing, just set in my ways.

Face it though, there will always be wingnuts out there who slam gear when the closest they have ever been to that guitar is looking at a picture of one in some magazine or music store catalog.

What I have learned - if it has six strings and is playable, just give me an amp with a tube rectifier and no master volume knob I can get a noise I like out of it and have me some fun with it.

I am not sure though there is a force on the face of this earth powerful enough to get me to go near Facebook (nor on a Honda motorcyle ).

Hey' date=' recently re-located son of Mississippi here.

I ain't as much a snob as, after some 50 years of playing, just set in my ways.

Face it though, there will always be wingnuts out there who slam gear when the closest they have ever been to that guitar is looking at a picture of one in some magazine or music store catalog.

What I have learned - if it has six strings and is playable, just give me an amp with a tube rectifier and no master volume knob I can get a noise I like out of it and have me some fun with it.

I am not sure though there is a force on the face of this earth powerful enough to get me to go near Facebook (nor on a Honda motorcyle ).

[/quote']

Zomby,

Before MS got me I had 8 bikes including one of those slow FXDs worked for Heart of Dixie(Pelham,AL) for 2 years until I started falling over! Wrote Legs at Large for Thunder Roads (10years) Full Throttle 6 years, 4th Generation Harley guy.I've had enough of Harley for this lifetime.

Legs[cool]

41 years playng and enraging the masses!

As a guy who has had most guitar brands' date=' not only am I[biggrin'] impressed wih my new Studio Dot' date=' I'm impressed with the nature of the community!

Legs

Iwrote for an online magazine, forum about the VFR motorcycle. It was mostly made up of guys (who could never afford one) pretending they had o[angry'] ne and doing astonishing feats! How nice that we're not blessed (cursed with such wipes!);)

Legs

Hey Legs you shopuld polish the swingarm on the VFR. Its a single sided swingarm correct? I used to work at a Honda motorcycle dealership a few years ago and I changed a tire on one. The guy had stripped and polished the rims and the swingarm. It looked great. I sure do miss my CBR!!!!!!!! Glad you like the forum. There are good days and bad days but its usually great around here.

Hey Legs you shopuld polish the swingarm on the VFR. Its a single sided swingarm correct? I used to work at a Honda motorcycle dealership a few years ago and I changed a tire on one. The guy had stripped and polished the rims and the swingarm. It looked great. I sure do miss my CBR!!!!!!!! Glad you like the forum. There are good days and bad days but its usually great around here.

That would've looked cool; however, it is now in hell living the life of a privateers bike,

Legs

Zomby' date='

Before MS got me I had 8 bikes including one of those slow FXDs worked for Heart of Dixie(Pelham,AL) for 2 years until I started falling over! Wrote Legs at Large for Thunder Roads (10years) Full Throttle 6 years, 4th Generation Harley guy.I've had enough of Harley for this lifetime.

Legs[cool']

41 years playng and enraging the masses!

Hey Legs, my first motorcycle was my grandfather's 1930s Indian Chief. My favorite bike however remains a 1967 Triumph Bonneville.

Archived