Gibson Brands Forums

The new look

djroge1

I know its just me but the facebook, twitter interface is yet more ways to track you etc... I am against all that crap.

Same here... I found it odd that a forum has a "Friends" feature. I don't need any more arenas to make me feel like a friendless loser [lol] Maybe I'm just turning into a Luddite.. or curmudgeon.

I do like some of the new features though.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a lesson Gibson needs to learn in more fields than just website management.

If there's one thing I hate it's pointless updates for the sake of appearing hip and trendy as opposed to offering any sort of useable features. The layout is more cramped, avatars are too small to be worthwhile, and it's more of a pain to post. Awesome upgrade guys.

It has Profile Pages like Facebook or Myspace. For a self Promoting Band Member like me, that's a HUGE PLUS!

Obviously Gibson plans on the forum Getting Bigger, not Smaller. It's more like the Forums you find at Guitar Player or Acoustic Guitar Magazine. Bigger Online Communities need Freinds Lists and Profile Pages if you want to stay in touch with certain members.

The Smilies are easier to use, and you can Attach files directly to you post, making Virtual Jams a heck of a lot easier. No more bouncing back and forth to Sound Clip for sharing.

I'd say the positives outweigh the negatives, but bigger avatars that automatically adjust would be nice.

Archived