Gibson Brands Forums

My long awaited G400's here

Legs

Epiphoneboners,

My G400 is finally here despite UPS' best effort! I don't know if I'm just lucky,but set-up fit and finish were excellent. It's a lot better than the Genuine Gibson SG that I used to have. Good work Epi![biggrin]

Legs

Sorry Kowalski'

The BS required to post a simple photo is too time consuming. The Avatar change is pretty straightforward, but the photo post is too time-consuming and user unfriendly for me.

I don't do websites myself but I have paid for many. If one of the Industrial stes I scripted had such a user unfriendly photo post, the Webmaster woul be looking for amother client!

Legs

Congrats on the guitar! Would love to see some larger photos.

Image upload policy on this board is pretty standard for most free forums. If they let us upload directly to their servers, we'd kill this place in no time. A Lot of places dont even let you upload an avater...or restict it to a very small pixel size like 50x50.

The process is easy, really. Open a photobucket (flikr, imageshack, etc.) account and hotlink to the forum. I have my own server space, so I just FTP up and link it. Super easy!

The BS required to post a simple photo is too time consuming. The Avatar change is pretty straightforward' date=' but the photo post is too time-consuming and user unfriendly for me.

[/b']

I don't do websites myself but I have paid for many. If one of the Industrial stes I scripted had such a user unfriendly photo post, the Webmaster woul be looking for amother client!

Legs

What are you talking about? There is no BS required. It doesn't take much time. And it is very user friendly.

And I have no idea what you mean by, "I don't do websites.". You're at this website all the time!

If you spent half the time you have posted on here, learning and doing it, you would know how easy it is.

I'm not trying to be mean or disrespectful here, I just don't understand how a guy posts a topic about wanting to get a G400, than another about buying one, than another about how long it is taking to get there, and then one about it getting here, BUT, that same guy doesn't care to share the pics with members because it takes too much time.

I'm sorry, but that just seems strange to me.

And quite silly. [cool]

I mean functually build websites. When I wrote for ThungerRoads we had over340,000 members, a hell of a lot less money for websites, and a lot more photo posts. I have my photos on Image Shack, But i"m having trouble uploading them to Epiphone site.

I have limited time and problems with MS.Consider this my last post.

If you already have them up on Image Shack, just slap the URL between two tags - like so:

[ IMG ] http://www.link.com/pic.jpg [/ IMG ]

Just leave out the spaces in the brackets. And if you hit the "image" button on the Post Reply page, it puts the image tags in for you. Just paste the URL in between them.

No point in getting all huffy and running off. Its not that big of a deal. We just want to see your new axe [cool]

Legs! Hang around, will ya? I've only been here a few days but you make me laugh. And, sometimes, chortle. That's good stuff right there.

If you want some help with the pics just email 'em to me and I'll post them for you.

LAST post??????? Surely not after all the anticipation, the

humorous exchanges.... Through the marvel of "remote viewing/

out of body travel", I was able to get to your home, unpack your git,

remove the pups, photgraph all, the re-assemble before you had

opened your package.... Twilight Zone Cr@p!

I use photobucket. Is that the "MARTIAN" from the Bugs Bunny cartoons

in your t-shirt?

resource.jpg

Your guitar, perhaps? And the following pic shows the pups that you have in it! #-o

2959748590103338164S600x600Q85.jpg

guitar003-1.jpg

#-o 137 posts in less than 2 weeks since joining is pretty good going, though.

Brad means well but he makes a good point. We all love to see new guit photos and you did build your impending new guitar day up somewhat.

Like Sachi, I've enjoyed your contributions over the last two weeks. So get them pics posted!

Micro Soft or Multiple Sclerosis?

Legs,

Before you dismiss me as a complete as* hole (which I am good at) I would ask you to read on and

consider.

I was born with a broken back and Spina Bifida. There wasn't much in the way of technology in 1951

compared with today. My parents were told I would probably be dead before I was 20.

I am still here. So much for my situation.

The point I am trying to make is that turning your back (excuse the pun) on things to do and people

to talk to should not be dictated by our situations. None of us have anymore than now. It is not always

easy. It is often inconvenient. It is always frustrating when we feel our efforts are for not.

The important thing is that we try. You never know when one of your words or actions will effect

someone else. No matter if it is for better or worse, all we can do is try.

You, up till now, have been trying. (Maybe more so to some than others) I do believe you have made

some friends and raised some interest.

Whether you deside to stay or leave is your choice. In either case, I hope you will give thought to

these things as they are my personal beliefs. (for what that is worth) Don't ever quit anything in

life just because "This is a pain in the ***." Being a pain is my job!

We can't always help but, we do try.

Willy

P.S. We also, frequently, make fun of each other. We just try to do it with good intent.

Dog gonne it Tim !!!!

With only appx. 70-80 miles seperating us, I was going to try to get together with you to jam........

It'd probably be like "Bill & Ted" from the 1st "Exellent Adventure" movie, but it'd be fun no less.

C'mon back..........you won't find a better group of "forumites" anywhere.

Nooooooooooo.......Even I've grown to like your posts Legs! and considering my hatred of another 'frequent-thread-creator' that is on here (I won't mention his name **TPurgatory** because that would be rude)' date=' it's quite an achievement on your part!

This forum is a great place to get all sorts of info, support, banter and humiliation and to keep it that way, requires new members like you to post and show photos of your new guitars, I had such a great time checking this thread to see if it had arrived and was really looking forward to seeing your HNGD pics [biggrin

Once you've got the hang of getting pictures posted on here, you'll be amazed at just how easy it is. I really want to see pictures of your 'Red Lucille' - get it sorted!

Archived